Does anyone know of any pedals or plugins that allow you to change the tuning of your guitar (or the sound that you hear coming from the speakers) as you play it? I know of the Digitech Drop, but I also want to be able to pitch shift up. I write in Standard C  and dropped A# but I like to play cover songs in dropped D and C and some Standard E songs. Any recommendations for software or hardware? I have heard that the Line 6 Helix can actively shift the pitch of the input, but am not into the tone, or price, of the unit. Thanks for any help.

Also I forgot to add that I run Protools 10 LE
Last edited by ncmetalguitar88 at Aug 10, 2017,
Reaper has a feature called ReaPitch but the latency is really bad. It's designed more for tracks that are already recorded than stuff you're playing real time.

I used to have a Kemper and the pitch shift was outstanding -- no perceivable latency while playing. 

If you google "pitch shift plugin" you'll get quite a few results to explore. 
Quote by ncmetalguitar88
Does anyone know of any pedals or plugins that allow you to change the tuning of your guitar (or the sound that you hear coming from the speakers) as you play it? I know of the Digitech Drop, but I also want to be able to pitch shift up. I write in Standard C  and dropped A# but I like to play cover songs in dropped D and C and some Standard E songs. Any recommendations for software or hardware? I have heard that the Line 6 Helix can actively shift the pitch of the input, but am not into the tone, or price, of the unit. Thanks for any help.

A Variax guitar can change the tuning of your guitar (well, actually, what comes out of the speakers) as you play it. An octave in each direction. Moreover, it will change the tuning of individual strings (whereas pedals and software will usually just change the whole input up or down).
PB26 I have actually been looking for pitch shift plugins but it keeps just bringing up Melodyne and stuff like that. I guess i need to dig more into it.
dspellman
Quote by dspellman
A Variax guitar can change the tuning of your guitar (well, actually, what comes out of the speakers) as you play it. An octave in each direction. Moreover, it will change the tuning of individual strings (whereas pedals and software will usually just change the whole input up or down).

I have heard about those. I am not really wanting to buy a new guitar just for covers though. lol.
Quote by ncmetalguitar88
dspellman

I have heard about those. I am not really wanting to buy a new guitar just for covers though. lol.

You should take a look. Not only can you change tunings, but the guitar is essentially capable of modeling over 25 different guitars. It's the perfect "cover" guitar.
I used a Whammy DT for a long while, a whammy with the drop pedal essentially on the other side (so, whammy+whammy drop=Whammy DT). The pitch was accurate and it didn't glitch since its polyphonic but it did noticeably change the tone when you got to D standard (A whole step down), noticeably stripping some of the gain of a distorted channel, really dull sound too.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I used a Whammy DT for a long while, a whammy with the drop pedal essentially on the other side (so, whammy+whammy drop=Whammy DT). The pitch was accurate and it didn't glitch since its polyphonic but it did noticeably change the tone when you got to D standard (A whole step down), noticeably stripping some of the gain of a distorted channel, really dull sound too.

I might look into that too. I am not too worried about tone changes since I am only going to be using it to play along with songs at my station anyway. I just want to be able to play along with some Metallica or As I Lay Dying without having to tune my guitar every song. lol