So last week I gave up videogames in pursuit of learning the guitar. I traded my ps4 for a mint condition Esp Ltd MH100QM and it plays well, but I would like to upgrade the tuners to either grovers or hipshots due to the factory ones feeling a little unsatisfactory. I will eventually be upgrading the pickups at some point once I get better at actually playing.

Which tuners do you guys prefer and why? Also, what pickups would you upgrade to if you were me?
Quote by NavyVet88
So last week I gave up videogames in pursuit of learning the guitar. I traded my ps4 for a mint condition Esp Ltd MH100QM and it plays well, but I would like to upgrade the tuners to either grovers or hipshots due to the factory ones feeling a little unsatisfactory. I will eventually be upgrading the pickups at some point once I get better at actually playing.

Which tuners do you guys prefer and why? Also, what pickups would you upgrade to if you were me?

Absolutely unnecessary to "upgrade the tuners" on most guitars. What "feels a little unsatisfactory" to you? Generally, changing (it's not really an upgrade) pickups isn't something a newbie really needs to do, either. Your question is telling -- if you don't know what the current pickups are missing in your tone, it makes no sense to ask others what pickups THEY'd change to if they were you. And finally, other things are probably much more important in shaping your overall sound than pickups. Amps, pedals, etc., make a much larger difference than pickups.
dspellman

Thanks for the info. The tuners are really loose almost seem like they are dangling in the holes when unstrung. I restrung the guitar yesterday and noticed that the tuners are all really loose. Is that normal? Lord I hope not. Well I figured they were passed their prime so to speak when I noticed how loose they were. The pickups are something of a future project idea when the time comes because I want to do a lot with this guitar as it's my first electric.
Quote by NavyVet88
dspellman

Thanks for the info. The tuners are really loose almost seem like they are dangling in the holes when unstrung. I restrung the guitar yesterday and noticed that the tuners are all really loose. Is that normal? Lord I hope not. Well I figured they were passed their prime so to speak when I noticed how loose they were. The pickups are something of a future project idea when the time comes because I want to do a lot with this guitar as it's my first electric.

If that's the case, I'm not sure your guitar was "mint condition" when you bought it. Your tuners should not be flopping around in their holes. I'd run that down to a tech or find out if you're simply missing the sleeves that are supposed to hold them securely. Are they screwed to the guitar? There's a correct hole size for each set of tuners, and they should fit firmly in the holes and if they don't, the seller has some 'splainin' to do.

Most tuners also have a screw that "locates" them on the back of the headstock so that they're positioned correctly relative to the edge of the headstock:

Put up some photos of what you actually have going...
Pick up one of these - http://www.emgpickups.com/hex-driver.html.  it's a $5 plastic tool that fits most of the wide nuts on your guitar - tuning pegs, input jack, volume and tone pot nuts, etc.  It's great to get things nice and hand tight without marking any surface.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
+1 on giving the tuners a "tune up" before replacing.... might as well check all the screws on the guitar for a little "snug up" here and there if needed.
Quote by Guitaraxe
That's a cool little tool. 

That's what she said.
Not sure the size of the sleeve nut is on the LTDs, but the most of the ones on my Ibanez guitars are 10mm, with some being 11.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
if you think they're broken, get new ones -- even the exact same ones that came with the guitar. But be advised, i've never played a guitar that stays in tune forever. Not sure that's a thing. That's why even the pro-est of pros have tuners in their rig
It's all about feel
I can't seem to find the ones made by esp. They do t sell them on the website. Ill try eBay next