Page 1 of 2
I'm thinking of buying Dean Razorback series Bio mech with Floyd Rose. I am going to use thus guitar for a long time. So I need to know If it's good or not???!
My experience with the lower-end Deans has been dreadful. Especially the Dimebag ones.

I played a Dimeblade ML that was owned by a friend and the finish on the back of the neck was incredibly rough, it was like running your hands down the splintery boards of a patio deck. There were dead notes on the upper end of the fretboard caused by uneven frets, the fret edges were sharp. The nut was a poorly-cut piece of hollow plastic. Lots of pieces of hardware felt cheap and plasticy. I even had to remove the decorative 50's-style arrow baseplate that the strings pass through just to get the low E string through it, as the holes for mounting the baseplate were misaligned with the holes through the body. And the guitar's graphics just looked an absolute joke.

I've played the higher-end Korean Deans like the Dean From Hell and while it was better, it was still way overpriced for the specs you get. For £1000 guitar to come merely with a Floyd Rose special and not a Floyd Rose 1000 is pretty insulting, as there are endless examples of guitars with the superior 1000 series Floyd for significantly less money. Since many of those guitars are even made in the same factory as the Dean From Hell, it's obvious that you're paying a lot for the name instead of quality.

Suffice to say, you have better options.

What is your budget? Are you willing to go used? What are the specs you're looking for?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My experience with the lower-end Deans has been dreadful. Especially the Dimebag ones.

I played a Dimeblade ML that was owned by a friend and the finish on the back of the neck was incredibly rough, it was like running your hands down the splintery boards of a patio deck. There were dead notes on the upper end of the fretboard caused by uneven frets, the fret edges were sharp. The nut was a poorly-cut piece of hollow plastic. Lots of pieces of hardware felt cheap and plasticy. I even had to remove the decorative 50's-style arrow baseplate that the strings pass through just to get the low E string through it, as the holes for mounting the baseplate were misaligned with the holes through the body. And the guitar's graphics just looked an absolute joke.

I've played the higher-end Korean Deans like the Dean From Hell and while it was better, it was still way overpriced for the specs you get. For £1000 guitar to come merely with a Floyd Rose special and not a Floyd Rose 1000 is pretty insulting, as there are endless examples of guitars with the superior 1000 series Floyd for significantly less money. Since many of those guitars are even made in the same factory as the Dean From Hell, it's obvious that you're paying a lot for the name instead of quality.

Suffice to say, you have better options.

What is your budget? Are you willing to go used? What are the specs you're looking for?

T00DEEPBLUEI want a guitar with good crunch for that dimebag sound.
I have a budget just about 500$ and I want a good Floyd Rose.
I have never played a dean guitar but I really liked there shapes..lol.
Which guitar do you suggest???
Watch this video on its demonstration...

Dean Razorback Biomech Guitar Product Spotlight |…:
Last edited by DIMEBAG5462 at Aug 7, 2017,
You're going to need to be a bit more specific than that I'm afraid. All you've really specified is that you want a $500 guitar with a Floyd rose. There are an endless number of options with those specs out there as the guitar you're defined as wanting is so vague.

What are your preferences in terms of body style, neck profile, fretwire size, number of frets, neck joint style, pickup configuration etc. 

The guitar's tone is far more a function of the amp than the guitar itself.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
T00DEEPBLUE
I already have a Ibanez SA260FM so I am pretty used to the guitar style
Pickup Configuration - H-H OR H-S-H
Body Style - Solid Body
Fret Wire - Jumbo size.. I have never played on any else size
Neck Joint - Bolt on
Neck profile -C shaped
Floyd Rose - Preferably Original
Fretboard -Rosewood
Frets-24.

Any suggestions????
Unless you buy used you aren't likely to find a guitar with a original Floyd. Look at Jackson or LTD guitars. Skip Dean
Quote by DIMEBAG5462
monwobobboHow about Jackson Randy Rhoads JS32????

Nope.

What can you get in your local area used for that budget?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
With $500 you can do better than a Jackson JS. I have no experience with the Dean but all this talk that they are not good guitars is simply not believable, at least when it comes to the Korean models made by World Musical Instruments. In any case, the best bang for your buck would be a $500 Agile, those come with a good Floyd Rose, unfortunately they don't have many cool shapes. Right now they have a Reaper, which is their version of a Rhoads for $599, if you can get that one you'd be set.
Quote by DIMEBAG5462
I am running a ROLAND CUBE 20W

Not the best amp for Dime tones. You need to look at used guitars maybe at Guitar Center online. You also need a better amp for sure.

No all Deans don't suck but the cheaper Dime stuff just sucks. The high end Korean made guitars from other series can be good
Can't buy amp right now....I'm looking for a good guitar.....I saw the Agile guitar... Not available in my country.......
Quote by ExDementia
dthmtl3 Are Agile guitars decent? I remember seeing them a long time ago but never took them seriously. Now that I'm looking, they have some good looking guitars for cheap. Too good to be true?

They are the real deal. They just don't have stores, marketing, or expensive "executives" to keep, so they can sell for a reasonable price. The factory that makes their guitars also makes guitars for LTD, Schecter, PRS, Dean, Chapman and other brands.
Avoid Dean guitars. As others have mentioned, you're paying for the Dimebag name and nothing else. Considering the lack of quality of those instruments, they're way too expensive. The other artist signature series instruments Dean offers are just as bad in my experience. 

With $500, I'd highly suggest getting a better amp as the amp is the leading contributor in tone. However, if you're dead set on purchasing a new guitar, look for a used Jackson Pro Series instrument. The older "Made in Japan" models usually come with good Floyd Roses, Seymour Duncan pickups (although many have Duncan Designed pickups), and excellent build quality. Best of all, they're generally under $500. I used to have a Jackson DK2 and it was great for pretty much all styles of metal, so finding a "Dimebag tone" won't be an issue. The only reason I sold it was because I'm too lazy to set up Floyd Roses. I should have just blocked the Floyd and kept the guitar. Oh well! 
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson RR3T Limited Edition with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (MIJ)
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Jackson PDXT with Seymour Duncan Black Winters
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
DIMEBAG5462 Anything in the JS series from Jackson is not worth your trouble unless you know how to set up guitars and you have no other options financially. The JS series is the bottom rung of Jackson's offerings. I have an unsettling obsession with Jacksons and I don't care for the JS series. 
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
dthmtl3
Sadly Agile guitars aren't available in my country.
My guitar teacher told me that the 270 is the worst Ibanez ever made.
Floyd Rose on the 250 and 270 are of weak metal...don't work very well...
Quote by BlackDeath92
Avoid Dean guitars. As others have mentioned, you're paying for the Dimebag name and nothing else. Considering the lack of quality of those instruments, they're way too expensive. The other artist signature series instruments Dean offers are just as bad in my experience. 

With $500, I'd highly suggest getting a better amp as the amp is the leading contributor in tone. However, if you're dead set on purchasing a new guitar, look for a used Jackson Pro Series instrument. The older "Made in Japan" models usually come with good Floyd Roses, Seymour Duncan pickups (although many have Duncan Designed pickups), and excellent build quality. Best of all, they're generally under $500. I used to have a Jackson DK2 and it was great for pretty much all styles of metal, so finding a "Dimebag tone" won't be an issue. The only reason I sold it was because I'm too lazy to set up Floyd Roses. I should have just blocked the Floyd and kept the guitar. Oh well! 

I just looked up the pro series.
Look quite good actually but none of them having a Floyd come below 1000$.
DIMEBAG5462 
I should have made myself clearer. Look for the pro series models that were Made in Japan, sometimes referred to as "MIJ". The Jackson Pro series is no longer manufactured in Japan, but they were for the longest time and are held in high regard for being quality, affordable instruments. On the used market, you should easily be able to find on Reverb or eBay any of the Pro series models for under $1000. Hell, you should be able to find them under $600 (at least here in the US, I'm not sure which country you are from). Look for the DK2, RR3, KE3, or SL3 models. 

The current manufacture of the Pro series is made in Indonesia and will definitely be out of your price range. That, and the quality control has been spotty lately. It's really unfortunate considering how well made the old Japanese built instruments were. 
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
Quote by BlackDeath92
DIMEBAG5462 
I should have made myself clearer. Look for the pro series models that were Made in Japan, sometimes referred to as "MIJ". The Jackson Pro series is no longer manufactured in Japan, but they were for the longest time and are held in high regard for being quality, affordable instruments. On the used market, you should easily be able to find on Reverb or eBay any of the Pro series models for under $1000. Hell, you should be able to find them under $600 (at least here in the US, I'm not sure which country you are from). Look for the DK2, RR3, KE3, or SL3 models. 

The current manufacture of the Pro series is made in Indonesia and will definitely be out of your price range. That, and the quality control has been spotty lately. It's really unfortunate considering how well made the old Japanese built instruments were. 
Can't find them in my country bro....
Man I have limited options... Aaaargh
If you want the Dean and it's the best option for you, go for it. Parts for the Floyd Rose can be easily replaced if something happens in the future, or you could also just upgrade the entire Floyd Rose from the Special to a 1000 Series.
Also when you buy the guitar don't expect to suddenly get the perfect dimebag tone, keep in mind an amp upgrade is something you'll need if that's what you're after
razorbacks on that series (and likely most) are flat out shit.

if you are desperate for a dime guitar get a washburn dime 333. 
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Guys please tell me guitars that I can buy...Lol...
Dime 333 is around 1500$ on Reverb
Quote by trashedlostfdup
razorbacks on that series (and likely most) are flat out shit.

if you are desperate for a dime guitar get a washburn dime 333. 
Guys please tell me guitars that I can buy....Lol
Dime 333 is around 1500$ on Reverb
i had a 333 and loved it. sold it last year. i still have another washburn dime with a weird graphic, and its a very nice guitar. better than the deans. but is hardtail. the 332's weren't bad if you can find one of those in your budget. mine is a G36-16 or something weird like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I see a couple of BC Rich NJ Warlock on Reverb in your budget range. Those have a 1000 Series Floyd. Check if some of those will ship to your country.
I scored my used but minty Dean Dimebag Razorback Explosion with OHSC a few years ago for ~$400 ($1000 new) from eBay and it's been bullet-proof.  

I see several on eBay right now for less than $500 and definitely better than the Bio Mech you're interested in.
Quote by Ippon
I scored my used but minty Dean Dimebag Razorback Explosion with OHSC a few years ago for ~$400 ($1000 new) from eBay and it's been bullet-proof.  

I see several on eBay right now for less than $500 and definitely better than the Bio Mech you're interested in.

Yeah I saw some earlier.... But shipping charges are too much... 200$...Lol
I wish ISIS could smuggle it with their bombs...
As others have already said, an amp is going to do far more for your tone than a guitar. Your amp is pretty rubbish for that over the top Dimebag sound you want. A tube amp is going to 10 times more than a new piece of wood ever will. I fear you'll be severely disappointed if you buy a new guitar only to realize your tone is still bad.
Last edited by vayne92 at Aug 9, 2017,
Quote by Ippon

Is it good for playing solos.... Like is the fretboard fast????
And the Floyd Rose.... Does it stay in tune after heavy use????
vayne92
I hear ya bro...but I have the Roland for practice.....
Jam rooms near me have very good amps...so if I wanna record something I usually go there
vayne92
I want a new guitar because I want to play solos accurately and Floyd Rose for those divebombs...
My current guitar sucks at both....pickups are very noisy on lower Ibanez and doesn't have a Floyd
And if you give a high bend once or twice
..you have to tune it again
Page 1 of 2