The Sopranos
Only fools and horses
The benefits system in Scotland
Horse racing
gambling
Irish and Scottish history
Politics

I know little about

Stocks and shares (although i have some)
Car's
Art
Foreign languages  
Fat Lard

Nein, nein, nein.

Das ist ein Flowchart.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
That does clear things up a bit, thanks. I had understood it as Hindus believing and worshiping many gods, being different manifestations of the Absolute (Brahman?), but having one take precedent over the others in terms of personal preference or importance. Kind of like a hierarchy.

No worries. That's one way people worship, but it isn't the only way.
cat
Things I know about...
Pokémon
Recreational drugs (uppers not hallucinogenics)

Things I'd like to know more about...
Art styles
Physics and chem
Metalcore guitar techniques
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by theogonia777
Fat Lard

Nein, nein, nein.

Das ist ein Flowchart.

Chinese has a ton of weird shit like this. Some of my favorites are

Bag mouse (kangaroo)
Loose mouse (squirrel)
Heroic pig (porcupine)
Cat head eagle (owl)
Wild cow (bison)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by StewieSwan

Bag mouse (kangaroo)
Loose mouse (squirrel)
Heroic pig (porcupine)
Cat head eagle (owl)
Wild cow (bison)

My favourite surprise discovery about Chinese is that their version of being a 'night owl' is called 'wakeful cat'. So a late night screening at the cinema is the wakeful cat screening. Much better mental image.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
My favourite surprise discovery about Chinese is that their version of being a 'night owl' is called 'wakeful cat'. So a late night screening at the cinema is the wakeful cat screening. Much better mental image.

I am going to reference this constantly with work colleagues. See if they just think I’m even more gweilo.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I am going to reference this constantly with work colleagues. See if they just think I’m even more gweilo.

Do you work in China?  
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Things I be good at:

Saving Money
Driving Responsibly
Keeping the kitchen clean
Music history knowledge
Quoting friends or how I met your mother
Drinking

Things I'd like to know

Women
Girls
Females
Ladies
Chicks
I tend to learn a bit about things to get to a decent but not quite expert level because I get bored getting that obsessed about something.

so lets call it "stuff I can talk a bit about":
- alcohol (whisky, vodka, gin and beer)
- tea (drinking some interesting black yunnan tea right now)
- video games (ps4 or pc mostly, bf1 is my main game at the moment, 600hrs in it so far)
- graphic novels (don't talk to me about dc/marvel shit though, dropped that shit in my teens)
- sci fi novels
- philosophy (such discussion bores me though, so rather not)
- iems/earphones/portable audiophile stuff (not into speaker and cans audiophile tech talk basically)
- bread making
- desserts baking/pastry (know a bunch about it but I'm a mediocre patissier, much better as a cook or baking bread)
- cookery (when it comes to skills though, it's mostly japanese and chinese food. I can handle western cooking fine if I have a recipe but can't really improvise like I can in the styles I know well. still create a solid generally western style xmas dinner for every year by myself though, just have to rely on a lot of recipes for guidance)
- business/finance/accounting (my financial markets and banking knowledge is kinda rusty now though)
- computer hardware + building
- metal, hardcore and jazz scene shit (but I'm not one of those guys with encyclopedic knowledge of artists)
- fashion (men's and women's)
- origami (I can't really discuss it at the design and math theory level even though, but I've read enough to understand the basic principles there)
- gardening
- most science topics (not at a degree level though, like I read new scientist and other science news mags often and have no problem understanding any concepts presented and I can read a published work from journals without getting too lost. I say "most" because some disciplines bore me (math & geology mostly) and I can only follow physics up until it starts dragging in some math or veers into particle stuff.)

stuff I'd want to learn:
- carpentry
- languages (kinda hate that I don't have a second language, especially after having a lot of euro mates now who speak like 3+ languages (and a lot of them aren't particularly "smart" or well educated either, just bummed around europe picking up languages). cba with the work, but if I could instantly learn some languages, I would go for german, french, japanese and possibly russian)
- coding (looks boring as hell but it would be nice not to suddenly be lost when anything I may be talking about or working on descends there)
- art (can appreciate it when attending a gallery but only on a basic level)
- cars (don't drive but kinda want to learn, mostly I would like to know about maintenance and basic principles regardless of being able to drive or owning a car.)
- sailing
- fishing/hunting
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by StewieSwan

Bag mouse (kangaroo)
Loose mouse (squirrel)
Heroic pig (porcupine)
Cat head eagle (owl)
Wild cow (bison)

The best is the German word for bicycle.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I moved to HK in April. Made my first official trip to China weekend just gone to work present at the Guangzhou Hi-Fi Show.

Nice, always cool to see people go international. The company I work for keeps saying that they want to expand to Hong Kong and China, so I've been trying to get them to send me. They haven't committed to invest so far though.  
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by danielh123.
Primus2112

Yes you'll be able to Ollie despite being fat, but you would need to invest in a good board. Cheap ones break immediately and a fat person will obviously break one easier than most.

You could practice anywhere really. Way more important than tricks is learning to push and ride around comfortably. This will be learned quickly (hours/days) but mastered over months and years. I'd recommend an empty, out of the way car park or school if shyness is a problem

Ollies (and all tricks) are best broken down into the mechanics for a clear understanding before attempting. I find that really helpful!

Almost every conventional trick starts with a "pop", this is to slam the back end down to the floor so the front lifts. This gives you a kind of position of leverage from which you can jump into your trick.

You'll see a lot about the order in which you should learn tricks (e.g. Ollie then shove it then kickflip) but ignore that shit. Work on five tricks at a time, practice them like you'd work on scales. Do slow run throughs, learn the "maths" of it, watch others do them, then increase the speed and commitment over time. Then when you land one, don't let yourself leave a session again until you've landed another

Do it mate, best decision I've made for myself in forever. So good for fitness too!

I actually do have a good board

thank you, will save this post for future reference
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by smithy15493
Things I be good at:

Saving Money
Driving Responsibly
Keeping the kitchen clean
Music history knowledge
Quoting friends or how I met your mother
Drinking

Things I'd like to know

Women
Girls
Females
Ladies
Chicks

First tip: stop watching and quoting How I Met Your Mother
Things I Know A Lot About
Guitars
Guitar Effects
Recording on a Shoestring Budget
Breadboarding Stuff Using Your Ears
Computers, including Vintage Computing
Classic Video Games
Electronics
Cars
Outdoor Power Equiptment (Lawn Mowers, Weed Whackers, etc...)
Home Repairs/Renovation

What I don't Know/Like To Get Better At/Know More About
Relationships
The Financial side of Business
Soft Skills
Politics (hey, I'm trying)
How to program in some computing languages, well
Real Estate
How To Live off-the-grid
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by danielh123.
Haha no probs. I guess something simple that I could source the ingredients for here (smallish town, U.K.).

Maybe like a spice mix or rub that I could add to meat or veg? Or a stew type thing perhaps? Rice stuff maybe? 

Alright, so a really good general mix that can be used for a variety of stuff (especially fajitas) is as follows:

-1 tbs chili powder
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp paprika
-1/4 tsp cheyenne pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1/2 tbs powdered ancho chile (Optional)

Mix together. Excellent as a dry rub or seasoning. Can be combined with olive/veg oil to marinate meat/veg as well.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I know a bit about:
Judo - started when I was 5
Wrestling - from Middle to High School
Brasilian Jiu Jitsu - from friends and relatives
Muay Thai and Boxing - from when we toured Thailand and SE Asia as a kid
Rifles/hunting - 1st blood was a Whitetail at 5 with a .270. .30-'06 to 300 WinMag (for Elk)
Pistols - Silhouette shooting from Middle School (pretty much every weekend) to the present (occasionally). Ruger Redhawk and Dan Wesson .44Mag
Arnis - stickfighting
Painting (houses, canvas, guitar refinishing)
Landscaping/hardscaping (throughout high school)
relationships (in excellent terms with almost all my exes since grade school )

Would like to:
Learn fencing, dancing (Samba, Tango, modern/whatever), growing orchids, combat shooting
Become fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
Learn Russian and Mandarin
Learn to cook at least 2 dozen dishes that will impress
Make wine
zgr0826 I have most of this stuff so will give this a try soon! Thanks man!

Primus2112 ooh what kind? How about trucks/wheels etc? Don't hesitate trying it mate, it'll be the most fun you've ever had
Have a Christmas
danielh123. uhhhh I have that information somewhere...

globe cruiser deck with gullwing trucks, bones reds bearings and oj Omar Hassan 55mm for the wheels
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by sashki
How much knowledge is "a lot"? I know a little about woodworking but not to any professional standard.

Did ur mom teach you how to work wood she's the expert lol fag
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by sashki
How much knowledge is "a lot"? I know a little about woodworking but not to any professional standard.

substantially more than the average person
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by danielh123.
zgr0826 I have most of this stuff so will give this a try soon! Thanks man!

Primus2112 ooh what kind? How about trucks/wheels etc? Don't hesitate trying it mate, it'll be the most fun you've ever had

No problem my man! Also, a quick and easy recipe for refried beans is to take a can of pinto beans, cook them, drain most of the liquid, mash them into a rough paste, add a spoon or two of oil/fat (bacon grease or lard for maximum flavor/authenticness) and salt/pepper, and fry them a bit.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i could actually use some art tips:

recently bought another, better, sketch book that has thick enough pages so marker doesn't bleed through.

looking for recommendations for good pencils/erasers for sketching before i go back over with marker.

and marker reccs. i bought a pack of watercolor ones recently, but i wanna try out some others.

I haven't done any of this in about 7 years

enlighten me, artsy fartsy people

Common pencils for illustration are graphite, carbon, charcoal, etc.  TBH, most illustrators I know who intend to marker just use good ol fashioned mechanical pencils.  If you choose to use the carbon and charcoal pencils you'll run into issues in terms of what type of ink or marker you can use on top of them.  

Tombow pen-style erasers are nice and in common use.  A nice Kneaded eraser is art school 101.

Markers: Copic.  Tombow Brush pens are the shit.  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Lmao! 

Germans literally named a skunk "Stinktier". Like Stink-tier. Goddamn, there is beauty in autism
I know about:

Computer science stuff
Guitar stuff
Video game stuff

I want to learn more about:

Art stuff
Cooking stuff
ggg1 ggg3

Things I know a lot about:
Meteorology
North American wildlife, especially birds
Landscaping
MS Excel
Gambling
Video games
Good Pal Catfriend
Definitely potatoes

Things I know little about:
Automotive stuff
Most topics of history
Geography
Religion
Politics
I mean realistically this list is pretty huge
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
potatoes are not on your list of things you know
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I don't know what you're talking about babs
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I think it'd be better to have people ask specific questions about the things they'd like to learn so,

In a manual transmission, is it bad to shift down gears as you're coming to a stop, (rather than just braking) or will this unnecessarily wear the clutch?

Also, how important is it to rev match when downshifting? I.e. is it okay to shift down and let the engine revs rise to match the trans, or should you give it a little accelerator to match it yourself?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53

In a manual transmission, is it bad to shift down gears as you're coming to a stop, (rather than just braking) or will this unnecessarily wear the clutch?

Also, how important is it to rev match when downshifting? I.e. is it okay to shift down and let the engine revs rise to match the trans, or should you give it a little accelerator to match it yourself?
You should ALWAYS rev match your downshifts. Not doing so means the clutch is grinding against the flywheel...not good at all.

If you rev match, then engine braking (ie downshifting and letting the vacuum of the engine cycle slow you down instead of brakes) is fine. Bonus points if you learn to heel toe, though that's a bit aggressive for most street applications.

While we're on the subject: don't rest your hand on the shifter

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 22, 2017,
Quote by Xiaoxi
You should ALWAYS rev match your downshifts. Not doing so means the clutch is grinding against the flywheel...not good at all.

If you rev match, then engine braking (ie downshifting and letting the vacuum of the engine cycle slow you down instead of brakes) is fine. Bonus points if you learn to heel toe, though that's a bit aggressive for most street applications.

While we're on the subject: don't rest your hand on the shifter

Interesting to know. I do rev match if I'm not braking but that's rare. Most of the time I'm dropping into 3rd or 2nd for a corner, and i dont bother about the revs. heel-toeing is something that I tried but cant get the hang of. Also, yeah I've heard the shifter advice b4, i dont tend to do that anyway.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Things I know a lot about: 

Guitar
Guitar Effects
Soldering
Building analogue electronics and Circuit Bending
Kratom
Cryptozoology

Things I would like to know more about:

Car maintenance
Carpentry  
Drawing/Paining
Music Theory 
Home maintenance
Recording/Mixing music
Quote by Gatecrasher53
I think it'd be better to have people ask specific questions about the things they'd like to learn so,

brake pads are cheaper than clutches, are much easier to replace and are designed to take the wear 
Primus2112 that's a tasty setup mate, but to be perfectly honest you're not gonna get far in terms of street/park skating on it. Those are great boards but designed for transport rather than tricks.

Not that there's a problem with that at all if it's what you'd like, but if you wanna do flip tricks you'd be much better off with a street board.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer
Have a Christmas
Quote by ultimate-slash

Dad jokes

There he is, my bestie.

On topic,
things I know:
Family.
Carpentry.
Languages.
Dad jokes.
Having fun.

Things I don't know:
How we are letting two people with the worst haircuts in the world decide how this is all gonna end.
Last edited by UltimateGuizar at Sep 23, 2017,
Advanced pimp hand technique

Bootay and procurement of said bootay.

Building the fastest cars on the planet.

Building a working model of "the sustainer" years before it showed up as a product.
Things I know/can do:
-American popular music from before 1940 (I still don't know why despite having made a study of it for several years now)
-Train animals (and people if need be) using positive reinforcement
-Fallout, all of them except the original console BoS and 4
-Frank Zappa's discography, mostly during his life but I know a lot of the posthumous stuff too
-the manufacture and the legalities involved with such and the sale of alcohol
-Pianos, inside and out
-Posting in the pit

Things I kinda know my way around:
-Music theory and composition, I never had proper theory tuition and a lot of it is cobbled together from various sources and some of it is probably also wrong
-Poetry, I have a lot more flops than flights but I'd say I wasn't too bad at it, not great by any stretch though.
-Playing guitar in many different styles, I'm often told I'm a good guitarist but I don't feel like I'm very versatile, I can play the basic stuff that almost everyone that invests more than an hour a month into a guitar can do, but I want to learn how to play a lot more, classical, country picking (working on Travis picking but screw using only the index finger), actually being able to play with a plectrum (I don't play with one enough anymore that I play better with fingers but it makes tremolo picking difficult if not impossible).
-Playing banjo well, I just plain suck

Things I don't know but would like to:
-clothing manufacture, so many years not wearing nice clothes or making myself look nice and now I love looking good, but there's only so much one can do with what they can buy
-languages, I suck at these more than banjo, I learn them easily enough by after a while I cannot do it on my own anymore, I need proper tuition and help
-Electric instrument amplification and the like, I wanna learn to build amps and all that but know absolutely nothing whatsoever
-The violin and then perhaps the viola
-Love
-Accordion maintenance
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day