So im planning to buy a new amp head (im thinking about a valve one) + a cab to get a (both distorted & clean) nirvana (bleach) tone any suggestions?

The price range would be about 1000$+ for the amp and the cabinet.
Im in a flat but want to start gigging with some friends of mine so like a (for example) 40w with a switch to 5w would be great.
Last edited by m0n74g3 at Aug 12, 2017,
look into a 70's music man amp. the preamp is hybrid, but it sounds great on mine. I have two of them lying around l. $300 for a good loud fendery cleans.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The twin reverb is cool but its 2000$, maybe cheaper alternatives to emulate the sound? With 1000$+ i meant a little bit more than it not double it :P

Edit: maybe some newer amps that have similiar tone, i dont want to replicate the perfect nirvana tone, i just want to have a versatile amp that has a pretty close tone to nirvana

Edit2: has the ds2 the same basic dist. as the ds1?
Last edited by m0n74g3 at Aug 12, 2017,
Get a used mesa 1x12 combo - express, roadster etc. That will get you a great heavy tone and great cleans. The big draw of those amps as well is that they sound great at any volume level.

A twin with a ds1 is a terrible idea. First off, he was using a 68 twin in studio, but in a studio he would have had that thing cranked insanely loud to get it to naturally breakup to sound good with a ds1. A ds1 through a clean amp literally sounds like shit, and to drive a twin beyond clean into breakup territory requires way too much volume for any venue.
You can buy Fender Twins at places like GC , used for about $800. 70's models, RI's. II's, etc. His live rig varied.

(imo) A basic KC' rig would include... a decent amp, Fender Strat with a hot humbucker in the bridge, DS-1/DS-2 and a EH small clone chorus.
His live rig was marshalls or mesas - which provided 95% of the tone. The ds1 will not provide a nirvana tone through a clean fender amp - it simply isn't going to happen - anyone who has used a ds1 through a fender amp can attest to this ( i m one of those people) - it doesn't get you there. Please stop recommending that - it s going to make him waste money.
Last edited by reverb66 at Aug 13, 2017,
Quote by reverb66
His live rig was marshalls or mesas - which provided 95% of the tone. The ds1 will not provide a nirvana tone through a clean fender amp - it simply isn't going to happen - anyone who has used a ds1  through a fender amp can attest to this ( i m one of those people) - it doesn't get you there.  Please stop recommending that - it s going to make him waste money.

Who me? I never recommended it. 
Quote by reverb66
Get a used mesa 1x12 combo - express, roadster etc. That will get you a great heavy tone and great cleans. The big draw of those amps as well is that they sound great at any volume level.

A twin with a ds1 is a terrible idea. First off, he was using a 68 twin in studio, but in a studio he would have had that thing cranked insanely loud to get it to naturally breakup to sound good with a ds1. A ds1 through a clean amp literally sounds like shit, and to drive a twin beyond clean into breakup territory requires way too much volume for any venue.

The mesas shure sound great but theyre 2000$ +
I was looking at the randall rd 45 (700$) , it has good reviews for high dist, but it hasnt got a "watt decrease knob" + maybe a randall cab (~400$ depending on the model), theyre cheap and are the same brand as the amp (wich looks cool tbh xd) but i havent looked the reviews up on them
Quote by m0n74g3
The twin reverb is cool but its 2000$, maybe cheaper alternatives to emulate the sound? With 1000$+ i meant a little bit more than it not double it :P

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe