So I made the switch to 7 string this year. I bought a nice used Schecter Damien 7. I loved the 6 string version and I love the 7 string version too now that I own it (My only gripe is the Damien 6 had the EMG HZ H4 pups which rocked but the HZ's on the 7 are not based on the 81 and don't sound as good). Anyways, from day 1 I pretty much kept it in standard tuning and just dropped the B to A. I recently tried the tuning in which you tune the G down a half step essentially making it play like a 6 string with an extra high e as opposed to an extra low B. Now I like the idea of the tuning but I miss the B being tuned lower (sounds better to me) so I want to know how far can I drop the tuning on the 26.5" scale before I would need to start using huge gauges. I make electronic rock or industrial or whatever you want to call it so there is always synth with low notes being used (and also I am more of a low pitch singer, think Dave Gahan) and I want to find a tuning that is going to be comfortable to play and compose with so I don't want to go so low where I need huge gauge strings. Thank you in advance for any advice. 
What do you consider "huge" gauges?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
To my thinking, a 26.5" scale isn't all that long. I have a 27" 7-string, and it's tuned to standard plus the low B.

I'm severely old-school when it comes to transposing musical keys to match a singer. On piano, you change keys by changing the chords and melody that you play. We'd constantly have singers walk up and tell us the title of the song, "In A, please" and if everyone in the band had learned the song in D, you'd have to change what you play pretty much on the spot. The same applies to guitar; if you learned to play the song one way, you just transpose the chords (and the solos, etc.) to match the song. You don't completely retune the guitar or swap guitars. If you're playing behind a baritone singer (like Gahan), you're going to play in a key that works for him. That said, I've gotten really lazy when using the Variax guitars; you just turn a dial and you're in a different tuning.
dannyalcatraz I'm trying to avoid 12 gauge or higher. I played heavy gauges on a 6 string so I could tune a bit lower but one of the reasons I went with a 7 string was to be able to use lighter gauges and still get a low sound. I got a pretty heavy left hand touch so I really feel the extra string girth and its not so comfortable.
I was thinking less about the high strings and more about the low. That's because when I do unusual tunings, I tend to customize the stings I use as opposed to using a stock set.

To illustrate, my main alternative tuning is New Standard Tuning (NST), which is CGDAEG. My NST String Gauges:
C:052+ G:044+ D:030 A:016 E:011 G:009

You're not generally going to find that combination in one packet. The one time I did, it was in a pack of coated strings for a 7 string guitar. (I bought 'em, too.). Some sellers make hybrid sets now. And some web retailers sell single strings.

So what you might do is find something approaching what you like on the high end, and fill in the low-end strings with what you need to avoid the dreaded flubby lowstingitis.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

dannyalcatrazwell in your opinion what is the lowest, lets say the wound strings or more exact the low B and E strings could be tuned before I need to start using those heavy gauges?

dannyalcatrazfinding strings is not what im worried about, what I really want to know is 1)how low can I tune before needing bigger gauge and 2)how low can you tune if I was to use bigger gauge? Thanks
Those both depend on how loose or tight you like your strings.

26.5 is like 9-10 E standard
10-11 D,C,B
12+ for A
and then you can go to mud city for G at 13+
Prs se Holcomb is the answer