Thoughts on Gooey Butter Cake (does that even exist outside my state)?

Poll: This
Poll Options
View poll results: This
It's great
3 16%
It's okay
0 0%
I don't like it
1 5%
It sounds gross so I never tried it
3 16%
I want to try it
1 5%
I've never heard of it
11 58%
Voters: 19.
I don't know if gooey butter cake exists outside Missouri in the United States, but whatever. Who knows.

For those that don't know, it's basically a yellow cake with a solid outside and a gooey inside that is really good but hard to describe. It then has a top covered in powdered sugar.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
Quote by gogiregion
I don't know if gooey butter cake exists outside Missouri 

show me
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
Quote by mattedbird
show me

show you
kikkoman kikkoman
show me
show you
KIKKOMAN!
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
tres leches or bust
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yellow isn't a flavour.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by kalypto
i've never heard of it but it makes me want to shoot up

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
we, too, have lard

It's more like a stick of butter than lard.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

Quote by OddOneOut
Yellow isn't a flavour.

Yes there's no way there could be a type of cake called yellow cake.
Quote by OddOneOut
Yellow isn't a flavour.

Sponge is also not a flavor.

Neither is red velvet or black forest...

Chiffon isn't a flavor either but I've only heard of lemon chiffon cake and lemon most definitely can be a flavor.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
orange:

flavor or color?

also get mad Euros because i didn't spell those with u's

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
orange:

flavor or color?

Both naturally but IIRC the fruit was named orange a long time before we started calling what you get when you mix red and yellow, 'orange'.

In fact I read somewhere that english has a surprisingly high amount of basic color terms when compared to older languages.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by N8dagreat3
wtf is a brownie?
A creature from British folklore.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by N8dagreat3
wtf is a brownie?

A brownie is a square baked dessert. It is a cross between a cake and a soft cookie in texture[1] and comes in a variety of forms. They can be made without anything aside from the essential ingredients, but nuts (usually walnuts) and chocolate chips are commonly added to make them more substantial. Another variation made with brown sugar and chocolate bits but without melted chocolate in the batter is called a blonde brownie or blondie. The brownie was developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized in the U.S. and Canada during the first half of the 20th century.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by OddOneOut
Yellow isn't a flavour.

It is if you're high enough.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
A brownie is a square baked dessert. It is a cross between a cake and a soft cookie in texture[1] and comes in a variety of forms. They can be made without anything aside from the essential ingredients, but nuts (usually walnuts) and chocolate chips are commonly added to make them more substantial. Another variation made with brown sugar and chocolate bits but without melted chocolate in the batter is called a blonde brownie or blondie. The brownie was developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized in the U.S. and Canada during the first half of the 20th century.

I feel bad that you went through all the trouble of looking up the definition of a brownie, copy and posted it, for absolutely no reason. 
Quote by bradulator
tres leches or bust

you spelled tiramisu wrong

Quote by N8dagreat3
I feel bad that you went through all the trouble of looking up the definition of a brownie, copy and posted it, for absolutely no reason. 

You should feel bad.
Quote by MinterMan22
you spelled tiramisu wrong

you spelled teramesoo right
The only cake I get excited for is cheesecake or something like tiramisu. Fudge brownies as well if that counts. Can't knock if it haven't tried it yet tho.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
The only cake I get excited for is cheesecake or something like tiramisu. Fudge brownies as well if that counts. Can't knock if it haven't tried it yet tho.

Cheesecake is really good.

Quote by N8dagreat3
wtf is a brownie?

something you put your finger in

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by TheChaz
Yes there's no way there could be a type of cake called yellow cake.
Quote by Victory2134
Sponge is also not a flavor.

Neither is red velvet or black forest...

Chiffon isn't a flavor either but I've only heard of lemon chiffon cake and lemon most definitely can be a flavor.

Sponge can be any flavour it describes the texture of the cake (same as chiffon) and is defined by the methods that are used to bake it, red velvet and black forest have defined flavours and appearances. Incidentally both of those are chocolate sponges but iced and constructed differently.

Yellow cake could describe any cake coloured yellow, of any method of baking, of any texture and any flavour. So asking if I've heard of a yellow cake that is gooey inside and hard outside means nothing to me because "yellow cake" means nothing to British bakers.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut

Sponge can be any flavour it describes the texture of the cake (same as chiffon) and is defined by the methods that are used to bake it, red velvet and black forest have defined flavours and appearances. Incidentally both of those are chocolate sponges but iced and constructed differently.

Yellow cake could describe any cake coloured yellow, of any method of baking, of any texture and any flavour. So asking if I've heard of a yellow cake that is gooey inside and hard outside means nothing to me because "yellow cake" means nothing to British bakers.

That makes sense. Yellow cake has something to do with ratios of the ingredients that makes it yellow. We have yellow and white, and I didn't know that was an American thing.

typical americans and their retarded ass definitions for things you can literally put yellow food colouring in any cake mixture and it will be a yellow cake smdh
Quote by kalypto
typical americans and their retarded ass definitions for things you can literally put yellow food colouring in any cake mixture and it will be a yellow cake smdh

Yep. Although some cakes couldn't be dyed due to thheir natural color.

Quote by gogiregion
Yep. Although some cakes couldn't be dyed due to thheir natural color.

You're forgetting that you can always bleach the fuck out of the ingredients and then dye them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by OddOneOut

Stateside, yellow and white cake is dependant on the ingredients. Yellow cake uses whole eggs and butter, whilst white cake uses egg whites only and a mixture of butter and shortening. White cake tends to have a finer texture and is less spongy than yellow cake due to the lower levels of fat in comparison. The names have very little to do with the colour, as yellow cake sponge can be very white. It's the presence or absence of the egg yolk that provides the name.
The Great British Baking Show is a sham
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by kalypto
"Any book is a children's book if the kid can read" - Mitch Hedburg
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Okay, so it sounds like it exists outside Missouri, but isn't common. That's what I expected.