So it was decided by me that the old Single Rectifier was completely under equipped to do what I do, which is more than high-gain metal. So a quick trade in later, I now own a Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister Deluxe 20.

This thing sounds amazing. Why more people don't play Hughes and Kettner I have never understood.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Yeah might want to post some kind of review. The demo I saw with Devin Townsend was awesome, haven't seen one in the wild though.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
H&K has a very specific sound that you either like, or don't, in my opinion. Quality stuff for sure, but I don't gel with them. A friend of mine absolutely loves his, though.
Hey I vaguely remember that username! 

Gratz on the HK. How are you liking it?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well, the amp is taking some getting used to, where the Single Rectifier was so simple... but I'm getting there. The hardest part is determining how to set my effects loop up again as the Mesa had a parallel loop, and this is in series.

Tonally, it's different from any other amp I've owned. It's easily the most unique tone I've ever heard (I find the 5150/Rectifiers sound almost the same), so it's a challenge there as well. In terms of use, it's an amp. Crank the mids, roll the bass back a bit, profit. 

I've started to finally adapt my patches in my GT10 to this unit, but it's going to take a large number of hours to play around with it. I got the basic Preamp/Poweramp tone now:

https://soundcloud.com/blockroom-recordings/tone-test-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing/s-QOF56

This is no effects other than a reverb after the recording. Mics are 57 on cone, STC-2 on edge. Only EQ used is matching 80Hz roll offs on both mics. I think I need to reposition the cabinet as well as the iso booth is making it sound boxy. It sound a lot punchier in person, so there's something going on with the micing array and room.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Yeah I'd play around with the mics and positioning a bit so you can get rid of the shrillness and boxiness.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Congrats on the new amp! I think H&K make absolutely great stuff, and once I went with them I really don't touch my other amps.

The Meister series are capable of some great tones, with very little effort. As mentioned above, their sound doesn't work for everyone. If it does for you...awesome! I have a TM18, had a TM36 (got stolen), have a GM36, and just got a GM40. I've gigged the shit out of them for years. They're reliable, and always impress.

Enjoy your amp, and make that thing scream!