matteey
1. You wrote upside down. Bottom line should be for low E, not high E.
2. This seems to be different than the studio version, which is capo 3 and in concert Eb major
Quote by NeoMvsEu
matteey
1. You wrote upside down. Bottom line should be for low E, not high E.
2. This seems to be different than the studio version, which is capo 3 and in concert Eb major

Thanks for the reply!  I actually didn't create this tab myself, I paid a music teacher to tab it out for me because I'm such a terrible guitar player and couldn't figure it out on my own.  I realized the guy wrote the tuning upside down, so that wasn't the issue.

It's definitely a different arrangement than the studio version, but I really prefer this one, especially after seeing it live, so I have been trying to get the correct tab for a while now.  But when I play the tab as written, I don't think the music teacher who created it got it quite right. There is a basic pattern Sam Beam uses in a lot of his songs which is super easy (even I can manage it), but this tab doesn't seem to follow that pattern and I think it's a bit off.

Anyway if anyone ever takes a shine to this version and can weigh in on the accuracy of the tab for this specific arrangement, I would greatly appreciate it!
matteey
1. On second look, I think it's just the key on the left that's upside down, and the tab is the right way; however, that it was written that way on the side is quite questionable...
2. It's this sort of Travis picking pattern:
e|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
B|-------x-------x-|-------x-------x-|-------x-------x-|-------x-------x-|
G|---x-------x-----|---x-------x-----|---x-------x-----|---x-------x-----|
D|-----x-------x---|-----x-------x---|-----x-------x---|-----x-------x---|
A|-----------------|-----------------|-x-------x-------|-x-------x-------|
E|-x-------x-------|-x-------x-------|-----------------|-----------------|

(these are the chord shapes, I think - recording is a bit woozy on the G/B; where the bass note is determines which two-bar version you use)
3x003x 3x000x x3203x x3201x x2003x x0203x 3x003x 3x000x

Generally it's these chord shapes (without the small changes):
G | | C | C G/B | A7sus4 | | G | |
NeoMvsEu Wow, thanks so much! I really appreciate you clarifying all of that!  I am going to study everything you posted and see if that helps. Can't thank you enough!