Page 3 of 3
does the filler just show through the paint, or can you feel the imperfections?  if you can feel it, now would be the time to go back and fix it.  you've put a lot of work into it and done a good job so far, despite what katy says.   dont leave it messed up if you have to go back and fix the filler
kentrock Cheers man, going to stick another layer of paint on it and see what it looks like, then rough it up with sandpaper and give it another fill if im not happy with it.
Paint and clear coat aren't really designed to fill; the paint will coat everything evenly and preserve your scratches up to a point. You can either keep spraying until you're able to wet-sand a smooth surface (which is too much paint IMHO), or sand the whole thing back and make sure you work the scratches out to 320/400 grit. You could try a coating of CA glue or Z-Poxy resin across the top of the filled areas to give you a chance of a smooth surface (obviously check they're compatible with your filler, paint and clear first, and sand back once they dry).

What grit did you sand to before spraying?
Aww yiss, I found the login for my old as fuck account. 
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.

UG's only Belgian Prog Rock band member
Here's my Equipboard: http://equipboard.com/wdsuita
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Aww yiss, I found the login for my old as fuck account. 

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
UPDATE: Filled over the tone and switch again so it's nice and smooth. Filled over the pup cavity and still wasn't happy with it so 3rd time lucky, filled a little bit more area to get it nice and level. Happy with it so far. Going to wait till it drys and give it a nice soft sand. It's a pain in the arse with the body being curved -_-

UPDATE: So after hours of careful sanding I reckon I've cracked it this time, it's very smooth and by eye it's all in shape. Very happy with it. Going to give it a paint in a bit, more updates to come

UPDATE: Repainted and I thought this was awesome and makes me super excited. The blackboard paint doesn't feel harsh like I thought it would and wipes back clean, Really cool

Last edited by redstripesucks at Dec 7, 2017,
Quote by redstripesucks
kentrock I've been trying to find a Jackson one but can't seem to find any anywhere :/

they are a bunch of them on ebay.
Quote by redstripesucks
UPDATE: Repainted and I thought this was awesome and makes me super excited. The blackboard paint doesn't feel harsh like I thought it would and wipes back clean, Really cool

that looks great!  and katy will be able to write her name on it and you can erase it!
did you find the waterslide decals?  i think the headstock would look good in a gloss, or matte that is different from the chalkboard
What i would totally do is paint the headstock in blackboard paint, write 'Jackson' on the headstock with the chalk in the same typeface style of the real Jackson logo, and then apply a couple of layers of matte clear coat over the chalk to seal it in.

That would look absolutely sick, and make it look very much like a Jackson USA custom shop guitar. But you MUST use matte clear to seal it. Gloss clear would ruin the effect.

PLEEEASE try this redstripesucks
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 8, 2017,
kentrock I found one from Canada for like 5 pound, but I reckon I'll do what BLUE said but without sealing it in case I wanna write something else on it eventually
redstripesucks one clever way you can draw the Jackson logo accurately with the chalk is to print off a 1:1 scale image of the Jackson logo, cut out the lettering from the paper with an x-acto knife and use the piece of paper as a stencil.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What i would totally do is paint the headstock in blackboard paint, write 'Jackson' on the headstock with the chalk in the same typeface style of the real Jackson logo, and then apply a couple of layers of matte clear coat over the chalk to seal it in.

That would look absolutely sick, and make it look very much like a Jackson USA custom shop guitar. But you MUST use matte clear to seal it. Gloss clear would ruin the effect.

PLEEEASE try this redstripesucks
This is exactly what I was thinking.
UPDATE: Just a quick update for now because I got really drunk so here's how she is looking at the moment, as you can tell she's smooth and looking very nice. Better pictures to come, unfortunately it's dark and I have work might give it an assemble tonight and see how she looks cheers.

Page 3 of 3