So basically I'm looking for a pedal that will essentially enable me to reduce the sample rate of my signal, giving it a super nintendo- / atari-esque sound. Does anybody around here have any experience with stuff like this? Any recommendations? 

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
I've had some limited experience with bitcrushers before, but to me they just sound like butt. The closest thing to a bitcrusher that I find actually musically useful are the LFO step filters on the Subdecay Starlight MKII Flanger, that allow you to create glitchy, low-fi flange effects that can sound rather bitcrusher-y on more extreme settings.

I haven't done much research into dedicated bitcrushers, but one I can think of looking at would be the Mooer LowFi Machine.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE That's definitely something I'll take a look at, thanks
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
they do sound like ass but maybe that's what you are going for. i love bit crushers
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Besides that one, ones to consider would be the WMD Geiger Counter (both versions), Digitech's Dirty Robot, IdiotBox's Death Ray Frequency Mangler, and the Dwarfcraft Happiness or Gears pedals, to name a few.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!