I use very thin stings on my SG, but I was wondering if I could have the nut replaced with a locking nut to keep my tuning, still using the regular tune-o-magic and stopbar, as I go out of tune very easily
You'd need a way of tuning after you lock the nut, it'll throw the strings off when you clamp it. Something like a TP-6 with fine tuners at the bridge end would work. 

This would be a pretty extreme fix, and reversing it would be ugly and probably unpleasant. I'd suggest strongly that you try a new nut, properly shaped and lubricated by a competent tech, before you go hacking a locking nut in there. What you are asking about is not impossible, and it may well solve your problem, but tuning issues can almost always be solved with a proper setup and less drastic measures. 
Quote by rappoon7
I use very thin stings on my SG, but I was wondering if I could have the nut replaced with a locking nut to keep my tuning, still using the regular tune-o-magic and stopbar, as I go out of tune very easily

The main issue with the SG is the tilt-back on the headstock, and the angle that the strings take as they leave the nut toward the tuner, both back and downward AND off to the side to get into the tuner on the 3+3 headstocks. These two things make having a perfectly cut nut critical. I actually went to a full Floyd Rose on most of my Les Paul-style guitars (which have the same basic headstock setup), and that's eliminated the tuning issue altogether. Most SGs are a bit too thin for a Floyd Rose and are barely thick enough for a Kahler.

You don't have to go all the way to a locking nut; Kahler makes Behind The Nut String Locks that will do the same thing but that attach to the headstock very close to the nut. Since there's very little string length behind the nut before it hits the string lock, there's almost no chance that the guitar will go out of tune due to binding in the nut. But as Roc8995 points out, you still need some way to fine tune the guitar after the tuners are locked out, so a TP-6 would probably be the best idea.

https://www.kahlerusa.com/locking-nuts-and-string-locks-stringlockshttps://www.kahlerusa.com/locking-nuts-and-string-locks-stringlocks

Worth noting that a behind-the-nut string lock usually leaves a couple of screw holes on the headstock when removed, but an actual locking nut would require carving a "step" where the nut normally lives if you're using a locking nut, and THOSE are more difficult to reverse.
If the nut is cut wrong or not lubricated correctly, or if there's a problem with the bridge or the neck, it's going to suck with or without locking tuners. Locking tuners are basically for the convenience of faster string changes, they'll only improve tuning stability if the old tuners were broken or being used wrong. 

Think of it this way: if the string isn't physically slipping out of the tuner, then there's no reason to think that locking the very end of the string into the tuner would make any difference, since the string isn't moving or slipping significantly. I suppose fewer wraps around the post might theoretically make a tiny difference but in practice, the tuners are almost never the cause of tuning instability, so locking tuners won't solve the problem. 
Quote by Roc8995
If the nut is cut wrong or not lubricated correctly, or if there's a problem with the bridge or the neck, it's going to suck with or without locking tuners. Locking tuners are basically for the convenience of faster string changes, they'll only improve tuning stability if the old tuners were broken or being used wrong. 

Think of it this way: if the string isn't physically slipping out of the tuner, then there's no reason to think that locking the very end of the string into the tuner would make any difference, since the string isn't moving or slipping significantly. I suppose fewer wraps around the post might theoretically make a tiny difference but in practice, the tuners are almost never the cause of tuning instability, so locking tuners won't solve the problem. 

true, but locking tuners sure are nice, and lets face it, its fun buying shit for our guitars!
No argument there, but it's worth mentioning that it's a convenience upgrade and not a solution to the problem! 
Quote by Roc8995
No argument there, but it's worth mentioning that it's a convenience upgrade and not a solution to the problem! 

Locking tuners may or may not be a solution, but its still a pretty good excuse to buy new tuners!
Quote by kentrock
Locking tuners may or may not be a solution, but its still a pretty good excuse to buy new tuners!

If you need an excuse to randomly blow money for no good reason, might I suggest one of the GoFundMe websites?
Quote by dspellman
If you need an excuse to randomly blow money for no good reason, might I suggest one of the GoFundMe websites?

Where do you think I get my money???  hahahaha