I'm looking at purchasing an electric guitar with single coil pickups. I have a Gibson SG Standard and really enjoy its neck profile and longer neck feeling. I want something similar playing with ease of accesss. Should I be looking for a Strat, a Tele, or maybe something else?
What's your price range?
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Guitar: Ibanez S370
Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
tristanmurphy133 Ok one more question, style of music?
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
tristanmurphy133 I would go play a few telecasters at a local shop. They might be for you or a Fender Jazzmaster. If you like the telecaster look to try playing a telecaster deluxe. It would be a close feel to your Gibson. 

Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Last edited by Phantumgrey at Aug 7, 2017,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by tristanmurphy133
I'm looking at purchasing an electric guitar with single coil pickups. I have a Gibson SG Standard and really enjoy its neck profile and longer neck feeling. I want something similar playing with ease of accesss. Should I be looking for a Strat, a Tele, or maybe something else?

I don't think a strat or a tele will give you quite the same access. The "longer neck feeling" (the SG actually has a fairly short scale) is due to the neck's placement on the body relative to the "waist" curves and to the strap buttons. You're not going to find that on a lot of guitars because it tends to make the guitar neck heavy. But you can get a longer scale (like that on a strat or tele) that will help with the neck "feel."

My solution to this same kind of search (I had mostly LP-ish guitars) was to go to a neck-through superstrat with 24 frets clear of the body, in particular several of those from Carvin (now Kiesel) like the DC-135 (three single coils). The neck/body join is carved away and extremely smooth.

At the time, I avoided standard teles and strats because they had clunky neck heels and only fair access to the 22nd fret. I didn't care for "vintage" fretboard radius nor did I want small frets. Most of the guitars that I picked up from that period have great upper fret access, superb balance, medium jumbo (or larger) frets and fretboard radius' ranging from 12 - 16". Some have stainless frets (a definite plus), most have ebony fretboards (much preferred over rosewood, etc.), all have neck-through construction and premium woods.