Page 4 of 4
anything with a house or car ......a little bass

I bet this is an interesting thread.   haven't had time to go through it yet
Quote by danielh123.
Primus2112 that's a tasty setup mate, but to be perfectly honest you're not gonna get far in terms of street/park skating on it. Those are great boards but designed for transport rather than tricks.

Not that there's a problem with that at all if it's what you'd like, but if you wanna do flip tricks you'd be much better off with a street board.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer

I'm not lookin to be Tony hawk or anything, but I'd like to know a few cool, low risk things to do that are reasonably cool looking and sort of impressive to non skating plebs
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Primus2112 Ah gotcha

I'm always gonna recommend a street board over a cruiser/longboard/penny, but there's some stuff you could still do on those. Ollies, no-comply tricks, transition skating (half pipes and bowls etc) should be fine. The stuff you wont be able to do is like kickflips and things like that.

Anyway, good luck man!
One of you genius bitches answer me this:

So GR says that a massive object warps the fabric of space-time, such that a dip is created around the mass and the effects of gravity is created when other objects enter into the lip of the dip. This is often shown in layman's term with a heavy ball in the middle of a trampoline like surface. But this demo is very circular and confusing, given that it is relying on gravity itself (the ball wouldn't depress the trampoline surface if it wasn't for gravity).

So a few questions:
1. how is the massive object bending space-time without gravity being an external force?
2. how do orbiting objects keep their momentum at the lip? In the trampoline demo, the orbiting balls would keep funneling downward and eventually collide into the central mass due to gravity and friction.
3. how does this phenomena translate into the effect of gravity here on earth?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
other people can probably answer better than i but i'll give it a shot

1. because through general relativity, gravity isn't described as a force. it's a result of uneven distribution of mass, ie empty space being right next to a planet or a star. the imbalance creates the curve of spacetime, which creates the effect of gravity. so it isn't that gravity is causing the curved spacetime, but is rather a result of it

2. really complex/lengthy/annoying maths involving angular velocity/acceleration/momentum. there's a really specific sweet spot in orbiting radii where, once left, the object will either overcome the gravitational pull and leave orbit, or succumb to it and collide with the orbital centre.

basically in angular kinematics and centripetal motion and stuff and whatever, acceleration is always pointed inward, and velocity is always tangent to the path it travels. if you have a sock and put a battery in it and swing it around the acceleration is always pulling the object toward your hand (the centre). but the velocity of the battery (ie the speed and its direction) is always perpendicular to that acceleration. the two 'forces' (velocity isn't a force i just can't think of a better word) have to be in perfect balance, otherwise the path of motion is changed.

3. well through the example of the trampoline the gradient of the distortion (the steepness caused by the heavy ball being pulled down) the strength of gravity is going to be stronger the closer you get to the centre of the ball. on earth, the strength of gravity is stronger the closer you get to the core. so the further you are from the earth's centre (ie your altitude) the weaker gravity will be.
there are other influencers as well but here's a little graphic done by NASA showing the various gravitational deviations on earth:
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence[/center[
1. nothing wrong with me
2. nothing wrong with me
3. nothing wrong with me
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Xiaoxi
One of you genius bitches answer me this:

So GR says that a massive object warps the fabric of space-time, such that a dip is created around the mass and the effects of gravity is created when other objects enter into the lip of the dip. This is often shown in layman's term with a heavy ball in the middle of a trampoline like surface. But this demo is very circular and confusing, given that it is relying on gravity itself (the ball wouldn't depress the trampoline surface if it wasn't for gravity).

So a few questions:
1. how is the massive object bending space-time without gravity being an external force?
2. how do orbiting objects keep their momentum at the lip? In the trampoline demo, the orbiting balls would keep funneling downward and eventually collide into the central mass due to gravity and friction.
3. how does this phenomena translate into the effect of gravity here on earth?

1) think of gravity as stretches and contractions in the fabric of space time as opposed to a force if it helps. Extreme mass distorts an otherwise “flat” space time fabric so that, for lack of a better explanation, straight lines appear curved and objects travel along them.

2) angular momentum. but basically every orbiting body is degrading in orbit towards massive object that it’s orbiting

3) an orbiting object with sufficient energy will escape orbit and never degrade, or they will eventually enter the atmosphere and break up or be destroyed. If you put a wall around the ball on the mattress and it stopped a marble that wasn’t rolling towards the center, that’s a decent analogy for the earth’s surface stopping you from falling to the center

Idk I’m sick and took DayQuil
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Idk I’m sick and took DayQuil

DayQuil? Damn, dude, that's soooooo siiiiick.
Free Ali
Free Lard
How to succeed at being an old hit man without even trying.

The best way to wrap your head around orbits is to magine yourself falling off a cliff, but as you fall, the cliff (the spacetime) rotates away from you, pulling you along with it, so you are in a continual state of falling. This repeats in a circle, thus creating an orbit. 

Astrophysics is dope af 

Let's talk about how quasars billions of lightyears apart tend to all be aligned with each other and how tf that happened
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 25, 2017,
I wouldn't say I have an encyclopedic knowledge of anything, but I just pick up shit as I go along. 

Things I know a lot about
- Films
- Videogames (not so much newer stuff, but I'd say games from the 00s are my wheelhouse)
- Music
- Game Of Thrones (just started the books, but seen all of the tv show)
- WWII
- London (although my knowledge deteriorates as you get further from the centre)

Things I'm ok with, but would like to know more about
- Music theory
- Recording techniques and music technology (I took a degree in it, but haven't sat down in a studio in a while)
- Guitar maintenance
- Cooking

Things I would like to know more about
- Amp maintenance
- First aid
- DIY
- Languages (I've tried learning foreign languages several times, but never stuck it out)
- Coding
- Writing lyrics
- Painting
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Sep 25, 2017,
Quote by Ippon
donender, what about Breaking Bad and/or Better Call Saul? 

Oh yeah, I'm pretty clued up on that - it just feels like an age since I've watched either (despite BCS Season 3 airing earlier this year), so i kind of forgot about it. I looked back at one of your earlier posts and I agree on the piano thing. I've had a piano in my house 10 years, and have no excuse for not taking the time to learn it properly, other than the fact that I get impatient if I'm having trouble with something. 

Also, I think my display picture is about 5 years overdue for an update.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Sep 26, 2017,
I know true knowledge comes from knowing you know nothing.
I also know what I know, and sometimes, I know that I don't know.
I also learned if you kiss and tell online, and your partner(s) find out about it, they don't like that. and also, kissing and telling, people don't want to read that either.
I'm a big history buff, and it plays into most of my hobbites where I learn the history of most of them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm

Programming, coding, computer science, software engineering and its concepts
Type theory, compiler theory, programming language design
Category Theory and other abstract mathematical mumbo-jumbo (tho not too much)
Funk and disco music
I know how to google

Philosophy
DJing
Personal finance (in Uruguay)
Stuff I know:

History
Satellite Communications
Video Games/Video game history (I lived through it)
Grappling (wrestled for 15 years)
other stuff

Stuff I don't know:

"Contemporary music"
Fashion
Operas
Quote by Ippon
Pastafarian96Piano! That's another thing I'd like to learn, properly, instead of just hacking through it.
pianos the best
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence[/center[
I know a lot about:

Guitars
Music history and theory
Technology
Education
Autism
Animals

I wish I knew more about:

Literature
Other languages
Piano
Biology
Cars/Automotive repair
Architecture
Carpentry
Electricity/electrical systems
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I know a lot about:

Guitars
Music history and theory
Technology
Education
Autism
Animals

I wish I knew more about:

Literature
Other languages
Piano
Biology
Cars/Automotive repair
Architecture
Carpentry
Electricity/electrical systems

The Dutch word for vagina is vagina. Also, the Dutch word for penis is penis
My ex's friend found out I could sew and asked me to make him a fursuit. 
Quote by stratkat
I'd like to golf more and learn more about it.

keep a firm stance, bend your knees slightly, keep your eye on the ball, and follow through
Quote by kalypto
keep your eye on the ball
Obligatory ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
also clean your balls as often as you can because that way they will perform better
Quote by kalypto
also clean your balls as often as you can because that way they will perform better

Nothing suggestive here; carry on.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Things I know a lot about:

Beatles songs
Astronomy
Chemistry
Football (American)
Hockey
The SNES
The English Language
Motown 
Philosophy 
Mental Health
Biochemistry

Things I don't know a lot about that I'd like to learn more:

Chess strategy
Music Theory (still horrible at it, basic understanding, want better.)
Reading music
Social interactions in person
Being a human
How to play more grunge/punk music (surprisingly not easy for me)
Song lyric writing (I have never been able to write a lyric to a single song in the 16 years I've played)
Your Angry Neighborhood Leftist Lefty.

Bass player who just wants to become Paul McCartney.

I was voted Most Likely to Pass Out Drunk at the First Reunion in high school. I did not let anyone down.
i know some about.........music, history, working with cnc machinery, working with nature stone, granit, composiet, marmer, dekton, keramiek, handy man tools, improvisation artist, just random knowledge, tips and facts, storyteller , soccer, cycling, mma, k1, boxing

what i wanna know: all that seems interesting enough to know about, and even then some things catch me by surprise. what i really do wanna know is how to play as albert king and ted nugent on my guitar, but thats a combination of knowing and skills :p 
Last edited by mlking99 at Oct 31, 2017,
Horsedick.MPEG 

Where did white people come from?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Horsedick.MPEG 

Where did white people come from?

White people were created by Yakub to wreak havoc and enslave black people.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm