Poll: Which of these sets should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of these sets should I get?
Lundgren The One/Heaven 57
0 0%
Dimarzio Dominion Set
0 0%
Seymour Duncan Black Winter Set
3 100%
Bareknuckle Pickups Aftermath Set
0 0%
Lace Dragonaut Set
0 0%
Voters: 3.
Looking for pickups to go into a mahogany body explorer.  Guitar has a 25.5" scale length, fixed hipshot bridge, and will be tuned to Drop C.  Most of the stuff I play ranges from The Sword, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. I play through 3 amps mainly: Big Crunch One Knob, Peavey 6534+, and Friedman Butterslax.
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
1970s ASPEN Les Paul clone
Epiphone Annihilation V
Epiphone Robb Flynn Baritone V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
Anyone?
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
Epiphone Annihilation V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
Pickups are chosen to suit your playing style not your guitar or it's tuning as much.

I would recommend a beginner to get a selection and play chourd strumming with a soft one and lead with a medium. One's with a gripping bit on them are good to start with anyway.

Most more experienced players, especially playing lead, use thicker hard ones.

Dunlop ones are just fine and not expensive - which is good because picks disappear like ghosts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Dunlop-Nylon-Standard-Guitar-Picks-4-Of-Each-Type-In-A-Handy-Pick-Tin-/271518619401?epid=1528633991&hash=item3f37c55709:g:gjQAAOxyCQ5Tlstd
PSimonR, thank you for your input. The question however is regarding pickups, not picks
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
Epiphone Annihilation V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
I voted for the Black Winters, I have a set I put in a 7-string and I love them for Mastodon kinds of tones. They have a real gnarly, grinding midrange that may not be to your taste, but they're also more versatile than you'd maybe think, they clean up surprisingly well with the volume rolled back. (And not just "clean up well for a high-output metal-oriented humbucker" but "clean up well, full stop.") They have a lively, organic quality to them; I replaced a set of D Activators and it's a night and day change.