Want to see what everyone jams on. Show your go to guitar and tell a short story of why you love it

Page 1 of 2

This is Marie, (the actual name of the model. It ingraved on the cover of the trust rod hole) sammick did a fine job IMO
????
Last edited by justin_webb94 at Jul 30, 2017,

This is my desk chair. I jam on this all the time. I don't have a name for it, and I don't ever intend on naming it either.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Yes, it does look like that, doesn't it.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
I have a few electric guitars, bass, keyboards, USB synth pads, midi mixing boards for beats/EDM, etc, etc lots to jam on. Planning on buying a pearl roadshow drum set soon, as well. This is my most recent acoustic purchase, a Rogue.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Sweet, was looking into another acoustic soon. My have to find one if these for a try
????
I don't have a picture of my guitar without me in. :| I'll spare you all the hideousness of my face. 
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
My Partscaster 
A  Squire 72 Telecaster Deluxe with Mightymite neck and Gibson LP guts.
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Last edited by Smith357 at Jul 30, 2017,
Gibson 2016  50's tribute. 

not the best photo because i don't have much space to get a good angle but this one is my favourite
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
My Gary Kramer Custom.  I love it because it's fantastic.

/predictable joke
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.

That's what's currently out and right next to my computer desk. 
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My Washburn <3

Washburn needs more love.
Last edited by Spinnerweb at Jul 30, 2017,
Quote by Spinnerweb
My Washburn <3

Washburn needs more love.

TBH, I've never played a bad washburn.

Though I have only played 2, and one was an N4, so...
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
This is getting by far the most playing time atm:

I made it, the bridge mounts directly on the biscuit tin via holes in the plank, and it sounds a lot better than it looks,. I'm thinking of electrifying it.
Last edited by Tony Done at Jul 30, 2017,
Despite how nice some of my other guitars are, I keep picking this one up and I just cannot put it down.

Wonderful in every way.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
This. One of the new American Pros which I bought back in February. It was my gift to myself for completing my first year of learning guitar. Feels, and looks, great to me, and makes practicing and playing fun. This was the day I brought it home.

Quote by Tony Done
This is getting by far the most playing time atm:

I made it, the bridge mounts directly on the biscuit tine via holes in the plank, and it sounds a lot better than it looks,. I'm thinking of electrifying it.

Nice work.

The Washburn I'll always remember was a one-piece prototype electric someone I knew had. Thing vibrated like it was alive.

My main guitar, mostly on though for a brief period off, is my stock Carvin DC127 (neck-thru you know), currently with an Alumitone humbucker. (Before that I had the Deathbucker in there, which is great, too, but the Alumitone has just enough gain, and is a little more balanced - though the DB is very balanced for a high gain pick-up.)

It's pretty balanced in tone and weight, is fairly light, and plays pretty easy. 

My next in line is this Klein re-make, that a Chinese company I found makes if you ask for it, also now with an Alumitone humbucker. It plays most like I've felt a guitar I wanted should play. And despite evidence I've seen that wood type makes no difference, this sounds a little richer than the DC with the same pick-up. It's not my main guitar because, despite being ergonomic, I have to push my elbow out and hike up my right shoulder a little to pick correctly.

Last edited by Imaginum at Jul 30, 2017,
Still my #1 axe six years later.  There is just something about a Tele.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Cajundaddy/pictures/personal/1249998/
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 30, 2017,
Here's the exact bass I bought from Sweetwater. A Yamaha TRBX 305. They took professional shots of it for me to inspect before they shipped it.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Here's the exact bass I bought from Sweetwater. A Yamaha TRBX 305. They took professional shots of it for me to inspect before they shipped it. 

Sweetwater are pretty great like that.

Thomann took beauty shots of my exact FGN before they shipped it out. And they now use those studio shots of my guitar in the official product listing.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
T00DEEPBLUE
I'm so happy that Sweetwater is in the same state as me, so I can support a local business with a bomb ass selection.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
very artsy pic w/ great lighting and framing i know
the six string leaning against my dresser is a rogue lx406 bass that i got from my cousin

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Despite how nice some of my other guitars are, I keep picking this one up and I just cannot put it down.

Wonderful in every way.
But how can you play a guitar with [whatever's meant to be wrong with the cutaway, I forget what it is]?

Seriously, though, I've started putting money aside to buy at least one guitar when I'm abroad in Japan next year, and while I'm likely to get something Fendery first, if I feel rich enough after doing that there's a very real chance I'll grab myself one of those FGNs too
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
This post was a mistake, lol you guys make my stuff look like a first act from Walmart clearance rack.

NICE instruments in this forum
????
I have no go-to guitar or interesting story to go along with it. Just a big ol collection that I use almost equally. Too many to post here, just go to my profile pictures if you want to see them.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 31, 2017,
@justin_webb94: the Klein re-make was $650, shipped.

Nice inexpensive guitars are all over now. I got this Ibanez GXE something (basswood/maple/quilted sapelle top) for $250 a few years ago from a local guy. They go for about that still online. Stays in tune, long sustain, plays easy. Sings a bit.

Full Shred in it, which is a little too hot for my tastes, but still dynamic enough. I'm thinking of switching in a DiMarzio Tone Zone.

Here she is: my Gibson SG Classic. I tried it out in a guitar center one day when I was 16 and couldn't stop thinking about it. I saved for three years. I haven't looked back since. Named her Joan after an ex's grandmother, a sassy New Yorker who didn't take shit from nobody. 

Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Sterling JP-100, I've had this for about 6 years and its my only functioning electric, but I love it because it suits me so well ergnomically. Gonna upgrade and get a strat or something similar soon hopefully, but I think I'll always keep this one in my collection
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
i_lovemetallica : not to pinch your nipples or anything, just mentioning cos I wondered and looked it up:

Human factors and ergonomics, also  known as comfort design, functional design, and systems, is the practice  of designing products, systems, or processes to take proper account of  the interaction between them and the people who use them.

That is, ergonomic is made that way, not generically the way something fits you.
Meh, you know what I mean.

feels good (when I play it) man
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Guitar talk here? Wow.

My Ibanez RGT42 with Dimarzio pickups

My Lág 

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Last edited by Blayney at Jul 31, 2017,
this is a really really old photo but it's good enough

breedlove ad20sm. i love it
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've had my current main guitar for almost 11 years now, honestly the only reason it is still my 'main' guitar is because I don't play enough any more to justify upgrading it.
Quote by Spinnerweb
Blayney That Ibanez is beautiful.

Thanks I like it a lot. It's not the most expensive or fancy Ibanez but I've had it since like 2005 and I'm so used to it now it's hard to play another guitar. The neckthru gives such good access to high frets and the neck is a lovely shape. 

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

This is currently the one getting the most play time. Its a gibson standard in blueburst. 
Page 1 of 2