Hey friends,

Ultimate guitar has been a part of my daily items for a decade. The account was made in 2005, but I began posting regularly in the middle of 2007. As a result I've made a bunch of forum buddies here and even met a handful in person. I appreciated all the times Colin (Roc) would walk into the small-time music shop I used to work for and we'd shoot the breeze and talk shit about all of you. Pretty much all the EG regulars here have a huge library of helpful posts and fun posts in the general threads, as well as helped the site directly by submitting tabs and reviews. You're a good lot and I'm happy we have this medium to hang out. Not to get all sentimental, but you've all wasted just as much time here as I have. To some extent, the community matters to you.

I'm close friends with an old admin, and was approached a couple times about interest in being a mod. I declined both times because I have owned and run a couple of my own sites. One ran for nearly a decade and was somewhat intensive during it's period and I didn't want the extra responsibility. Well, those sites are gone, and now I'm dormant and married (working on the getting fat part). Figured I'd give back a bit.

Here's what I'd like to do:
1. Update the Stickies
The Setup and FR Setup threads are great! My only issue is that the best information is often buried a few pages in. I'd compile them into an updated OP to help folks out. I did work for years as a guitar tech, I would feel comfortable that the information I submit would pass the EG seal of approval.

2. More Official Revamps
I've got a few "official" threads around here. Here are examples.
The Offset Superthread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26
The New Telecaster Alliance!: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705130
The G&L Thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1546485

I would like to modify those threads, in addition to revamping the following:
  • The Ultimate Les Paul Thread - V2
  • Explorers, Firebirds, and Flying V General - A History
  • The Stratocaster Emporium
  • The Super Strat Super Thread
  • SG Players United!

3. Repackage Welcome Stickies
Jumping into the world of an old forum with tenured posters can be a bit hard on new posters. Especially since most of us regulars are closer to the 30 mark than 20, and a good chunk are looking back wondering where 40 went. A big amount of our threads are made by teenagers these days. I'd repackage some of the stickies together include some rules, the who to listen to list, but most of all be a Welcome/Meet&Greet thread so posters could toss a couple replies in there to get comfortable with the fact that we don't bite. It'd work very similar to the GG&A general where most of the old crusties have migrated to anyway.

So here's the thing:
I've been planning to do all this anyway. I've purchased a decent amount of history on guitar products to become well versed enough that I could fulfill the hope that the information I post in the threads here combine facts, anecdotes, parts from the community, and other factors to be better than any wikipedia page could be for newcomers. Moderator appeals to me for the ability to close, hide, and work on threads as needed. Otherwise I'd be doing a lot of formatting in a word doc that may not work right and have to work with the mods anyway.

Although, Hatebreeder's idea for a wall does sound pretty good...
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 12, 2017,
Old Crustie huh way to get my vote.   oh and who says we don't bite  
Just roosters tho or are chickens allowed?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'll take your word for it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Good pitch
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Good pitch

Thanks, friendo. back at ya.
Im glad you support the wall. I feel like its monumental for the future of EG. Its gonna be yuge
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Thanks for the support! I've been having a good time reading up on a bunch of Offset stuff to add more to that thread.
Thoughts on Rooster sauce?

Note: There is a wrong answer
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by JustRooster
I'm impatient, let's just start voting.  Whataya say, Shura_FYI?

isn't patience and the ability to follow the rules one of the hallmarks of a good mod? 
Quote by monwobobbo
isn't patience and the ability to follow the rules one of the hallmarks of a good mod? 

I see myself as more of a roguish and quirky mod in which the rules can be interpreted in various ways help solve problems.

Basically like Beverly Hills cop.
Quote by JustRooster
I see myself as more of a roguish and quirky mod in which the rules can be interpreted in various ways help solve problems.

Don't be Officer Tenpenny. Nobody liked Officer Tenpenny

Apart from him being voiced by Samuel L Jackson. That guy's pretty great.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by JustRooster

yeah, well good luck with that. while you can bend some rules a bit i think you'll find that quirky and roguish might not play well with the powers that be. i mean most of the fools running in the Pit are basing their whole platforms on things that can't deliver. i found this out the hard way a couple of times. 
monwobobbo

I wouldn't much care to be a Pit mod. I'll quietely fill threads with ridiculous amounts of information about guitars like I do anyway.
> Doesn't want to be a pit mod

> mentioned running in the pit mod thread 

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster