Hi..hoping someone might know what model Epiphone V I have. I got it in spring/summer 1994 and can't find any numbers on it..I took some pics and u/l'd them to my photobucket here:

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/CyRanger/library/

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. From what I've found it seems the "Demon V" was manufactured from 2001-2002 so it can't be that I guess..I have read somewhere that there is a likeness between this model and an earlier style (would seem to me that this would fit the bill for what I have) but the post I read didn't list a model number...thanks a bunch in advance!
It's a pretty rare one. That's a 1985 Epiphone Flying V in a Rhoads style and they didn't make it for long cause Jackson gave them they old C&D afterwards. I've seen them in red and black. Should be stock open Epiphone HBs and IIRC the bridge is actually Kahler made.

It's not a Demon V for sure. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 9, 2017,
H4T3BR33D3R any idea what the model number would be? I wonder what it could be worth now..like I said I've had it since 1994 and I got it from one of those storage facilities was left behind in a bin for garbage...I had to rescue it...I have an actual Gibson flying v 1985 Nashville cardinal red..nice guitar...
It was just called a Flying V and in circles people call it the '85 V to distinguish it from the others. 

I mean, realistically its probably not worth much unless you find somebody that really, really wants one. It's rare but its not really a super sought after guitar for most players. 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R I've been tearing through google just trying to find even a picture of another one and the closest I'm getting is a demon v...the 58 korina is mostly all I get pics of...was hoping there is a model number so I could narrow my search...I wonder how many of these were made..must not have been many for it to be so rare...I'd like to change the bridge and pickups and make it nicer but I don't want to screw with the history or value..the case is even really cool.
Quote by CyRanger
H4T3BR33D3R I've been tearing through google just trying to find even a picture of another one and the closest I'm getting is a demon v...the 58 korina is mostly all I get pics of...was hoping there is a model number so I could narrow my search...I wonder how many of these were made..must not have been many for it to be so rare...I'd like to change the bridge and pickups and make it nicer but I don't want to screw with the history or value..the case is even really cool.

There was about 1000 made (give or take) and IIRC it was only made for a single year. Just search 1985 epiphone flying V and you'll find a decent amount of info. The Epiphone Wiki is down sadly as they had some info but yeah. You can probably even search Epiphone Rhoads V and find info that way. 

On the value of it: I mean, if you're keeping the old bridge and pickups and you aren't modifying the body in any way, it's not going to affect your resale value much. You aren't talking a minty 56 Stratocaster or an unmolested '59 LP after all. Just keep all the parts if you do swap them.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R I really do appreciate your help..I tried to get somewhere through Gibson forums and it's a mess over there..I'm really digging this UG forum..hasn't been a day gone by and here you are to help! This is just greatness...I would definitely keep the original parts for sure..the body is totally set up for pretty much anything anyone could ever want to do to it without routing or tearing it up...I'm thinking about throwing a Floyd rose on it and adding some EMGs or a Sustaniac kit..not sure yet...thank you so much for the help...I'm going to start searching for other pics the way you advised and see what I can come up with ๐Ÿ˜
No problem man and good luck hunting!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Ippon I just saw some other pics and the reference to it being called a Jupiter V...these things really do seem to be pretty rare..I'm seeing all kinds of price references but it's all over the map..it's a pretty decent guitar...
Ippon I think I might have just been looking at that listing..it said "unsold" and "resisted" and I think they took it down and twisted it for $650..mine isn't really banged up and has the case...
Quote by Ippon
It's also called 1985 Epiphone Jupiter Flying V.  I sold mine last year, Red, minty with case for $700.  Yes, to a RR fan.

You also have to keep in mind what's available to people now though. So it might be worth a bit extra to collectors but for people that want an RR its A) Not a Jackson B) Not in a spec or color Randy used so you'd probably not be getting a lot of RR guys. I see more Epiphone buffs and fans buying them.

For 550 I could get a used RRXMG if I want that look. 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Just noticed all of my hardware is chrome and the "Epiphone" inlay on my headstock is in a pearl like the fretboard inlays where all of the pics I'm finding is black hardware and gold colored logo...curious
Quote by Ippon
True, but for RR fans, they want iterations from various manufacturers.  It's amazing how much I got for some Edwards artist models that I got from Japan. Logic fails when it's a big want.  

Speaking as an RR fan. That epiphone is a pass.

Also an Edwards is actually accurate. Hence why I have mine
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Aug 9, 2017,
Quote by CyRanger

here is anotherone
http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/113335-any-info-for-a-1985-randy-rhoads-flying-v/
Thats unfortunate. Guessing it wasnt worth hosting anymore?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thats unfortunate. Guessing it wasnt worth hosting anymore?

none of 'us' do have the time to maintain it furthermore,
we lost interest to keep it up to date
and the place where it was hosted (for free) wasn't reliable much
paruwi I didn't change it...and by the look of it I highly doubt anyone did before I got it..there is certainly no "upgrade" going on there...if you look at the pics I posted there is something very curious...look at the bridge...it's screwed down..no tremolo...there is a hole that looks like a tremolo bar would fit and in the back there are two springs but no "whammy" on this...no signs of switching anything out with the machine heads either...look at the pots, the switch, and caps...really weird...again I've had it since 94 and basically kept it from the trash...I really appreciate all of the help on this one...you guys are great