Hello all.

Once again I have been working hard trying to polish them turds and have a new creation for everyones listening (dis)pleasure.

Sooooo.......... touching~cloth productions proudly presents...........

https://soundcloud.com/undecided404/clowns-again

As always for me, there are elements of this that I am relatively happy with, and elements that still seem to suck. So I would appreciate any pointers from the community on how to improve. 

As usual, I am more than happy to go C4C with anyone who takes the time to listen, so drop me a link to your track and I'll try and give some feedback.

Hope you enjoy. 

Cheers
Hey man! Pretty cool song here, feels a bit like some European avant-garde type metal, like Arcturus or Vulture Industries. Especially in the vocals, I liked how they were layered to get that unhinged sound.

I think it rides the initial progression for too long throughout the song. There might be a bit of variation in the phrasing at different points, but the overall harmony is still very much the same. I actually didn't get tired/annoyed at the repetition of the motif, so that's good...but I did keep hoping after the first minute or so that the song would "bloom" a bit more. I enjoyed the solo section, it had a great riff and fit well with the rest of the song. Good lead tone as well.

The mix was good, everything had clarity and the bass sat with the guitar nicely while still being easy to pick out. The guitar tone sounds a little old-school in its...scratchiness, which I'm not usually a fan of, but it definitely works for this song.

In summary, either the song repeats too much or I have a short attention span, take your pick! I really enjoyed it otherwise.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Hey man, thanks for the review of my latest song!  I like your guitar tone here; not bothered at all by the slightly old-school tone.  "Modern" metal tone is highly-overrated.  Solo that starts at around 2:28 sounds good, but it might have been nice if you branched out from that style of lick about halfway through.  Vocals were good and heavy, but the only thing I didn't like was when you layered higher vocals with guttural vocals (I've never liked that, no matter what artist does it).  That's my personal taste though -- I generally prefer low metal vocals and higher, more black metalesque vocals to be separate and distinct, but it's okay to use both on the same song.  Nice job overall -- keep up the good work!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Damn man, very cool track! I wasn't too keen on the guitar tone at first, but once I got into the song, it fits the aesthetic for sure. I'm really digging the vocals, very manic, and the two different styles pair very well in my opinion. Sort of reminds me of a more progressive older Bishop of Hexen in some ways, and Diabolical Masquerade in some parts.

I would totally listen to an album of this, good work!
Reminds me a bit of Dethklok.

Should definitely turn up the vocals though man since they're a bit inaudible in some sections on my shitty laptop speakers.
Same for the solo, I think that should be a little bit more prominent in the mix and maybe a touch of reverb or delay when it's at the same time as the vocals to give it some atmosphere.

Probably just requires turning the rhythm guitars down slightly now that I think about it.

By the way, I'm not a professional so take everything I say with a swift ignore

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761744
Hello all and thanks for commenting.
Quote by KailM
Hey man, thanks for the review of my latest song!  I like your guitar tone here; not bothered at all by the slightly old-school tone.  "Modern" metal tone is highly-overrated.  Solo that starts at around 2:28 sounds good, but it might have been nice if you branched out from that style of lick about halfway through.  Vocals were good and heavy, but the only thing I didn't like was when you layered higher vocals with guttural vocals (I've never liked that, no matter what artist does it).  That's my personal taste though -- I generally prefer low metal vocals and higher, more black metalesque vocals to be separate and distinct, but it's okay to use both on the same song.  Nice job overall -- keep up the good work!

Yeah - the solo kind of went on a bit without any development. I think I forgot to record a further harmony part that was going to come in towards the end. As for the vocals - I layer because my death metaly vocals suck pretty bad and the layering covers it up. It's cheating but I blow my voice out pretty quick (poor technique) trying to do it so I found it's a compromise that gives a more passable result. 
Quote by ExDementia
Damn man, very cool track! I wasn't too keen on the guitar tone at first, but once I got into the song, it fits the aesthetic for sure. I'm really digging the vocals, very manic, and the two different styles pair very well in my opinion. Sort of reminds me of a more progressive older Bishop of Hexen in some ways, and Diabolical Masquerade in some parts.

I would totally listen to an album of this, good work!

Thanks Man! Really stoked to hear somebody enjoys listening to it. 

Cheers to all.