Hi All,

Need some expert advice here...

I recently acquired a custom made Phasor (Mu-Tron Phasor II Clone) and while I love the tone, there seems to be a problem with how it handles my 2 analog delays. When the Phaser is on, the repeats of the delays cut off prematurely. (maybe 1 repeat then it stops entirely) This doesn't happen with my Flanger or any other pedal. I run my modulations through my Effects Loop.

Any idea what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

-Major Bludd
Last edited by Major Bludd at Sep 17, 2017,
Quote by Major Bludd
WOW Anyone?

This subforum moves pretty slowly these days. Also, people aren't going to be forthcoming with suggestions if you get all impatient.

Sit back and chill out. This is a community, not tech support.
It seems to work OK in front of the amp, though. My Loop doesn't like it, or it doesn't like my loop. Weird.
Good idea trying the pedal in front of the amp. Also, if you are not using the amps distortion... just using it as a clean channel, then not having any pedals in the loop is an option.
I don't know much about the phaser, but you might need to use a buffer before or after it, especially if you're running a lot of pedals in series.

Edit: If you're using the pedal in your effects loop, it might be attenuated to a degree. Check your amp's manual to find out by how much.

Edit 2: Pedals aren't really my thing, so I'm happy to defer to anyone who knows better.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Sep 18, 2017,
in my experience, phasers/flangers  don't do very well after a delay. you can get odd timing issues etc.
The phaser is before the delays, actually. Still the same problem.

I appreciate the replies.
It's OK after my distortion, actually. I've been messing with it. Just not sure why the loop doesn't like it.
Quote by Major Bludd
It's OK after my distortion, actually. I've been messing with it. Just not sure why the loop doesn't like it.

I'm pretty sure I've already given a decent suggestion in my post above. A combination of effects loop attenuation and an unbuffered phaser pedal could be weakening your signal before it hits the delay, so you get one repeat before it dies out.
Thanks to Mintsauce & everyone else for the suggestions. This was a huge pain in the butt and now I have some avenues to explore.

Again, thanks.
Quote by Major Bludd
Thanks to Mintsauce & everyone else for the suggestions. This was a huge pain in the butt and now I have some avenues to explore.

Again, thanks.

Let us know if you get this sorted, and what worked for you!