My hands synchronisation is going downhill very badly. I am still learning but now I can't play stuff that I could play a year ago. I can't play fast anymore.

Even though I started practicing various runs with a metronome at slow tempos, I've seen no improvements for a month or so. It's still becoming worse and worse. Any advices?
Well music does tend to become more difficult when you try to play it correctly and consistently. 

Also, once you can get something at slow tempos/rhythms, you can start speeding it up. And don't forget to spend time working on real music. You can only get good at the stuff you actually practice.
Your hand sync isn't getting worse, it has always been bad but you're gaining enough experience to notice it.

And you just need to develop muscle memory. Play so slowly that you can play in sync guaranteed, relax, and start working from there. Building muscle memory takes time, months or years even, but there's nothing you can do except practice. There isn't really any great exercise to help sync your hands up except just playing the instrument and making sure you're playing cleanly at slow speeds.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Did your synchronization decrease before or after you started to practice with a metronome? Maybe you just now begin to find flaws in your playing? How much did you play before vs now? Do you have the same issues on the songs you played without problems last year?
Good point about being good enough to notice. This may be the case, or maybe I'm now trying to be too precise and it ruins the flow.

Basically the issue is: with faster scale runs the notes don't "flow", the aren't "connected", instead it sounds like a staccato, but uneven.

When I try to play the same run but gently palm muted, the effect is not as noticeable. Maybe that gives a clue to what's happening.

Also, live, or on a cool rehearsal when I really get the right mood, get the feel and start improvising, it sounds right, but usually even after a warmup it's bad.

Basically the issue is: with faster scale runs the notes don't "flow", the aren't "connected", instead it sounds like a staccato, but uneven.

When I try to play the same run but gently palm muted, the effect is not as noticeable. Maybe that gives a clue to what's happening.

Also, live, or on a cool rehearsal when I really get the right mood, get the feel and start improvising, it sounds right, but usually even after a warmup it's bad.

Sounds like a tense pickinghand issues tbh. Are you makingsure you are applying enough space for the notes between down/upstrokes as well as the same tension? Check this out the next time you practice. 

Try to play a small part maybe 2 bars of a line you already know using just the right hand, just mute the strings with your left hand. See if its moving fluently there.
The picking hand seems OK to me. I think the issue is more in the left hand rushing or staying behind
Hi, new of the forum, i just posted a long tutorial about it, most of the exercises comes from my classical and flamenco studies applied at alternate picking and they work very great, is not only about playing it slow, playing it slow won't pay in the long run, you have to alternate tension to relax, that's how i have studied in school years ago. I fall down with my motorbike and had to rebuild my right hand technique from zero... used those flamenco and classical studies and in 2 months i was playing almost as before. Give it a try and let me know.. Fede
cdgraves  The thing is, I can play rhythm with a metronome and it's fine. The right hand is on time, left hand isn't. It's a matter of synchronising the left hand to the right hand, not vice versa