Page 1 of 38

Welcome to the 2017 edition of UG's dedicated NFL thread! Everything from games, trades, drafts, news, whatever it may be, as long as it's related to the NFL, it has a place here! Hell, we're open to non-NFL football, too. Canadian football? Arena football? College? Whatever it is, if it's football, we're happy to talk about it here!

Last year's thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1698804

Below is a list of everyone's fan affiliations. Italics are used for those who have a second-favorite team that they might root for in addition to their actual team, and asterisks represent Superbowl titles per team:

NFL

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens** - necrosis1193, somedude787
Cincinnati Bengals - darkcheef
Cleveland Browns - aerorocker, lion_slicer
Pittsburgh Steelers****** - jackal58, shotgunmerc

AFC East
Buffalo Bills - lbc_sublime, minterman22
Miami Dolphins** - iro-bot31, dreadnought
New England Patriots***** - death_switch, big-T, alljudaspriest
New York Jets* - cadj

AFC South
Houston Texans - pan-tallica
Indianapolis Colts* - zgr0826
Jacksonville Jaguars - primusfan
Tennessee Titans - N/A

AFC West
Denver Broncos*** - paroxsym, bradulator, pan-tallica
Kansas City Chiefs* - death_switch
Los Angeles Chargers - N/A
Oakland Raiders*** - xTURTLENECKx

NFC North
Chicago Bears* - lbc_sublime 
Detroit Lions - rockford_rocks, gibson_sg_uzr55
Green Bay Packers**** - justrooster, wastingyears, ehbacon
Minnesota Vikings - jambi_mantra

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys***** - xTURTLENECKx
New York Giants**** - theogonia777, chrismendiola
Philadelphia Eagles - gibson_sg_uzr55, jako15, I.O.T.M., wcphils
Washington Redskins*** - N/A

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons - N/A
Carolina Panthers - theogonia777, drdoom8793
New Orleans Saints* - N/A
Tampa Bay Buccaneers* - lolmnt, fat lard

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals - N/A
LA Rams - N/A
San Francisco 49ers***** - bdof, kensai, lolmnt
Seattle Seahawks* - daytripper75, tsmitty6, tanglewoodguit, sgstriker

CFL

East
Hamilton Tiger-Cats********
Montreal Alouettes*******
Ottawa Redblacks* - theogonia777, minterman22
Toronto Argonauts****************

West
BC Lions******
Calgary Stampeders*******
Edmonton Eskimos**************
Saskatchewan Roughriders****
Winnipeg Blue Bombers**********

HALL OF FAME
(NOTE: The Hall of Fame also accepts guarantees for a given season. If there's something you're certain of in 2017, put your money where your mouth is and we'll put your guarantee into the OP! Just be warned that laughably wrong predictions end up in the Hall of Shame)

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Kaep is forever a pussy

Quote by necrosis1193
On a scale of Andy Reid Game Management to Earthquake Saints, how much Handing The Ball Off To Marshawn can I expect?

Quote by primusfan
Quote by SGStriker
I said this last year, but Jags are getting 2nd in the AFC South next year. Eventually, I will be right.

My entire life in two sentences.

Quote by SGStriker
Quote by Dreadnought
Probably no one in here knows less about the NFL than me

But that don't matter cuz Dolphins SB champs 2017

The bottom statement proves the top statement

Quote by necrosis1193
A hearty application of Philly Logic™ Sauce™ , a.k.a. a strange combination of alcohol - anything works - Donovan McNabb's tears, three hand-liquified jalapeños, and whatever the bitterest thing you can find nearby is.

GUARANTEES

Quote by TSmitty6
Du du dun, du du dun, du du dun dun DUNNNNN!

1st page prediction:

Russell wins MVP.

Book it fellas.

Quote by WCPhils
The Eagles either run away with the division and win 11 or so games or they'll be dogshit and win 5. I see no inbetween with this team

Have fun, enjoy your stay, try not to lead with the crown of your helmet, and let the games begin!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 13, 2017,
BILLS MAFIA 666

Get ready to put the asterisk next to the Eagles 😎

Because they're gonna cheat their way to a super bowl
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Look at the poor Jills, only team in the AFC East without a Superb Owl.

Bloody great at losing them though

(on that note, Nec can you make the number of wins. Per team Owl emojis not asterisks?)
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Last edited by big-T at Aug 9, 2017,
Queue's Fox music. Du-du-dun dun dun dun! Du-du-dun dun dun DUN! Du du dun du du DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by big-T
Look at the poor Jills, only team in the AFC East without a Superb Owl.

Bloody great at losing them though

(on that note, Nec can you make the number of wins. Per team Owl emojis not asterisks?)

I thought about doing something with emotes, but I think there's a limit on how many you can put into a post, and that limit is well under the number of Superb Owls there have been. I'll see what I can do though.

Even as a Packers fan I can admit that Brady is GOAT.  Let the shitstorm ensue.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

EhBacon will be coming to revoke your Cheese hat for that comment

Quote by necrosis1193
I thought about doing something with emotes, but I think there's a limit on how many you can put into a post, and that limit is well under the number of Superb Owls there have been. I'll see what I can do though.

That damn Brady guy and those pesky Steelers have won too many for UG to let us have a sweet Op you mean?
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Who will be the Broncos ultimate QB choice this season? Paxton Lynch or Trevor Simien. Take your bets now
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Who will be the Broncos ultimate QB choice this season? Paxton Lynch or Trevor Simien. Take your bets now

I liked Simien quite a lot when he was at Northwestern.  Saw him play in person and followed a his college career a bit when he was splitting snaps with their wildcat guy Kolton.  I hope he does really well.  He was a great guy for NW.
Quote by JustRooster
I liked Simien quite a lot when he was at Northwestern.  Saw him play in person and followed a his college career a bit when he was splitting snaps with their wildcat guy Kolton.  I hope he does really well.  He was a great guy for NW.

I like him too. I completely and utterly agree. HE is the type of person that deserves success in this league. Not to say that Lynch is mean or anything but y'know. I like Trevor
Quote by Overlord
Can we put asterisks next to all the Pats asterisks?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by necrosis1193
Hell, we're open to non-NFL football, too. Canadian football? [...] Whatever it is, if it's football, we're happy to talk about it here!

Blatant lie.

Italics are used for those who have a second-favorite team that they might root for in addition to their actual team

Keyword is might.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by JustRooster
only shitstorm is gonna be with your fellow packer fan
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
only shitstorm is gonna be with your fellow packer fan

Packers fans are just that, Packers fans. They're generally horrible football fans. I love Aaron, but fuck, man. 6 Rings. With 5'10" white receivers who run the 40 in like 4.7 at best. Seriously.
I got to see the Jags practice and do some scrimmiging which was pretty fun. Bucs are gonna stomp them though
Quote by JustRooster
Packers fans are just that, Packers fans. They're generally horrible football fans. I love Aaron, but fuck, man. 6 Rings. With 5'10" white receivers who run the 40 in like 4.7 at best. Seriously.

6 rings? Thanks to the Giants he has 5 so far.

If you Frankensteined Brady's brain into Rodgers body you would have like the perfect QB though.

... Maybe one of those 199 Brady clones Under Armour has is more athletic than the original one
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Steve Young would have won all 7 of Brady's Super Bowl appearances.
Anybody got thoughts on A. Peterson? Who's excited to see him in a Saints uniform? I am excited to see whether he can prove RB age patterns wrong, much like Frank Gore has. Why not AP?
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Queue's Fox music. Du-du-dun dun dun dun! Du-du-dun dun dun DUN! Du du dun du du DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

1st page prediction:

Russell wins MVP.

Book it fellas.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by TSmitty6

I could keep this going literally for pages. But I'll be mature and respectful and not annoy you all :P

DUN DUN DUN!!!
Quote by Overlord
The Eagles either run away with the division and win 11 or so games or they'll be dogshit and win 5. I see no inbetween with this team
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Carnivean
Anybody got thoughts on A. Peterson?

ehbacon does
Quote by TSmitty6
1st page prediction:

Russell wins MVP.

Book it fellas.

I have more confidence in the award going to a defensive player than to Russ.
Quote by TSmitty6

1st page prediction:

Russell wins MVP.

Book it fellas.

Quote by WCPhils

Both will go in the OP once I figure out how to edit it without screwing up the quoted quotes in the HoF
Quote by Carnivean
Anybody got thoughts on A. Peterson? Who's excited to see him in a Saints uniform? I am excited to see whether he can prove RB age patterns wrong, much like Frank Gore has. Why not AP?

There have always been exceptions to the rule of old RBs. One era it's Riggins, one era it's Gore, there's always at least one. I don't see AP being that guy, but that said, with Drew Brees making sure he's facing a seven-man box at absolute most, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a good year this season.

necrosis1193

I got Bree's in my keeper league.

Also my wife only faces a one man box and she's always stuffed............

*giggity*
Quote by ehbacon
hello super bowl victory.

Khalil says hello back. ; )
The color for the Patriots is terrible, can hardly see it. Also, why am I not listed there?
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
please add me and mint for the REDBLACKS
If we're adding CFL nonsense add me for either the Roughriders or Tigercats 'cause i don't know which has the dumber name so more likeable
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
New thread so let's get some New York Jets optimism going on in this thread by checking out how todays training camp is going in this post Quincy Enunwa world we now live in.

Genuinely at the point where I don't know how this offense scores a TD this year.
Quote by big-T
If we're adding CFL nonsense add me for either the Roughriders or Tigercats 'cause i don't know which has the dumber name so more likeable

If it makes a difference, the shortened forms of their names are the Riders and the Ticats.

Quote by ehbacon
More use to the planet as fertilizer. 

satisfied theogonia777 ?

We usually use nfl.com so they likely have a fantasy app by now.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by drdoom8793
Yeah, I need to be added for Carolina please

Quote by AllJudasPriest
  The color for the Patriots is terrible, can hardly see it. Also, why am I not listed there?

Copied the list from the old thread, it only had Big-T and Death Switch. I'll add you and everyone else later tonight. As for the Pats color, it shows up fine on my screen  
Quote by theogonia777
 please add me and mint for the REDBLACKS

If you can give me a concise rundown of CFL conferences, divisions, and color schemes - as well as whether you'd prefer the red or black for the REDBLACKS - I'll add CFL.
Quote by Jako215
What's the League name?

As of right now it isn't up yet. The last year or two Big-T has run it, so I'll defer to him on this one