Hi,

i'm thinking to buy the "How To Become A Lyric Writing Machine" course on Udemy.
Does anyone here have any experience or done that course already and knows if it is worth the money??

Thanks
Hey Matt,

I would try it out personally because it's at a great price. Pay attention to the target audience the seller is aiming for. If this applies to you, I would recommend buying it.

I would only use PayPal and if you don't like the course, I would ask for a refund, or if you don't get what is promised in the course, I would contact PayPal and ask them to help you get your money back.

Overall it seems worth the money. This coming from someone who has bought multiple online courses on different topics. 

Go ahead and try it!
Quote by GlamrockSam
Matt_Hornstein Hey Matt, if you find the course useful let us know!

Hi GlamrockSam!
I just finished the course. First make sure to get a discount on udemy. I got the course for 15€ since i found 100€ would be a lot...
I like it. The course explains how you get yourself into the "writing mode" and how you can come up to get more creative. So if you are beginning to write songs and you have no clue where to start, there is a lot of valueble informations in there and definitively worth a try for 15€!
DanTheHobbit lol I know, it looks like a deliberate plug for Udemy doesn't it :P

I'm a real person though, and I'm actually genuinely interested in the course! I sing and write for the glam band The DandyLions. Here's a vid of my band, I'm the one in the pink and yellow luchadore outfit

Let me know what you think. And I take it you write songs as well?
Eh. Sorry for being so negative. I saw the join dates, and the thread came across as ersatz. My apologies. And yes, I write songs.

The posted song is well-produced. Lyrically, it isn't my thing, but it's catchy, and the video is well done. Water cheers.
I am a fake mountain.
DanTheHobbit  It's all good, it does pay to be savvy about marketing on the internet.

Thanks for the feedback on the song I'm particularly proud of the video, so I'm glad you appreciate that !

Out of curiosity (this being a thread about lyric/songwriting and all), what is it about the lyrics that you're not into?

Is it that the subject matter doesn't grab you or bores you? I was aiming to use Pick and Mix as a metaphor for addiction, I 'm wondering if it comes across, or if I accidentally went cliche
Ahoy there. Glam usually isn't my thing, but I have an appreciation for comedy rock (Ween is great). You definitely don't go into cliches as "pick and mix" is not something overdone (or even really touched upon). The lyrics just seem to be grabbing at relevant rhymes. It's not terrible or even half bad. I'm just not moved. That's all.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit
Eh. Sorry for being so negative. I saw the join dates, and the thread came across as ersatz. My apologies. And yes, I write songs.

The posted song is well-produced. Lyrically, it isn't my thing, but it's catchy, and the video is well done. Water cheers.

No problem! Apologies accepted

GlamrockSam Good job with the video!
Quote by DanTheHobbit
Ahoy there. Glam usually isn't my thing, but I have an appreciation for comedy rock (Ween is great). You definitely don't go into cliches as "pick and mix" is not something overdone (or even really touched upon). The lyrics just seem to be grabbing at relevant rhymes. It's not terrible or even half bad. I'm just not moved. That's all.

Cheers Dan I'll check out some Ween :P
GlamrockSam The video as well as image of the band looks very original for me. Originality (while still write good songs) is a good way to have a publicity. Video impressed me, even if I do not listen glam rock, but the song and whole record is OK. I think it should have a positive impact on its target market.
All the best for you and your band! 

tomas.skl

thank you Tomas.ski!  I'm so glad that you liked the video!!! When we make another one I'll post it here as well

all the best to you and yours!
Recommended threads
k.
Dregen
Last post:
by DanTheHobbit
meditation.
Something_Vague
Last post:
by DanTheHobbit