Greetings,

I am considering to move from Epiphone LP tribute to a little bit more heavy guitar with 24 frets, fast neck, eas access to upper frets.

- Budget is 800-1000 EUR
- I want to try active pickups
- Wood: No real preferences, as I have exp only with maple.
- So far I love Schecter hellraiser/blackjack/jell loomys  and Washburn Parallaxe.  (desing like)
- I dislike most of the can eoppeners looking like deadn/jackson.

Music that I would like to play:
Heavy ... tribium , in flames, 5fdp, metallica, 

Its not much, but still all kind of recomedation from more experienced guitars players are welcomed.

Also EMG vs SD .... I Like them both.

Regards
I would get the Washburn Solar. But you have to hurry, they're out of production now that Ola is coming out with his own brand of guitars.
I haven't played the Jeff Loomis Schecter, but have played (and own one) in that price range, and they're are fantastic guitars. I have played a Solar, though, and it was also a great playing guitar.

If you can try them both out, I would do that. The biggest difference I'd say between them is the neck profile -- and that's all preference. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Quote by ExDementia
I haven't played the Jeff Loomis Schecter, but have played (and own one) in that price range, and they're are fantastic guitars. I have played a Solar, though, and it was also a great playing guitar.

If you can try them both out, I would do that. The biggest difference I'd say between them is the neck profile -- and that's all preference. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Thank you for the inputs. Unfortunately, I cannot try them ... there is no sotre selling Schecters/Washburns in my country.
There is another option : Schecter Hellraiser C1 ( a bit mor eexpensive)

Regarding the neck: I would prefer a slim one (my hands are small).
Also, the would coinfiguration of both guitars is completely different:

Washburn - Alder body / maple neck / ebony fretboard
Jeff Loomis - Ash body /maple neck / maple fretboard

My concerns with washburn are that it might lack brightness for the leads and the lack of dots on the freatboard. (never played such guitar)
washburn makes nice guitars, but good luck getting rid of one. resale is terrible. for that reason I would go with Schecter.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's pretty much agreed upon, at least on this board, that woods don't make difference when it comes to tone. There's no reason why leads wouldn't be bright enough on the Washburn. And if for some reason they aren't, well, that's what the EQ on the amp is for. Regarding inlays on the fretboard, they are mostly cosmetic. When you play, especially standing, you're not looking at the front of the guitar. And it may be a bad habit we all pickup when we play sitting. When you should really be looking at the side dots on top, which all guitars have.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Aug 13, 2017,
Quote by dthmtl3
It's pretty much agreed upon, at least on this board, that woods don't make difference when it comes to tone. There's no reason why leads wouldn't be bright enough on the Washburn. And if for some reason they aren't, well, that's what the EQ on the amp is for. Regarding inlays on the fretboard, they are mostly cosmetic. When you play, especially standing, you're not looking at the front of the guitar. And it may be a bad habit we all pickup when we play sitting. When you should really be looking at the side dots on top, which all guitars have.

Yes I agree completely.
Just considering the fact that I might end up buying the guitar without trying it as Schecter and Washburn do not have a representative stores in my country.
I dont mind spending few hundred bucks more for Hellraiser or Blackjack SLS, but to be honest I am afraid to spend so much money on something I havent tried.

Thats the reason I am aiming in lower class guitars like Schecter JL6 / Washburn Solar 160.

Thank you all for your comments so far. I am looking forward for more opinions.