Hey I'm most likely buying this amp and building a 212 or 412 w/ my dad and I was wondering what speakers would go best with this at bedroom volumes. I play lots of Metallica, avenged sevenfold, pantera, and old school thrash. Should I just buy the 100W or is it worth another $100 to get the 150W or but I save up and get the 300W with noise gate because I have a reverb pedal and hate the spring reverb on the other models. Thanks🇺🇸
You can never go wrong with a V30 for metal, the Celestion G12H-30 or G12T-75 are also good choices in my opinion. For a cheaper option, I've heard good things about the Eminence Man O War, and then there's always buying a used cab to gut for the speakers, which is probably a more cost effective way.

The 100w version is all you'll ever need. That will be plenty for playing over drums as well as any gig you play.
Quote by ExDementia
You can never go wrong with a V30 for metal, the Celestion G12H-30 or G12T-75 are also good choices in my opinion. For a cheaper option, I've heard good things about the Eminence Man O War, and then there's always buying a used cab to gut for the speakers, which is probably a more cost effective way.

The 100w version is all you'll ever need. That will be plenty for playing over drums as well as any gig you play.
Quote by areskoch
ExDementia thanks man.  Do you know what tones I can get out of this amp

They do high gain stuff very well. If you're looking for a Pantera style tone, they do that perfectly, as they kept that RG heritage in the sound from when Dime used the RG100ES. They will also do solid modern metal sounds as well on channel 3.

The clean channel is surprisingly decent as well.
Regarding wattage, I say bigger is always better. All models work in bedroom just fine, but bigger ones have more clean headroom when you need to crank it for band situations. Better to have it and not need it than needing it but run out of juice. 😁 That said the 150w model through 4 ohm cabinet can get so loud that it will drown most drummers and still stay clean.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus I guess if the 150w is within budget then sure, it definitely never hurts to have more headroom. I wouldn't feel like you need to though, I've got a 140w (Ampeg VH-140c) solid state head that never even needs to go much over 3 on the volume dial. The 100w shouldn't have any issue.

Unless there are some features the 1503 has that the 1003 doesn't? I haven't checked, TBH
Last edited by ExDementia at Aug 4, 2017,