Hello!
I am thinking about changing amps to an Orange thunderverb 200. I was thinking about either a TV50, Rockerverb 50 or OR50 at first, but then I stumbled upon a great deal on the TV200 (about half price for a new one) which would be about the same as the used lower wattage alternatives.

I play mainly small shows and record in my bedroom studio. I realise 200w is completely overkill, but is it a disadvantage considering I can get it cheap?
I need an amp with great cleans that takes pedals well, I use a lot of reverb and delays for ambient clean sounds. I would also like a big fat organic distortion.

Buy or no buy is the question?
Last edited by JKEr at Jul 31, 2017,
Test it. While normally I might say wattage isn't a huge factor this time it might. Make sure you can play at a volume that works for you situation. You may find the volume control will be to touchy to work In a bedroom situation. If not then go for it
isn't there power scaling on it? 200w/100w or something?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I mean any tube amp is gonna sound better at earsplitting levels than at reasonable solo practice levels, but as long as you're not in an apartment you should be able to get away with an overpowered amp.
Thanks for all the replies! It does sound very promising, very close to pulling the trigger. I posted on the orange forum as well to get as many inputs as possible since I can't try before buying. Funny thing is that 100% replies on the orange forum are negative and 100% here positive. From what I've heard though it does sound awesome and on paper the 100w mode with attenuator should solve the "too many watts-issue".

I'm a little lost on the ohm department: would I be able to use it with a 212 cab with 2 16ohm speakers inside as long as they manage over 100w (in 100w mode)?
I imagine there are multiple taps on the back, in the case you're desribing (assuming the speakers are wired in parallel) you'd want a 8 ohm tap.

The Thunderverb is monstrous, don't know what the Orange forum is smoking...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I imagine there are multiple taps on the back, in the case you're desribing (assuming the speakers are wired in parallel) you'd want a 8 ohm tap.

The Thunderverb is monstrous, don't know what the Orange forum is smoking...

Because the orange fourms are 90 percent newbs that think orange began with the crush
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Big thanks everyone! I just can't not buy this thing. The order is placed and paid, really looking forward to try it! Just gotta prepare a cab, and possibly my funeral as my beloved woman finds out what I've just done Pray for me will ya!