((no postings of or allusions to Glenn Frey or whomever playing garbage))

Written or improvised, what is it? Have any recordings?
Non-tonal meaning "atonal" or "non-major/minor"?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
i haven't made any but i respect it. i feel like when i get off my ass and start recording i'll definitely end up writing an atonal and a contrapuntal piece just to test my chops and see if i can make something halfway listenable lol
modes are a social construct
I've done (bad) modal music but not really anything atonal.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Hail
i haven't made any but i respect it. i feel like when i get off my ass and start recording i'll definitely end up writing an atonal and a contrapuntal piece just to test my chops and see if i can make something halfway listenable lol

Do it up.

Quote by Kevätuhri I've done (bad) modal music but not really anything atonal.

I don't know where people get the idea that 'modal' music isn't tonal. A key is tonic plus the mode. Major is modal - but not Church modal. HAH. By the way, every time I try to @ you, it fuckin scrubs your name when I apply changes. What the fuck is that?

MaggaraMarine : can be tertian and not be tonal. Tonal can not be tertian. So, not tertian-tonal, and not jazz.
Last edited by Imaginum at Aug 2, 2017,
Considering that OP does not know the definition of tonal music, he's banned, and also kind of a douche, I'll close this thread. PM me if you have a problem.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here