Hey folks,
Looking for some opinions here, I was told this guitar was from the 90s. The serial scheme I found online says otherwise. I was told it’s because ESP is not great at their numbering scheme. This seems to be a reputable shop near the ESP USA headquarters. Guys are friendly and willing to help me rationalize but just not adding up. Thoughts?

ESP M-1 New Old Stock MIJ Custom Shop https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322889474596
The SS serial number is usually for standard MIJ ESPs so it could check out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yea, agreed, only thing is it seemed like SS marking was introduced around 2000?
That's a Standard Series M-I ... probably about 2012-2015.   I have the exact same guitar, it's phenomenal.  My serial also starts with SS.
Xander_X

Thanks Xander, can I assume it looks similar to your? No discrepancy from what you can see compared to yours?
None. Its not a popular enough guitar to fake. 99% of fakes are signature models.
Quote by Xander_X
None. Its not a popular enough guitar to fake. 99% of fakes are signature models.

Thats not true. Most guitars that are faked are regular, run of the mill models. Tons of Epiphones, Squiers and ESPs get faked. Not just the signature guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Email ESP Support. They've been awesome for me looking up serial numbers.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thats not true. Most guitars that are faked are regular, run of the mill models. Tons of Epiphones, Squiers and ESPs get faked. Not just the signature guitars.

I mean, I guess I could be wrong.  I'm not a Gibson or Fender guy so I've never seen a fake Epi or Squier.  Why would you fake an already cheap guitar? 
Quote by Xander_X
I mean, I guess I could be wrong.  I'm not a Gibson or Fender guy so I've never seen a fake Epi or Squier.  Why would you fake an already cheap guitar? 

Because of people that think exactly like that

Here's a fake Epiphone:

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster