Poll: WHich should I buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: WHich should I buy?
RG2550EX
1 100%
RG2550Z
0 0%
Voters: 1.
 I'm trying to decide between these two guitars, both available used for a similar price.

RG2550Z:
5-piece maple & walnut Wizard Prestige (58mm / 18mm / 20mm)
Edge Zero w/ ZPS3

RG2550EX:
3-piece maple Super Wizard Prestige (56mm / 17mm / 19mm)
Edge Pro

The Z is in pristine condition, but Wizard Prestiges were wider in 2009  than they used to be (58mm instead of 56mm at the last fret).   The EX  has a few chips/dings on the rear edges and some minor buckle rash and I have never tried a super wizard neck.  I also don;t know which tremolo I would prefer.

They are both too far away to try before I buy and there is nowhere  locally that I can test out bridges/necks on similar guitars.   What I  do know is that I actually quite like the Wizard II and Edge III on my  Xiphos (my first Ibanez, so a big upgrade on what I was used to at time  of purchase), but prefer the neck and ZR w/ ZPS2 bridge on my prestige  Saber, which I bought later.

Which do you recommend? 
i'd probably rather have the edge pro than the edge zero since it's known to be good and made by gotoh. i've never tried the zero, though, so it may be great. and the overall condition of the guitar, as you said, confounds things a bit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
honestly every prestige ibanez is exactly the same so you can really go wrong.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^ LOL

not far off... apart from the trem maybe. and some might have slightly different neck profiles.

Nice score ben_fairweather As you said, sometimes you just have to take a chance or risk missing out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?