https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/linkin_park_fan_took_her_own_life_following_chesters_suicide.html

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/another_linkin_park_fan_commits_suicide_in_wake_of_chesters_death.html

Commit suicide over any band/artist or any musical genre is just dumb. Extremely dumb. I don't get why any music enthusiastic would do this but it's so unnecessary. I mean, what the f**k? Seek for help, not for them but for everyone that they cares and that cares for themselves!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Yeah, I don't think these people were all too stable to begin with. A musician dying is just another drop in a bucket of emotional/psychological issues.
The shape of the last drop is irrelevant.
While the tendency to romanticise suicide as an inherently irrational thing is problematic, electing to commit suicide is an action usually lacking in rationality. Trying to criticise it with rationality will only take you as far as the person is willing or able to comprehend it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Seek for help, not for them but for everyone that they cares and that cares for themselves!
The fact that you made this thread just to call them stupid tells me you don't really care all that much.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

suicide contagion is a thing separate from this one instance 
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
didn't like half of Japan commit suicide after hide's "suicide" though
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
oh boy, imagine getting to go into those articles and reading through all the crap that's been crammed into comment form underneath them
Quote by ultimate-slash
oh boy, imagine getting to go into those articles and reading through all the crap that's been crammed into comment form underneath them
seriously lol
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
What is your native language though
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Baby Joel
seriously lol

Should we not do anything until someone else cleans up the mess?
Quote by Trowzaa
What is your native language though

Totally portuguese.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Banjocal
While the tendency to romanticise suicide as an inherently irrational thing is problematic, electing to commit suicide is an action usually lacking in rationality. Trying to criticise it with rationality will only take you as far as the person is willing or able to comprehend it.
Yes, but also depends how you define rational. And, it's not an insignificant thing to acknowledge that culture is one of the biggest predictors of suicide rates, so criticizing suicide as a foolish or stupid choice is also not always pointless. Also, simply talking about suicide in the media has been linked to spikes in it, so, for good measure, don't do it and seek help if you feel bad kiddos, it's a dumb choice.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
I would argue that having terminal disease and choosing to cut a debilitating and degrading decline short to be an entirely rational thing to do. Let's not succumb to lazy relativism.

EDIT: in any case, words like "foolish" and "stupid" are, to a person who is depressed or unable to see or experience any real sort of positivity in their day-to-day lives, utterly facile, rhetorically and logically useless, and on part of the person saying them, ignorant. There is nothing contributed there, and seeing such rhetoric as useful to preventing it from snowballing is similarly worthless.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jul 30, 2017,
Have you ever posted anything that wasn't dumb?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
From these peoples perspective, their world could be crashing down around them and their favorite musician passing could very easily push them over the edge.  Sure, nobody wants to see someone take their life for something so "foolish", but put yourself in their shoes.
I'll take ya down there for 25 schmecklllllllles
Quote by seanlang01
Yes, but also depends how you define rational. And, it's not an insignificant thing to acknowledge that culture is one of the biggest predictors of suicide rates, so criticizing suicide as a foolish or stupid choice is also not always pointless. Also, simply talking about suicide in the media has been linked to spikes in it, so, for good measure, don't do it and seek help if you feel bad kiddos, it's a dumb choice.
this was a very long way to reiterate OP's groundbreaking thesis.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Hal-Sephira
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/linkin_park_fan_took_her_own_life_following_chesters_suicide.html

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/another_linkin_park_fan_commits_suicide_in_wake_of_chesters_death.html

Commit suicide over any band/artist or any musical genre is just dumb. Extremely dumb. I don't get why any music enthusiastic would do this but it's so unnecessary. I mean, what the f**k? Seek for help, not for them but for everyone that they cares and that cares for themselves!

What's more stupid is believing that a singers death was what they really killed themselves over.  They would have had significant mental issues in the first place and would have eventually found any reason to do it.
ok
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by theogonia777
didn't like half of Japan commit suicide after hide's "suicide" though
I mean like two people did but that's kind of fair like what's the point of living in a world without hide?

Though they should have at least waited till his last album came out because it had several of his best tracks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Hal-Sephira  
Commit suicide (...) is just dumb. Extremely dumb. I don't get why any music enthusiastic would do this (...)

And that is precisely why we don't judge anyone, because we don't understand what is going on inside their minds.
Our only job is trying to be empathetic and try not to be negative.  Saying it's dumb is diminishing the action and all the history behind it.
Like if it was really as easy as "today i'm dying". Put some minimum thought please. 
Last edited by maxulyses at Jul 30, 2017,
Suicide seems to be becoming more common, I don't know if I like it or dislike it, the civilised world has become more peaceful but at the same time heartless as fuck, everything ends up as some joke or meme for people to laugh at, your problems are no ones but yours and don't you dare think anyone can solve it but you or go fuck up your brain with some drugs and meds and become a junkie, sometimes there's really no place for you in this world.
How do you say "suicide" in your own language?
Check out my band Disturbed
I bet they did so just after finishing watching another one of those AWFUL MOVIE REBOOTS too
Quote by Banjocal
I would argue that having terminal disease and choosing to cut a debilitating and degrading decline short to be an entirely rational thing to do. Let's not succumb to lazy relativism.

EDIT: in any case, words like "foolish" and "stupid" are, to a person who is depressed or unable to see or experience any real sort of positivity in their day-to-day lives, utterly facile, rhetorically and logically useless, and on part of the person saying them, ignorant. There is nothing contributed there, and seeing such rhetoric as useful to preventing it from snowballing is similarly worthless.
Maybe, but suicide victims and those who attempt suicide are two different things so it's nearly impossible to truly know what they're thinking. By my understanding the affect of a negative cultural attitude towards suicide is that it would eliminate that choice from some people's suite of acceptable actions, not that it would turn someone away from the edge of a bridge in that moment. But I don't know how true that is, I'm just pointing out that there is evidence that might suggest being purely sympathetic to suicide victims isn't for sure the best attitude, if suicide prevention is the ultimate goal.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Simplicity: tell them to stick around. If they don't, they earned a Darwin award. NEXT.....

note: the post before mine was made at 4:27.  27!
Look a lot of people don't have great people in their lives like a lot of us do. Some of those people find their outlet in music, and get very attached to the music and artists performing. Other people can turn to music in times of depression, I know I turned to Pearl Jam's music when I was at my worst point a little over a year ago. Their music helped me get through that time, and for that I'm forever in debt to that band.

So if someone has had such a big impact on a life, or someone maybe is one of the only people you can look up to and they just die so suddenly, it can really affect you.

I know when Chris Cornell passed earlier this year I grieved for a few weeks. Had never met him, just lost that person that had helped me and been a figure to look up to for a large part of my life.
I wanted to kill myself when frosty died so I get it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Good thing you waited for Santa, everything worked out.
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by SanDune65
Good thing you waited for Santa, everything worked out.

Santa isn't allowed over anymore ever since I was put on the naughty list and he spanked me without pants on and I had to point on a Grinch doll where Santa put his presents inside me. 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I wonder if he knew his suicide would cause others to commit suicide if he would have gone through with it?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Santa isn't allowed over anymore ever since I was put on the naughty list and he spanked me without pants on and I had to point on a Grinch doll where Santa put his presents inside me. 

Heavy