Hello guys i'm kinda new at guitar and i made a similar thread before i had a budget of 500-600$ CAD to buy a new guitar for playing metal and a lot of you
recommended me a used Ibanez Prestige or a Jackson SL2 however i waited and now i have a budget of around 900-1000$ CAD.

Also one thing that i was wondering is should i buy a new amp as well ? I'm currently using this Behringer V-Tone Amp that came with my guitar a long time ago
https://www.ebay.com/p/Behringer-V-TONE-GM108-15-watt-Guitar-Amp/70333557?iid=222593286785

People seems to think it's a pretty good little amp for practicing overall which i'm guessing is okaie for me since i'm not looking to play in a rock concert anytime soon lol it's gonna be to play in my room but then again i know less about amps than i do about guitars.

Basicly  i was wondering should i buy a new amp too ? once again any model of guitar for playing metal that you guys can recommend me for my current budget ?

Thanks
Last edited by Cassandra_Kitty at Aug 5, 2017,
Yes get a better amp for sure. You find a good guitar especially used for 4-500 and get an amp as well
Bummer i see ... out of curiousity are virtual amps any good ? also any amp + guitar in my budget you guys would recommend me for metal that are decent ?
Never tried virtual. Keep in mind that the amp is the heart of your sound. A better modeling amp would work.
Spit the money and get a $500 guitar and a $500 map. You can do very well with that kind budget on both sides and if you find a local music store you can make a deal. Tell them you are there to buy a new amp then tell them you are considering a new guitar. They'll probably make you deal on both. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
how quietly do you have to play? better amps are super-important but if you're in an apartment where you have to play at whisper volume all the time, not so much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how quietly do you have to play? better amps are super-important but if you're in an apartment where you have to play at whisper volume all the time, not so much.

Good point ... i live in an apartment with a basement though i can't make too much noise anyways when i look up good amp vs good guitars it's seems like 75% of people says to go for the amp i'm guessing the sounds of the guitar pickups doesn't have as big of an impact as the amps ? 
Last edited by Cassandra_Kitty at Aug 6, 2017,
amp is more important but the pickups are still important. if i had to pick (but i don't) i'd rather have a good amp with middling pickups than vice-versa, but i'd rather have a good amp and good pickups. once you have that good amp the pickups are suddenly very important, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You sound like me a few weeks ago. I like what others are saying to split the money. I used a Vox vt20+ combo previously then got a great deal on a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo. It's excellent for metal. I also entertained the Peavey xXx, but the cleans sucked on it. Not that my 6505 are great, but they are very manageable. 

If I have to rate importance it would be Amp>Pickups>Guitar

Even a budget used guitar is really good shape with a pickup swap would be a great option as long as you have the money AFTER buying a really good amp. I went for a used amp and saved over $400 instead of buying it new.
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Guitar: Ibanez S370
Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1