Greetings all,

i have been playing electric and acoustic guitars in bands for a decade, and it is clearly a passion of mine. Being a moderator of this sub-forum would mean not only an add-on to my passion for guitar music, but would be a great way for me to get to know more about this hobby and allow others to gain knowledge from me. I'm always here to chat, and I pretty much always have a tab open for UG, so I am always available for support. If you're interested you can check out my band (link in sig).

anyways, now lets get down to the meat and potatoes:

I will keep whatever sub-forum you need me in organized and clean
I'll moderate each thread with precision, making sure posts are not being particularly hostile, racist, or the like toward other posters.
I will remain calm, cool, and collected and neutral in threads, and keep the discussion on track.
lastly, I will try to keep things fresh and lively for posters, along with keeping new-comers to the forum aware of rules and do-not's.
I'm here to help you share your ideas about the future of this community. I won't contribute too many of my own ideas, but I will make some suggestions to keep the discussion moving. If anything
does gets in the way of the discussion, please let me know. This is your discussion and I want to help you make it work

make
UG
great
again
vote for k.lainad

thank you for your support !
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Hmmm an interesting position for the encumbent.

Any challengers?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by k.lainad
Greetings all,

i have been playing electric and acoustic guitars in bands for a decade, and it is clearly a passion of mine. Being a moderator of this sub-forum would mean not only an add-on to my passion for guitar music, but would be a great way for me to get to know more about this hobby and allow others to gain knowledge from me. I'm always here to chat, and I pretty much always have a tab open for UG, so I am always available for support. If you're interested you can check out my band (link in sig).

anyways, now lets get down to the meat and potatoes:

I will keep whatever sub-forum you need me in organized and clean
I'll moderate each thread with precision, making sure posts are not being particularly hostile, racist, or the like toward other posters.
I will remain calm, cool, and collected and neutral in threads, and keep the discussion on track.
lastly, I will try to keep things fresh and lively for posters, along with keeping new-comers to the forum aware of rules and do-not's.
I'm here to help you share your ideas about the future of this community. I won't contribute too many of my own ideas, but I will make some suggestions to keep the discussion moving. If anything
does gets in the way of the discussion, please let me know. This is your discussion and I want to help you make it work

make
UG
great
again
vote for k.lainad

thank you for your support !
While we're on the topic of keeping "everything moving along smoothly, I'm curious to understand why this member wasn't at least given a temp ban for leveling this blast of shit at me.

"Is there a point to your sad little post then? Do you tell deaf people you have no trouble hearing?

Here's you: "Herp derp duurrr I has no troublez with teh bar kords hurr duur. Look at meh. Derp."

You probably play electric where it doesn't count. You probably can't read standard notation. And you either have a straight index finger or your barre chords actually suck and you think they don't. Play an Fm7 and let all 6 strings ring out. Don't cheat by pressing your middle finger onto your index. (Fm7 is 131111). I bet your Fm sounds more like 13xxx1. Hah!

In short, you suck and your snide little remark sucks, just like you. You're just some dumb ant. Go away. Keep strumming your cowboy chords in G.

Also, why would I worry about advice from an idiot?"

This jackass: megamanx_90, came into the forum on a prancing Lippezzaner, spouting how "I've got perfect pitch, I'm an engineer, I can read standard notation, but most importantly how, "he didn't want any advice from, "so called experts" about barre chords. I think his thread was supposed to morph into a sticky in his deluded mind.

So was,"what you need is a new amp", the best remediation you could come up with?

I'm pretty sure I would have gotten 30 days for that, and as it was a first thread post, probably a lifetime ban.

Help me out here, I'm new to this political stuff...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 12, 2017,
Dreadnought You know, I've (briefly) considered running for moderator, but I'm not sure, "Captaincranky", is the vibe of choice for a position of responsibility.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 12, 2017,