Hey everyone!

My current phone is dying, it will randomly shut off, the aux port doesn't quite work and the screen is cracked in various places. I've been looking on craigslist and amazon, and a few people are selling their iphones (i guess since the 8 came out) but they say i need to buy a Neter Air Chip. It sounds a bit sketchy to me, but i just want to see if anyone here has used it with success and no problems.
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
what you need is a new chip 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Bladez22people in my area are selling their phones for between $200 and $300, generally iphones 5-7
Quote by Ablast
Bladez22people in my area are selling their phones for between $200 and $300, generally iphones 5-7

I payed about £250 for mine, new in box, despite being "old" at the time of buying.

Depends how much you need/want a new phone, I've never heard of the air chip so I can't really comment, I just wanted to share my opinion that the 5s and 5c are great phones that are relatively cheap to buy new
Bladez22 well the phone is really good to have, its convenient, and in not against getting a 5s if its cost effective but in my area theres some guy selling a 64gb 5s for $250 and theres someone else selling a 16gb 6s for $240, and then the occasional person selling an iphone 7 for $300 but they say it needs the chip thing. Im just wondering if i should spend the extra money for the newer phone.

I will probably settle with a 6 though
Get an S7
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R people on craigslist are selling them for $400-500. Im not against it, i currently use an s6, but thats a bit more than id like to pay
Buy a Pixel XL
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Ablast
H4T3BR33D3R i dont have verizon, but id love one

Root it.

Problem solved.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Ablast
Bladez22 well the phone is really good to have, its convenient, and in not against getting a 5s if its cost effective but in my area theres some guy selling a 64gb 5s for $250 and theres someone else selling a 16gb 6s for $240, and then the occasional person selling an iphone 7 for $300 but they say it needs the chip thing. Im just wondering if i should spend the extra money for the newer phone.

I will probably settle with a 6 though

It's your call man, I can answer any questions on the 5s and 5c because that's all I've personally used
Quote by Ablast
H4T3BR33D3R i dont have verizon, but id love one

It's not limited to Verizon. The way it's marketed can be misleading, but Pixel phones can be bought unlocked.
Quote by chrismendiola
It's not limited to Verizon. The way it's marketed can be misleading, but Pixel phones can be bought unlocked.

people who buy into smart phones are probably already too stupid to look up the advantages of other OS and realize how the fuck they function.. 
I don't think they realize nearly every phone is universal. 
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 22, 2017,
stratkatnot entirely true, i used to work for verizon (tech support and billing) and there was no way to "unlock" the device, most CDMA phones are pretty much verizon only.

Also, im not sticking with one OS over another, its just apple owners sell their iphones as soon as a new one comes out. So theyre easier to find and cheaper (for the most part)
Send me money. I'll send you my lovely 5S (already has iOS 11 installed) in Space grey, perfect in every way. I'm picking up the iPhone X, so I'll be using one of those other brand loaners until then.

It was purchased direct from Apple, unlocked at birth, was running on AT&T, currently on T-Mobile. You'll still need that other chip for those from foreign lands (foreign to Apple, anyway) and you're good to go.

Apple's pretty good about maintaining compatibility with operating systems. The 5S is a 64-bit phone, and it came out in (I believe) 2013 and it's still fine with the latest operating system. I don't think there's another smartphone from that year running the latest version of another firmware.