I would love to get a new guitar, I play mostly punk, white stripes type rock and alternative. Would you guys recommend anything? I would love a vintage guitar, my budget is under £300
 a small budget, and i recommend saving up for a higher pricepoint but: you have some decent squire vintage's at that pricerange
Might want to consider used, simply because you can get a better guitar for the price of a new one. Either way, something with at least one humbucker is going to be a good idea. A Squire Strat sporting an HSS would be a good idea, possibly an Epiphone Les Paul, for starters. 

Have you hit up a guitar shop to see what you personally like? I mean, I tend to like Strat shapes, but you might be an LP guy, so I'm just trying to narrow it down to get you the best options. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I'm going to advocate buying used with that budget it makes more sense you will get more guitar for your money.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What do you currently have and what do you like and dislike about it?
What amp are you using?

With vintage, do you mean actually vintage or something vintage styled?
callum5907 If you want a semi hollow body Ibanez artcore series would fit the bill for solid body maybe a Squier Jazzmaster or a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster for the vintage look, a true vintage guitar of any reputable name brand will be out of reach for your budget.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

I K0nijn I I currently have a second hand guitar, the pickups at falling off so I wanted to see if I could get a new more punk rock guitar, I like vintage because I think the sound is Better.
First of all, vintage won't sound better in all cases. Sure, there are vintage guitars that sound amazing, but it's not a given that it'll sound better. You could actually get some older Japanese built guitars in your price range, but I wouldn't expect the quality of those to be better than a new guitar in your price range, to be honest.

You're also being way too vague. There's no such thing as a punk rock guitar. When I hear punk rock, I think of Les Pauls, but you can rock just about anything. Do you want a light guitar or do you like some weight? What kind of shapes are you into? Want a tremolo, or rather not? What kind of pickups? 

You could get an old Harmony or Teisco in your price range if you really wanted something vintage. Hondo as well. If you're going modern, there are some nice options, but we really need more to give anything that really helps you. The quality of the newer guitars will probably be higher than the vintage ones, though.
try looking at an Ibanez RG421 solid guitar for the money. Not vintage but should do punk well with humbuckers
Last edited by monstercrx at Sep 13, 2017,
If there is a decent used market in your location look for an MIJ Jackson the Japanese Jacksons are great guitars well built and very playable and they sell used for really great bargains.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Reading through this, you're getting good advice, but I'm not sure what "vintage sounds better means". Vintage cheap guitars can be diamond in the rough, but they can also be microphonic, poorly constructed, or shabby in terms of build.

I'm getting the impression that you want something vintage styled with modern appointments - why not look at a Squier Tele? If you're set on semi-hollow (I wouldn't recommend fully hollow unless you can control feedback), maybe a Squier '72 Reissue Telecaster would be best. Vintage styled, well constructed (mine was at least), humbuckers for good rhythm sounds.
OffsetOffset
Punk can literally be done on any electric guitar. Joey Ramone used a Mosrite with strat pickups. It all depends on the sound or look you want. 
For semi hollow both Gretsch Electromatics and Ibanez Artcore are good choices with the Ibanez being more affordable and the Gretsch being a bit better quality.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge