I decided that I wanted a proper 5 string. I've been playing my Squier tele as a 5 string in open G ala Keef style but I don't really like the big gap between the edge of the neck and the bottom string. So, build something yourself I thinks. And here it is.

The neck started out life as a dodgey, but straight $20 Chinese neck. I dressed the frets and cut down the headstock.
The body is made from Paulownia which is an Asian hardwood. Extremely lightweight.
The pickup is a single coil rail from Vintage Vibe
The bridges are Hipshot Solos
Tuners are Grover lockers
Pots are Bourns.
The pickup surround started life as a cheap tele style bridge that I guillotined down. 
The cavity is covered in copper tape for shielding and extends out to the bridges so I can earth the strings.

I tune the thing into open E5. So that's EBEBE. No third. So minor keys are no longer an issue, I'm not playing minors or majors, just fifths. It's a lot of fun.
I intend to use it at tonight's gig so hopefully I'll get a vid recorded and post it tomorrow.

So now, if you count my shovel I own 4, 5, 6 and 7 string guitars.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 12, 2017,
wow are things going so bad for you that you can't afford 6 strings?   looks good enjoy
Can't be going too bad, I think this guitar is No 15
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
OK, let me explain. I play slide in open E mostly. That means a G# string which of course is the major third. So what do I do if I need to play a minor? Deaden the string? Too restricting. So methinks, throw away the 3rd string altogether. So it doesn't matter if it's a minor or a major, I'm just playing fifths.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sweet!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
You seem setermined to play guitar every which way but how the rest of us do, and I commend you for it. Nice axe man, tinker on!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks, guys. 
Last night was a bit of a shambles so I didn't play it or video anything. When I do I'll revisit the thread.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sweet guitar cath!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dspellman
It gives me the EBEBE JEBEES.

Good job!

hahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ExDementia
dspellman You're above that joke. I know it.

Very little is beneath me.