So I'm starting to play bass but I have some questions.

One of them is that, if is it ok to hear the the strings to hit on the frets while changing notes? is it something that a bass just does or is there a way stop that?

Another thing, you know how the the strings buzz when you don't put your fingers right in the fret that you are suppose to play? Well I'm having trouble trying to minimize that, does anybody have tips? 

Lastly fingers or pick? Should I practice more using my fingers to play, or it's fine to learn songs with just using a pick?

I know these are beginner questions is just that I don't know anybody in person that knows how to play bass to ask them.

Last edited by saultigre2000 at Nov 12, 2017,
Question 1 and 2 - I would recommend taking your bass to a shop for a setup - I bet a large part of your buzzing and fret noise is from action, fret height or neck relief issues. 

Technique wise make sure you are fretting right above the fret, not just any ole place in between them - also you dont need to apply a ton of pressure to the strings. If your playing with a pick if your strumming very agressively, you will hear some clacking noise when the string hits the frets. Fingerstyle you mostly want to focus up plucking upward toward your chin, avoid plucking inward toward your stomach. Of course many people like the twangy, metalic sound.

#3 - Practice both - they are both useful techniques to know and be comfortable with.

Good luck!
I would suggest searching youtube for isolated bass tracks of famous songs. There's usually a fair amount of rattle and noise that adds to the sound by making it more percussive and distinct but it also partly gets lost when guitars and cymbals are added. (Or sometimes it's removed using low-pass filters.)

Apart from that Captain Insano has some good points above.
If you’re getting ‘pre-ringing’ then i think your fretting hand touch is a tad hard. You really don’t need much pressure to help sound a note.

Pick a string, keep plucking, and slowly start to fret a note, and apply progressively more pressure. The moment you start getting consistent, clear notes, that’s how much pressure you need to apply. Bonus: this will allow you to play faster (with practice) and also stops you from playing sharp (as you aren’t pulling the string as much).
In the n00b category for bass myself, the advice here is great. If you don't have a good initial set up, get it done (and learn to do it yourself). 

A good setup is a fantastic investment in time and money, which will help with the feel as you learn technique.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer