Hi. Hellew. Salutaions. Hey. Sup. ANYWAAAAAYS I'm making a recording studio, and I am going to record metal instrumentals. I want the best metal tone. I'm a noob on guitar stuff and have no idea what I'm doing . What kind of pickups, strings, amps, pedals, (5 Weeks Later) guitars, and picks are good for metal? Tell me ok bye
You can call me Crazy.
Yeah, budget is important. A Diezel VH4 amp head is gonna run at least $4000, and a Gibson Les Paul can run $5000+, depending on model. Best is relative.

I bought my wife a 2004 Toyota Sienna because I could afford that instead of a Maserati, which would wipe the track with the Sienna.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by CrazyTNTdog
Hi. Hellew. Salutaions. Hey. Sup. ANYWAAAAAYS I'm making a recording studio, and I am going to record metal instrumentals. I want the best metal tone. I'm a noob on guitar stuff and have no idea what I'm doing . What kind of pickups, strings, amps, pedals, (5 Weeks Later) guitars, and picks are good for metal? Tell me ok bye

You want at least a line 6 spider 2 and a squier bullet.
Legend.
Naw, Marshall MG, FTW and the First Act Hannah Montana guitar.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Hope you know more about recording otherwise it seems like a huge waste of money.
I somehow don't see success in your future.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by CrazyTNTdog
ExDementia I have $150 on the guitar part, Right now I have a Schecter Damien FR with Seymour Duncan pickups.

Presumably that is your budget for your amp?

$150 is just going to buy you junk, honestly. Good quality metal tones cost money.

What kind of metal tones are you looking for specifically? The range of high gain metal tones that exist out there are vast. Although bands like Metallica, Dream Theater, Bullet for my Valentine, Van Halen and Dimmu Borgir use a lot of gain, they all sound completely different to one another tonally. You must be specific as to what your needs are. Telling us that you want a 'metal tone' is too vague and nondescript to be helpful.

If $150 is really all you can afford, then realistically it's time to get a job.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The Metal world is vast. Gear that works for one style might not work for another. You might focus on a particular section of it.... For example a Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal is a legendary pedal to have in your arsenal if your into Swedish Death Metal.
Guitaraxe lets just say that $10k wouldn't even you that far.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok look at your profile gives info. What are planning to record with and what is your skill level playing wise? I'm think it getting some amp software might be the way to go or perhaps a line 6 POD. I use a POD for recording myself
Yeah, there's two big things to think about here:

The easy one is what kind of sounds you actually want. Figure out what styles of metal, and what particular guitarists' sounds you're looking at achieving. You need that to get anywhere with this.

The hard one is money. $150 will do fine for strings and picks. If you're happy with the guitar you have, but it needs a pickup change (it probably doesn't, to be fair), it might get you an alright new set of pickups, or it might get you two or three alright pedals if that's all you need - it won't do both of those last two. If it needs to stretch to a new guitar or an amp? It'll get you nowhere.

That's a bit negative, perhaps, but the good news is if you already have a decent guitar, which it sounds like you do, the one thing that's likely really holding you back here is your amp, so focus on that. $150 won't do it by any means, but it's a single thing to save towards. If you answer the first question about what styles you're looking at playing, you'll get good recommendations and you can figure out how close or how far away from that you are.

On the other things you mentioned, don't worry about strings - it's worth experimenting to see which ones last longer for you or anything like that, but Ernie Ball's or D'Addario's basic electric strings will be just fine. As far as picks, that's down to the player, but metal players tend to get on well with some variety or other of the Dunlop Jazz III. There's a few different variations on that model with different materials, sizes, etc. Explore your options there; picks are cheap. As far as the guitar is concerned, the Damien FR will be fine. It's not the best in the world, probably, but it plays and does more or less the right sound and if you only have $150 to spend right now to improve your sound it's just not the bit you need to think about.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
CrazyTNTdog I picked up a nice Jackson for about 350$ and a decent Fender Mustang for about 140$. I don't play in a band and not very good, but I enjoy the versatility they have. I can get decent metal, rock, and etc. sounds from them. It is about what you want to spend. I would have loved to get a more expensive guitar, but I am loving this one.
Have you decided what tuning you want to use? That will determine what string gauge you need. I won't even get into the other stuff.
dthmtl3 I am enjoying drop c. I bought lower gauge strings and haven't changed them. I am sure that it would change the tone dramatically. I also have an Epiphone Les and Peavey Raptor that are in standard. Is one in particular better for drop tunings or is that in the beholder?
Quote by eerie_v
dthmtl3 I am enjoying drop c. I bought lower gauge strings and haven't changed them.  I am sure that it would change the tone dramatically.  I also have an Epiphone Les and Peavey Raptor that are in standard. Is one in particular better for drop tunings or is that in the beholder?

What Jackson is it?
dthmtl3serial number tags cwj 1706448. I know I have the papers, not sure where I put them. I should know, I am obviously not with it, I feel stupid not knowing.
so you're a noob with no prerequisite knowledge of guitar equipment, but somehow the suggestions here and some cash later are going to enable you to create quality recordings.  Right.  

Let's talk microphones and maybe we'll cover picks later
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Ok, this is in the wrong section and pretty silly so I'm going to close it. 

If it's a serious question, try again in Guitar Gear and Accessories with some more concrete information, and try to stick around to answer the follow-up questions.