I want to learn a lot of blues licks preferably in the style of John Mayer to use in my improv. Where would I learn some? My improv sounds boring cause I don't know a lot of licks
You should start by learning licks from John Mayer's somgs, preferably by ear.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
tate.givans start with some BB King / Albert King licks..Mayer uses them often..as well as many top players do..they are not hard to play but to get the feel of them may take quite a while..as BB and Albert spent their entire musical lives perfecting 3 and 4 note licks 
play well

wolf
Watch Mayer vids and steal his best moves, that what he did when he started playing the blues.  His first few years he had the notes but it still sounded like paint-by-numbers Blues that wasn't very inspiring.  Now Mayer gets it and his stuff sounds pretty great.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
His first few years

Sort of funny story. He's a semi-local guy so a friend's mom used to know him. She says he used to go and sing songs in all the music stores and they used to always kick him out. It just goes to show that music store employees gave better taste than people that people that made him a star on the adult contemporary charts.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777
Damn, gurrrl, you cruel.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Soooo...take some SRV, Hendrix and a dash of 2 Kings, toss them in a blender with some marshmallows, milk and mayo, and presto!. John Mayer smoothie!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

My playing was influenced by Marquette King.
But nobody does the blues like this King: