I'm looking to purchase the best possible practice amp for metal that I can buy with my budget. I've looked into most of the begginer practice amps, but can't seem to feel strongly about any one in particular. I was thinking about getting a blackstar id core 20, but saw lots of people saying that it has a loud buzzing problem. I have an Epiphone Les Paul 100, if that helps with providing me with useful information. I've tried a marshall mg15cfx and peavey vip 1, but wasn't fond of either. All suggestions will be appreciated!  
Solo practice or band practice/jamming?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
At you budget at least new the Peavey really is your best bet. You can't expect much at that price
id grab an audio interface and use my pc, as i did. save for a decent amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
if not look for a used peavey vypyr 30 and youll have half your budget left. also could get a orange micro dark and a cab later, use headphones for awhile. 
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
guitarrnewb99

Well, then you probably don't need an amp, per se.

If you're willing to invest in decent headphones*, there are all kinds of non-amp options- plugging into your computer, using something like a MFX unit, or a portable digital modeler (PDM) like a Line 6 POD, Korg Pandora, Boss Micro BR, and others. My personal preference is a PDM.

PDMs tend to be laden with all kinds of practice-enhancing features. Tuners and simulators for various effects and amps are universal, but most will also include other things like metronomes, drum sims, phrase training, recording capability, or computer interfaces.

Best, they're going to fit in almost any gig bag or hardshell case. That means you can practice anywhere you feel comfortable bringing your guitar.

* not ear buds, bud honest to goodness, on or over the ear headphones. Not Beats, Skullcandy or anything trendy, either- they tend to overemphasize bass frequencies. Look for boring & mainstream: Sony, Aiwa, Bose, Sennheiser, etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I would look for a practice tool. @dannyalcatraz t
mentions the korg stuff regularly. I had a px4 (iirc) and it was cool. just a thought
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/