Hello. I am Kristen and I am running for moderator of this forum. You may be wondering why exactly you should vore for me. Well for starters, because I said so. But let's look at some of the facts and some pictures. If you note the above picture, you will note that I am a pretty girl. What about Hail? Hail is a self-proclaimed mean bully. Do you want a mean bully in charge of closing your threads? According to his user title, he doesn't even play guitar. A non-guitarist moderating a non-guitar forum? You wouldn't let a vegan be president of the Meat Club, would you? I do play guitar. Here is a picture. Look at it because she's almost as pretty as me..

So why else should you vote for me? For starters, I have unique insight into music that none of you have due to being well versed with the music of many countries you may or may not even be able to find on a map. I also play numerous instruments in addition to guitar that almost nobody here plays well, if at all, allowing me to give valuable advice like this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705040

You're welcome, Kev.

Here is me playing arguably the most difficult instrument in the world:

vocaroo.com/i/s1qPcM3BxV5X

As you can see, I can offer insight that Hail cannot, particularly being a professional country and bluegrass steel guitar and banjo player. Hail claims to play banjo, but can't even manage to playing basic bluegrass style banjo. He claims that it because he only plays clawhammer. Well, as you can hear from this recording, I play clawhammer far better than he does:

vocaroo.com/i/s1KGlw4XNN9X

Of course, I am also skilled in the art of bluegrass banjo:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1pzp5ARCsy4

So what can you expect if I am elected?

For one thing, I will ban all discussions of modes since those thread inevitably turn into a cesspool of misinformation and reference to thoroughly non-modal music. Coincidentally, I happen to be well versed in modal music through study of traditional Arabic, Turkish, and Ukrainian music. Kristen knows modes. Not even Bo can say that.

There will be more quality thread with useful information like this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1748486

Let's face it. Voting often involves choosing between the lesser of two evils. Well, I'll tell you what. Why vote for the lesser of two evils when you can vote for me, the greatest evil of all? Now I'm sure you thought that Cthulhu was the greatest evil, right? Well, I made that sucker into calamari and eated him. If you don't vote for me, you can expect to be eated as well. Unless you want to be eated, in which case we can make arrangements after you vote for me.

I conclusion, vote for me because I am a pretty girl that will eat you if you don't. I'm clearly the right choice for the job. Remember, a vote for Hail is a vote for fail. A vote for me is a vote to not be eated.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 15, 2017,
Quote by theogonia777
  I also play numerous instruments in addition to guitar that almost nobody here plays well, if at all, allowing me to give valuable advice like this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705040

You're welcome, Kev.  

Thanks, good answers on that thread. I actually haven't touched the fingerpicks ever after that thread. Actually, I don't even really play electric guitar anymore.
Quote by theogonia777
 For one thing, I will ban all discussions of modes since those thread inevitably turn into a cesspool of misinformation and reference to thoroughly non-modal music. 

I can get behind this and I support this approach.
Quote by theogonia777

There will be more quality thread with useful information like this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1748486

That was indeed a good thread
Quote by theogonia777
Now I'm sure you thought that Cthulhu was the greatest evil, right?  Well, I made that sucker in calamari and eated him.

Sadly, this is where your campaign falls a bit apart. Anyone who has studied the eldricth texts and ancient knowledge knows that Cthulhu a) cannot be conquered by mortals like you b) isn't related to cephalopods despite the tentacles.

This campaign has lost the support of the deep ones, but not necessarily mine. I'm interested in seeing what Hail has to offer.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Sadly, this is where your campaign falls a bit apart. Anyone who has studied the eldricth texts and ancient knowledge knows that Cthulhu a) cannot be conquered by mortals like you b) isn't related to cephalopods despite the tentacles.

I am no mere mortal and I can make calamari out of any tentacles, regardless of whether they belong to a cephalopod or an eldritch abomination. I also make the best quesadillas ever and am skilled at making traditional Mongolian khuushuur and I can make a lovely chicken masala over Jollof rice.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Kristen..you do have the qualities of a politician..brash..ego enhanced.."I can fix all the problems..from taxes to traffic" ..

while modes are a subject that seems to have more wrong answers than right questions..not addressing them is a disservice to the guitar community..as some forum members DO know a lot of correct information about modes AND know how to present it in a simple to follow direct way..many have trouble in giving a simple answer that can be followed,,as many are new to theory even if they have played for years..and we still need to be aware that new information to a player on any level needs to be explained with care,,,I rather see that kind of approach than the elimination of topics that are difficult to explain to and understand by players new to advanced theory and harmony..

we have enough talent on this forum to address most questions and topics on a quitar approach to most styles of music..we just need to smooth out some rough edges..I appreciate much of the dialog that this forum produces and the work of people who produce GU..computer folks and business types..moderators should be considered one of the guests that now have the privilege to be a gentle referee when needed not someone who decides the way the forum will be run and what content will be allowed..
play well

wolf
the bass forum isn't having elections cause it's dead. the acoustic forum is having elections. why do you have to take my heart out?
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by wolflen
not someone who decides the way the forum will be run and what content will be allowed..

That's what moderators do now. You get a good discussion going that isn't related to the original topic and rather than letting a good discussion keep going a moderator swoops in to shut it down. I'll keep the good discussion threads open though rather than killing them for such a trivial reason as "the original question was answered" has ruined too many perfectly good threads.

Quote by Hail
the bass forum isn't having elections cause it's dead. the acoustic forum is having elections. why do you have to take my heart out?

The acoustic forum has like half as many moderators as the bass forum to begin with. Actually to be honest the moderators in this subforum are MIA almost constantly. Haven't seen anyone but Neo and Kev post recently.
Quote by theogonia777

The acoustic forum has like half as many moderators as the bass forum to begin with. Actually to be honest the moderators in this subforum are MIA almost constantly. Haven't seen anyone but Neo and Kev post recently.

i don't think there are any other moderators, now that i think about it. i'm in pretty much constant contact with Jet but he hasn't been on the forum in months cause he's too busy touring and crying to morrissey
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
i don't think there are any other moderators, now that i think about it. i'm in pretty much constant contact with Jet but he hasn't been on the forum in months cause he's too busy touring and crying to morrissey

They should just make us both moderators. Why should we have to choose between two evils when you can have both?
I think I have a little bit of ground beef and if I do I will make khuushuur. The secret is getting the perfect blend of spices in the curry powder mix. Much like traditional Mongolian food, I also have a long time love of Mongolian music. As for the activities that Shura suggested, as moderator I would create regular content on musics of the world and how to adapt it to your guitar playing, including traditional music that is genuinely "modal" by Western standards.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 13, 2017,
modal ground beef..in wellington mode...add ripe sliced plum tomatoes finely chopped red onions a clove of mashed garlic..fresh sweet basil sea salt and fresh ground pepper..serve over a rice pilaf with a touch of saffron..place in guitar case for 45 mins..now your cookin... (and yes I like to cook..)
play well

wolf
yo kristen whoever wins can we just make this a cooking forum
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Music is cooking though. It's all about getting the right notes, spicing it up enough but not too much, and having a good sense of thyme. One lick and you're hooked. Licks come in savory, smoky, sweet, and sour flavors.

Quote by theogonia777
They should just make us both moderators.  Why should we have to choose between two evils when you can have both?

That's your best argument yet.  "If kristen won't ban it, Hail will!"
Please, no cooking though. The over-stuffed metaphor is making me feel ill.
I like cooking though.