Page 1 of 4
Moderator elections on Ultimate Guitar Forum!

Do you want to make some changes we believe in? Do you really love UG and want to make it better? Then this is your chance. It’s time for the the hmoderator elections!

Each (almost) subforum will get a new moderator and you decide who it’s going to be.
The elections have 3 stages.
Nominations
Here are some hints for you on how to make a first step to becoming a moderator.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.
- Candidates must nominate themselves in one subthread only.
- Candidates must nominate themselves within two days starting today (apply till 12.08).

Campaign
You'll have to persuade users, why you're the one who deserves to be a moderator. You're free to promise profound advice and help to inexperienced users, or just things like fun monthly activities and crazy wallpapers. Users can ask you questions about your opinion on controversial subjects etc. The campaign will last for 5 days.

Election day!
Each subforum will get a voting poll.
Winners get a moderator status, glory, respect, love, and help from UG in organizing special events.

Timeline

Aug 10 - Elections announcement
Aug 12 - Deadline for nominations
Aug 18 - Elections 
Aug 21 - Counting votes
Aug 22 - Results

Basic eligibility for running:
- Account must be more than three months old
- Must have more than 180 posts
- Applicants must have a clear record for the last three months (no bans).

YOUR CANDIDATES

Wolfinator-x
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1711198

Joshua Garcia
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761608

i_lovemetallica
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1711186&per_page=40&page=1

kalypto
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761664

zgr0826
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761614&per_page=20

Dirge Humani
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761804

ErikLensherr
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761968
Wait, does this mean we're going to have more elected mods or the current elected mods are going to be demodded?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Whatever you guys dont vote for me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This ain't a democracy anymore. It's an Eriktatorship.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
makinlattes 4 prez
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
hey hey

ho ho

useless mods have got to go

hey hey
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by ErikLensherr
This ain't a democracy anymore. It's an Eriktatorship.

No wonder this place is so shit now
The staff should really know the posters well enough to make a good choice on who to offer a moderator spot to. The community is small, and a vote is on popularity, not viability.

Your post doesn't even include the duties of a moderator. How can I make a good nomination if I don't know what the job entails, and as a result, who I think may be a good fit? For example, if you put: "Lyrics and Poetry mod would exist to delete threads about songwriting techniques or move them to the proper location," I would know to nominate another frequent post of the forum I know could make the designation.

The Pit is already a circle jerk of the same 50 users. Turning it into a beauty pageant is sadly, sadly fitting and I didn't want to have to come to realize that.

I'd nominate Rossenrot, only because I think that he could be impartial when needed; although I'd be surprised if he took it because he'd have to change his game up in the politics thread to be nicer and set a much better example than Erik has.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 10, 2017,
I would like to run on the "Throwing Knives in the Woods" platform.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Self nominations should automatically disqualify a poster.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.

lol learn to read Jake
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by JustRooster
The staff should really know the posters well enough to make a good choice on who to offer a moderator spot to. The community is small, and a vote is on popularity, not viability.

Your post doesn't even include the duties of a moderator. How can I make a good nomination if I don't know what the job entails, and as a result, who I think may be a good fit? For example, if you put: "Lyrics and Poetry mod would exist to delete threads about songwriting techniques or move them to the proper location," I would know to nominate another frequent post of the forum I know could make the designation.

The Pit is already a circle jerk of the same 50 users. Turning it into a beauty pageant is sadly, sadly fitting and I didn't want to have to come to realize that.

I'd nominate Rossenrot, only because I think that he could be impartial when needed; although I'd be surprised if he took it because he'd have to change his game up in the politics thread to be nicer and set a much better example than Erik has.
P sure the whole point of it the first time around was just to have fun with it in a similar manner with mayorship of a thread, with actual modding duties being secondary.
You need to have fun, sir.

That said, I probably won't run again unless people really want me to.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 10, 2017,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
P sure the whole point of it the first time around was just to have fun with it in a similar manner with mayorship of a thread, with actual modding duties being secondary.

Jake hates fun tho tbhtbh
Quote by theogonia777
lol learn to read Jake

I did read that. That doesn't invalidate my opinion. Vanity isn't a trait that looks good for any campaign.

Quote by Joshua Garcia

I have plenty of fun. Check out any of the many threads I participate in. My idea of fun doesn't include a weak popularity contest in which the only outcome is the bestowing of powers that make "joke bannings" and constant references to your username color over and over possible.

Quote by theogonia777
Jake hates fun tho tbhtbh

I don't hate fun. I do hate the childish way in which you always pine for attention on this board. Is that "having fun?"

Can't wait to see how you respond to this and "get me." It's sure to be a masterful and eloquent "takedown of JustRooster!"
I'm running on the platform that I'll slightly edit all of fat lard's posts to make him believe the deep state is coming after him
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by JustRooster
I don't hate fun.

yeah you just hate other people having it
theogonia777

Not bad. I became mildly frustrated, but never truly angered or embarrassed. If you're gonna by to try that style ask Stewie for pointers.

I'll give ya another shot if you want it, though.
JustRooster

Jake, Jake, Jake.

Jake. Jake.

Admit it. I'm one of your favorite users. If I stopped posting to pursue throwing knives in the woods full time you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.
Quote by theogonia777
JustRooster

Jake, Jake, Jake.

Jake. Jake.

Admit it. I'm one of your favorite users. If I stopped posting to pursue throwing knives in the woods full time you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.

Don't confuse yourself with fat lard.
Quote by JustRooster
Don't confuse yourself with fat lard.

I don't know how anyone could.
Quote by JustRooster
II have plenty of fun. Check out any of the many threads I participate in. My idea of fun doesn't include a weak popularity contest in which the only outcome is the bestowing of powers that make "joke bannings" and constant references to your username color over and over possible.
I mean I'm not saying you don't have fun. I'm just saying if you know it's not your thing, then there's no need to be nit picky about the details, you know? Just don't participate and let it be everyone else's problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure the admins give them some ground rules personally anyways.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 10, 2017,
Joshua Garcia

I 100% get what you're saying. However, it's not like I can not participate and then it won't affect me. They'll be moderating my posts, too, won't they? At some level the appropriateness of my posts will be held against the discretion of the outcome of this "fun."

I'm not saying UG mod is any great position of power. It is a spot of responsibility in a community I probably care too much about, and that has effects.

Why not just do the UG mayor again, then? Anyone could just ignore it without being involuntary affected? I think if you're going to give someone banning ability it should be a bit of a different selection process than this.
Jake getting butthurt cause he knows nobody will vote for him again.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by JustRooster

pfft hahahaha

Also elected mods don't even get banning ability.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
vote for me, the jake who likes fun
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by ErikLensherr

Ah, that changes things.
i'd like to nominate myself on the basis that i will take it somewhat seriously 
Quote by ErikLensherr

nevermind
Hey everyone welcome to Elected Moderators. The role where everything's made up and the colored names don't matter.
Last edited by TheChaz at Aug 10, 2017,
Quote by Joshua Garcia

That said, I probably won't run again unless people really want me to.

Having one of the only two threads I care about on the forum closed by some random wanker bc "ha lol memes" is very fun, yes Josh.
If I'm returned to office I'll close the anime thread again for as long as I can get away with it #ImWithLensherr
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by institutions
Having one of the only two threads I care about on the forum closed by some random wanker bc "ha lol memes" is very fun, yes Josh.
I never said the winner makes things fun. :0
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by sashki
What privileges do elected mods even have?

They have the chance to make changes they believe in and love UG. Did you not read the first post?

For real though what do they do other than shitpost?
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
someone just changed "strings" to "underwear" in thread title and it's hilarious
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Page 1 of 4