Hello there guys! Hope everyone is doing fine.

I'm the founder of MARKARIAN, doomish metal band, and I'm the singer guitarist. For my rig I got my guitar effects pedals at my right foot, and the VoiceLive2 vocal effects processor at my left foot. 

I'm having a lot of trouble activating and deactivating effects without messing something up. I either:
  • Hit the wrong button
  • Hit MULTIPLE buttons (frigging boots)
  • Mess up a chord (or several)
  • Miss the beginning of my solos
  • Forget to sing (or breathe)
  • Several or all of the above

And this is mainly due to the fact that I can't look at my pedal boards while singing, if I could, I would have much less issues. Maybe you could suggest a mic stand position that would allow me to look down while singing? I have tried several but either I'm waaaay too bent over, or my pedals are too far away from my feet to access the comfortably.

counting on you guys!
Put your toe on the pedal while you inhale?

If it's in the budget, you might consider a controller "pedalboard" so all you have up front are on/off switches that control the pedals offstage, or further back on the board. This way your switches are all in one place and there are no knobs in the way.

But this sounds mostly like a matter of practice. Choreographing your pedal work is no different from anything else you do in performance.
I feel your pain. I also use the Digitech Vocalist 2 on my left and the effects pedals on the right. I use a short boom on my mic stand so the base of my mic stand is about a foot or more away from my feet and I can move the pedals in more to the center. Actually I have two Vocalist 2 pedals (one for me and one for my partner which are both on my left). We both switch off singing lead and backgrounds and as you know you can only use one mic each on a Vocalist 2. I am the one who activates both pedals because my partner is the drummer and both feet are busy with kick and hi-hat. I find that the important thing is to always have the set up exactly the same so the pedals are always in precisely in the same position all the time. After awhile your feet just get that muscle memory and with practice you'll soon be able to step on the switches without looking down. I have worked with these Vocalists pedals for about five years now and have it down pretty good. Last year I tried replacing one with a new TC Helicon. While the TC Helicon works well and is actually better built, the on/off switches are not nearly as easy to access and operate as the Digitech Vocalist pedals in a live situation so be happy with your Vocalist 2. 

I'll add one thing. The Digitech Vocalist 2 has plastic on/off pedals that activate a small relay beneath the pedal. Neither the plastic on/off or the switch under it are very sturdy. Be careful what kind of shoes you wear as the pedal and that relay can be broken fairly easily with heavy boots or something similar. I just replaced one of the pedals on one of mine by buying a used "as is" pedal on EBay to get replacement parts and I am pretty gentle with my Vocalist pedals. My two Vocalists are even mounted in their own Gator pedal board and case for protection and transporting. As I said above, I like the Vocalist 2 more than my TC Helicon but the Vocalist is a lot more fragile. Good luck.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 14, 2017,
Well, you can get multiple pedal switchers or fx processor, that's kinda how I came to do my current setup, BOSS GT-10 in 4 cable method controling a PSA-1 preamp, going to a power amp. Basically, I use the Boss to do all my switching so when I switch a patch it changes everything.
If you rather use pedals, you can get pedal switchers, like Voodoolab, JOYO, Rockman, etc. Budget - look up  Joyo PLX-PRO.

It is all training, just work on your singing and playing and incorporate switching last.  
Quote by cdgraves
Put your toe on the pedal while you inhale? 

Best solution yet. I've been working on my pedal placement as well with a lot of success.