HI guys i just started playing about 5 days back and have been practicing for about 2 hours per day(which i think most ppl wud say is a lot). I started out with the app yousician and reached level 3 in jst 4 days. Iam mainly focusing on the lead part and fingerpicking. I started playing out using fingerstlye as i want to master that(nothing is masterable i know). So i need help regarding my posistion of my right hand i usaually rest my palm on the thickest string as i feel comfortable picking that way. I wanna know if i shud rest my hand over there or no. Also iam struglling with hitting the right string in coordination with my fretting hand.
So some help wud be nice. I hope to become a part of this huge family.
THX
Apps like yousician make me want to vomit. Using such rubbish is the reason you will never be a musician. It will turn you into a robot. Boring, no rhythm, no style, no creativity and no humanity can come through you and your instrument by using such a tool.

That's only my opinon and what do I know? I'm just a beginner about a year's into my playing and what a blast I'm having best choice I ever made. Helps me channel so much creativity.
PSimonR I actually used this website as my main source to start learning guitar a few months ago and i approve it's very helpful.

the progression of the course is well made
teaching you the basic chords up to almost any technique you should know like proper muting.
Last edited by Cassandra_Kitty at Aug 5, 2017,

That’s great. I think you are doing absolutely fine. Two hours are enough to be a good guitarist, all you need is consistency and ambition to be somebody and I believe you will do fine. UK Academic Writers

Having trouble coordinating your hands five days in is normal. You're putting in the work, and as long as you're seeing improvements, just keep at it. There's a lot of hate for Yousician among "real" guitar players, but if it's working for you, ignore the hate.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
Having trouble coordinating your hands five days in is normal. You're putting in the work, and as long as you're seeing improvements, just keep at it. There's a lot of hate for Yousician among "real" guitar players, but if it's working for you, ignore the hate.

I'm not familiar with that particular app however i came across a few  that were similar (i believe ?) and that i wouldn't recommend ... some of those focus way too much on ''learning how to play songs on the guitar'' instead of ''learning how to play the guitar properly'' which is a problem.

As long as it motivate people to keep praciting and playing and they actually progress while doing it than i don't see anything wrong  
Last edited by Cassandra_Kitty at Aug 12, 2017,
S o i started to take this class today and have never rited lettering before . This i am having trouble forming my letters . I chos... 
thanks guys for ur replies.
i found yousician to be the best for starting out. ive checked out justinguitar but i didnt like it much.
its been one month now and i started seeing the difference in my playing but am still struggling with faster fingerpicking songs
but eventually ill overcome that someday. also i wanna get mor into fingerstyle and justinguitar focusses more on chords.
Last edited by manthan1771999 at Aug 22, 2017,
You could always just learn a couple songs you like in fingerstyle and practice those after your exercises, that would help with your hand coordination