The specs on it seem great. and it's not too expensive. Anyone ever play one?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean/Thoroughbred-Deluxe-Flame-Top-Electric-Guitar.gc

The Dean Thoroughbred Deluxe Flame Top Electric  Guitar boosts an impressive pedigree of tonewoods and individual  components. Its contoured mahogany body has a flame maple top that is  well known for producing thick and powerful sound with lots of clarity.  The set "C" neck is made of mahogany as well, which helps improve the  overall sustain while providing stability. The rosewood fingerboard and  24-3/4" scale length are perfect for bending notes and playing fast  lines.

Two USA DMT pickups are onboard. The USA DMT "Equalizer"  Bridge Pickup has a strong output with singing harmonics. Even with its  high output it still retains good high end making it a very versatile  pickup that works well in many styles of music. The USA DMT "Nostalgia"  Neck Pickup is a vintage style humbucking pickup great for classic rock  and blues. The moderate output of the NOSTALGIA makes it a favorite for  guitarists seeking classic tones with balanced tonal response.

The  Dean Thoroughbred Deluxe comes equipped with chrome hardware including  Grover tuners and a tune-o-matic bridge. Pearl block inlays and multiple  body and heastock binding complete the list of full-blooded features.

Case sold separately.

[h]Features[/h]

Sure. What are you asking though? What do you want to know? 
    Quote by zgr0826
    My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
    I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
    H4T3BR33D3R How does the neck feel? How does it sound? Would it be a better choice over an Epiphone in the same price range? Looking to play classic rock, and playing instrumental type rock like Joe Satriani on it

Specifically i'm asking about the Thoroughbred Deluxe version
    Quote by jedigovnaUG
    H4T3BR33D3R How does the neck feel? How does it sound? Would it be a better choice over an Epiphone in the same price range? Looking to play classic rock, and playing instrumental type rock like Joe Satriani on it

Specifically i'm asking about the Thoroughbred Deluxe version

The necks are a bit slimmer compared to, lets say an Epiphone '56 GT or even a Tribute. The pickups are okay but I'm not really a fan of most of the DMT pickups. Even the Lights Out I had in my MSV wasn't anything too crazy. The bridge in the TB I played kind of reminded me of a JB but not quite as bright. Fret access is a bit better on the Dean due to the Axcess style smoothed heel.

Personally if you want an LP shape I'd rather a used Epiphone Tribute. You could probably find one for cheaper than the Dean new, you get USA hardware and '57 classics and personally they vibe with me better for a LP style guitar. The Dean is decent though but I'd suggest trying one first. 
    Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
    I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
    H4T3BR33D3R There's a like new one for $200 so i'm thinking about it. I have a feeling I wont like the pickups in it either. But the guitar overall is pretty  cheap that i'd be ok with replacing them. I like that it has better access to the higher frets that's a big plus for me, playing on my Epiphone is really uncomfortable reaching that high up.
    What about Epiphones that offer the cutaway like that though? 

Personally I tend to steer clear of Deans unless they're older USA models.
    Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
    I'm a happy Dean owner. I don't have a problem with the non-USA made ones, but I don't trust their cheaper products- nothing under $500 new.

Too many other similarly priced guitars on the market are better made.
    Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
    This one is Korean made by World Musical Instruments, so it's not some cheap Chinese thing.
    I still don't think it's worth it for the cash. It's not like I hate Deans either. I've owned MIK and MIC Deans before.
    Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
    Quote by jedigovnaUG
    H4T3BR33D3R

Not even for $200 ?

For 200 sure. You won't find much better in the price range. If we're talking new prices? Hell no. 

For 200 bucks I'd consider a lot more guitars than I do now
    Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
    Quote by jedigovnaUG
    H4T3BR33D3R There's a like new one for $200 so i'm thinking about it. I have a feeling I wont like the pickups in it either. But the guitar overall is pretty  cheap that i'd be ok with replacing them. I like that it has better access to the higher frets that's a big plus for me, playing on my Epiphone is really uncomfortable reaching that high up.

The clunky neck heel on an LP has always been a bugaboo for me. There are a LOT of guitars now, though, that have fixed that, so it's not quite as killer a selling point as it might have been once. For example, I have a couple of Agile AL2000 Floyds that are oddities, even among Agiles. They have a "tilted" neck/body attachment that works almost as well as the Gibson Axcess. Moreover, they've extended the neck, added two frets and put the 24th fret about where the 22nd fret would have been on a standard LP. That provides amazing access to the upper frets. The bridge and bridge pickup have moved up the body toward the neck to keep the scale, but it's really not noticeable when you're playing (or else I've just gotten used to it very quickly). And this is on a $300 guitar.