Page 1 of 2

Back  in the mid-1990s, I walked in to guitar center newly opened at 7 corners  Virginia and heard, simultaneously, "cold shot" (SRV), "enter sandman",  and "lithium" being played loudly and badly on really expensive guitars.

I  knew what had to be done so I found a red kramer neck-thru sporting a  cheap price tag with the floyd rose, found a huge bass rig with bass  effects processor connected, and plugged the shred axe into it.

Then  I got it set up for maximum bass using the headphones conveniently  hanging right there, pushed down the tremolo until the "E" string was  hanging limp  and plucked it probably at something like 14hz (yes, that's super low) and cranked up  the bass rig.

The string and speakers locked in sympathetically and a huge subsonic rumble went through the place.

I mean......you could see the string and the speakers under the semi-strobic fluorescent lighting of the store moving together.

It was glorious.

I  stopped after 3 seconds because I could hear a hint of harmonic about  to creep in and it wasn't easy to hold the note steady pushing so hard  on the bar.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and nobody knew where the sound came from.

One guy went to the door and looked outside probably expecting to see a mushroom cloud.

I had finally found the one thing that Quad Rails pickups do well.

I bought that kramer which had successfully stopped time at guitar center.

Strangely, it did not have the reverse headstock or the routing for the "Dtuna".

Whatever  factory made this forgot that a Dtuna doesn't work on a floating bridge well and I found that the locking nut was for a left handed guitar as well  as a far more serious problem.

See if you can guess what's wrong with this string clamp block.

I picked it up for 90 bucks because the techs there couldn't get the action less than 5/16 of an inch without buzzing..

11  dollars later on ebay and Dtuna was replaced by a string clamp bolt and the nut was replaced with the proper product.

That brought the action super low with no  buzzing.........but it only did extreme metal rhythm well because of the pickups and required a ton of EQ and pulling the coil tap switch on one knob to sound OK doing anything else.

what you need is a new amp 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

your first problem was going to seven corners
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by HowlerMonkey

Back  in the mid-1990s, I walked in to guitar center newly opened at 7 corners  Virginia and heard, simultaneously, "cold shot" (SRV), "enter sandman",  and "lithium" being played loudly and badly on really expensive guitars.

I  knew what had to be done so I found a red kramer neck-thru sporting a  cheap price tag with the floyd rose, found a huge bass rig with bass  effects processor connected, and plugged the shred axe into it.

Then  I got it set up for maximum bass using the headphones conveniently  hanging right there, pushed down the tremolo until the "E" string was  hanging limp  and plucked it probably at something like 14hz (yes, that's super low) and cranked up  the bass rig.

The string and speakers locked in sympathetically and a huge subsonic rumble went through the place.

I mean......you could see the string and the speakers under the semi-strobic fluorescent lighting of the store moving together.

It was glorious.

I  stopped after 3 seconds because I could hear a hint of harmonic about  to creep in and it wasn't easy to hold the note steady pushing so hard  on the bar.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and nobody knew where the sound came from.

One guy went to the door and looked outside probably expecting to see a mushroom cloud.

Did you then skate away on your heelys?
Quote by Baby Joel
your first problem was going to seven corners

I learned the secrets of  navigating 7 corners in the 1980s.

What are "heelies" ultimateguizar?

I've been around long enough to remember the MacArthur boulevard location of Southworth guitars and "accidently" knocking some chump down the stairs there who later because "leecountymusic" and a bunch of other ebay aliases.

Take care if you ever intend to deal with them.
Last edited by HowlerMonkey at Sep 23, 2017,
You sound like kind of an ass. The polite thing would have been to politely ask everyone to please stop playing badly.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
And then the whole sales counter applauded
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Well if we're telling stories from 20 years ago might as well use memes from 20 years ago.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i went to a mall in florida in 1997 and saw a goth girl that liked foxes
Kramer:

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I can guarantee that the bass cabinet you were using wasn’t powerful enough to meaningfully reproduce anywhere close to14Hz. Hell, most bass cabinets struggle to reproduce 42Hz.

It is doubtful that you just happened to play the string’s resonant frequency, but again, if you did, I doubt you were pushing enough air to make a string vibrate meaningfully. And Audio feedback occurs at much higher frequencies, not ‘subsonic.’

If you’re going to bullshit, at least get the physics right.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Sep 24, 2017,
Quote by WCPhils
Well if we're telling stories from 20 years ago might as well use memes from 20 years ago.

Some day this meme will really be 20 years old. Some day, memes will be referenced in the history of global media.

Fuckin blows my mind tbh
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I remember when I had messed up piece of metal and what I would do to have a pic of it now
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
How to get a guitarist to stop fiddling around:

Put sheet music in front of him.

How to get him to stop playing:

Put notes on said sheet music.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 23, 2017,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Did you then skate away on your heelys?

>not soaping
disgusting plebs
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Not sure why all the hate against folks at different skill level testing guitars at guitar stores. It's posts like this that make new players too embarrassed to test out guitars. They end up shelling out hundreds on a guitar they didn't test and end up regretting it later, sometimes giving up on the guitar all together.

What I'm trying to say is that the OP was once at the beginner level. You act like you never struggled to play your favorite riffs. Who are we to judge?

End the guitar store playing hate.
there should be no problem with kids playing their favorite crazy train riff or enter sandman. 
Rather see them hanging at guitar center then doing something worse.
All these haters on newbs can suck it no one picked up a guitar and was instantly a genius.
GEAR
DCR Stealth #7 (96 of 100)
2010 Gibson Classic Goldtop
2014 Gibson Pro Hummingbird
BIAS FX Pro
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I can guarantee that the bass cabinet you were using wasn’t powerful enough to meaningfully reproduce anywhere close to14Hz. Hell, most bass cabinets struggle to reproduce 42Hz.

It is doubtful that you just happened to play the string’s resonant frequency, but again, if you did, I doubt you were pushing enough air to make a string vibrate meaningfully. And Audio feedback occurs at much higher frequencies, not ‘subsonic.’

If you’re going to bullshit, at least get the physics right.

It is your "physics" that are incorrect.

First of all "the string's resonant frequency" is the frequency it vibrates when plucked assuming it's vibrating at it's fundamental frequency.

Also.....a vibrating string of a specific length and tension can resonate at many different frequencies depending on how many harmonic nodes there are along the string.

Ask around.....the science is sound.

You are also incorrect about your 42hz comment and obviously know nothing about the difference between a speaker's rated range and the range it can actually reproduce.

Speakers are fully capable of producing notes beyond thier rated range but with less efficiency the further you go past the rated range.

Do you know how a speaker's frequency range is "rated"?

There is no brick wall that says a woofer suddenly stops producing sound below 20hz.

Your comment about "audio feedback" is also incorrect since many artists demonstrate feedback at the fundamental note without nodes showing up that dictate a string starts to leave the fundamental and shift toward a harmonic of it.

You are currently 0 for 3 in a single post full of inaccuracies.

I mean no insult but you are clearly arguing from a position of ignorance and have neither the understanding nor the experience required to comment without bringing the thread to a yet lower common denominator than my crappy (but true) story established.

Now nutterbutters and wolfsbora bring the word "hate" into the thread as well as being the ones bringing hate to the thread.

All I did was make a super low sound that stopped all activity temporarily at a guitar center.

I didn't profess that my playing was any better but you two seem to have assigned this view to me.

You are incorrect because I have trouble playing the solo to "cinnamon girl" and am well aware of my lowly station concerning guitar playing ability.
Last edited by HowlerMonkey at Sep 25, 2017,
Careful not to drown in all that mad puss you’re getting.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
mad puss

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
HowlerMonkey

The word you missed was ‘meaningfully.’

I’m sat in front of a pair of speakers which have a +/-3dB frequency response of 25Hz to 65kHz, with a frequency range of 20Hz(-6dB) to 100kHz(-10dB). Those are big drops. So I am completely correct in saying that many speakers struggle to reproduce 42Hz, in the same way that a person on a bike may struggle to cycle at speeds that are easy for a car. Might get there, but they still struggle. Struggle does not mean doesn’t.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
HowlerMonkey

The word you missed was ‘meaningfully.’

I’m sat in front of a pair of speakers which have a +/-3dB frequency response of 25Hz to 65kHz, with a frequency range of 20Hz(-6dB) to 100kHz(-10dB). Those are big drops. So I am completely correct in saying that many speakers struggle to reproduce 42Hz, in the same way that a person on a bike may struggle to cycle at speeds that are easy for a car. Might get there, but they still struggle. Struggle does not mean doesn’t.

You "guaranteed" in your first post that it wasn't possible.

Are you now softening your stance by now saying it is possible with "struggle does not mean doesn't"?

I already know it's possible.

Maybe you should try it before saying it is impossible.
Last edited by HowlerMonkey at Sep 25, 2017,
Quote by HowlerMonkey
Are you now softening your stance with saying it is possible with "struggle does not mean doesn't"?

Life is struggle.

Have a puggle.

what about just never going within 5 miles of a Guitar Center?

problem solved.

also i won't have to listen to losers with amps in the parking lot.

win-win eh?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by MH400
What a stupid thread

I don't see you generating content, fatty.
I'm...I'm sorry.

I've been drinking (but what else is new?lololol)
>14hz
>Guitar
Pick one
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Careful not to drown in all that mad puss you’re getting.

damn it jc it's not about puss!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Kramer are really fucking decent, shame they don't exist.

My best friend in highschool had a red kramer f420 bass with black hardware, thing packed a devastating punch, the low mids were up there, but it still has low end you expect bass to cover. 
Page 1 of 2