Page 4 of 10
o ty and wat progarm ?
Quote by drevil814
Real snipers don't care if you're jumping. They wait for the oppertune moment to strike. Moral?: You're friend sucks ass at Halo and is probably homosexual.
Here's the progression for the first 56 seconds (which is all I'm able to hear ):

Em7, Am7, Bm7

C, Bm, Am (fill)

C, Bm, Am, Bm

At least that's what I hear playing on my piano (no guitar as of now)
Originally posted by WindJammer
That will sound like shit, most users here will just use a single mode/scale throughout the song, when one can play about 6 different scales over a given chord. People simply wouldn't be good enough, IMO (not to say that I'm amazing, but people aren't generally informed enough, judging by the other jams)...

Not to say I want to play over metal, but if I must, I must...

well, if they suck, thats their own fault...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Originally posted by GuitarN00b
junkstuff and 17ark - let's get STARTED

YEA (feel special, this is the only time I will ever use this icon, until I forget)
I can only convert this as an mp3 and pick up the very beginning (the first minute or so, actually)... is there anyway that you can move my jam to an identical portion of the song, because the only time i can jam is the first "verse," the first "chorus" and about 1/4th of the 2nd verse. Either that or I'll just go first.
Jesus, I'm first? And it's due today? Jeez...I'll get started now....

The phrases are a bit off for 6 slots, but I'll try to stop at 30 seconds.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
I can only convert this as an mp3 and pick up the very beginning (the first minute or so, actually)... is there anyway that you can move my jam to an identical portion of the song, because the only time i can jam is the first "verse," the first "chorus" and about 1/4th of the 2nd verse. Either that or I'll just go first.

it should already be an mp3...
I got it as an mpeg^ ... it's an supportable format for my sound card untill I convert it. Maybe I'll be able to move it myself.

One more thing: Is there a one-guitar limit? I improvised one solo and worked out another one and, when counterpointed, the two function better. I don't see how it'd be less of a jam, seeing as people will more than likely change something about their first recording and probably will plan it out a bit... I'm just adding something rather than modifying it.
I got it as an mpeg^ ... it's an supportable format for my sound card untill I convert it. Maybe I'll be able to move it myself.

One more thing: Is there a one-guitar limit? I improvised one solo and worked out another one and, when counterpointed, the two function better. I don't see how it'd be less of a jam, seeing as people will more than likely change something about their first recording and probably will plan it out a bit... I'm just adding something rather than modifying it.

go ahead, i don't see why not...
Alright, I finished! I used a bit of chorus. I really haven't improvised a coherent bass solo before, so it's not the greatest. I'm playing bass, by the way...

I really liked this track, GN00b. Nice choice.

Here's my part

Edit: I played my Carvin, in case you were wondering.
- That's one of my own!
Last edited by Junkstuff1 at Apr 9, 2005,
Well, there's a total of about 2:40 (160 seconds) and you took 1/4 of it... It doesn't really add up. If we arrange the spots now:

Junkstuff1: 0:00-0:40 (40 seconds)
audiorapist: 0:40-1:13 (33 seconds)
stiff-upper-lip: 1:13-1:45 (32 seconds)
WindJammer: 1:45-2:18 (33 seconds)
Bilzzard_of_Ozz: 2:18- End (32 seconds)
Remebo....???

This track really isn't compatible for 6 people. That is, assuming everyone gets an equal amount of time and that the time is divided by the amount of each portion/transition point in the track. Meaning, having 6 people would give awkward transitions and unfair hearings, really.

The song being 2:50 in length, if we were to keep what we have and divide the rest, everyone would get 21-22 seconds, half of what Junkstuff has, and horrible transition between. I don't blame Junkstuff, just the track and the amount of people.
Last edited by WindJammer at Apr 9, 2005,
Yeah it's not really easy to do.

TBH I like the way this track is laid out a lot, I'd rather just have everyone take up the whole thing and do their own ;o This is actually a good track for it, it does more than just looping a progression for 5 minutes.
Yeah, sorry I went a bit over, but like I said, the way the sections are set up it's awkward to stop at precisely the right time. I think you're being a little harsh, though, in your time accounting. You say it's 2:40, so you took into account that there are five seconds of silence at the end, and that it starts with some cowbell. Of the actual music, I only took up 33 seconds. Either that or you can add five seconds to the track for the cowbell part, plus three for me, and I used 36 seconds of 2:45.

I do agree with you, though.

And different people COULD overlap by a measure...
- That's one of my own!
Originally posted by Captain Colon
Yeah it's not really easy to do.

TBH I like the way this track is laid out a lot, I'd rather just have everyone take up the whole thing and do their own ;o This is actually a good track for it, it does more than just looping a progression for 5 minutes.

I'd go for that idea... however, it would semi-defeat the purpose of a "jam" and it'd just be a "favorite soloist" comp, but it'd still be a bit fairer with respect to this track.

But if anyone else wants to, I'll take up that idea. Might be a bit hard to sustain.

EDIT: overlapping by a measure doesn't nearly give the last guy enough time, however.
I'd go for that idea... however, it would semi-defeat the purpose of a "jam" and it'd just be a "favorite soloist" comp, but it'd still be a bit fairer with respect to this track.

But if anyone else wants to, I'll take up that idea. Might be a bit hard to sustain.

i might consider joining that

EDIT: overlapping by a measure doesn't nearly give the last guy enough time, however.

Yeah...but unless there's some way to guarantee it's only one take, that's pretty much what it is already.
ooh i like junkstuff's part...

and yea - there is no way to guarantee it's only one take...so i never cared about that - i just know that me, personally, have just been doing the one take thing - as for anybody else, it doesn't matter
True^, and a jam should be a bit more inteactive, it's not as though the users are jamming with eachother. Editting the recording, multiple takes, lack of interaction, it's really only a jam by name.

Maybe I'll just drop out (not officially, yet) to even out the times... but 6 people is a bitt too much IMO.
Windjammer, let's look at the math a little bit more closely.

160 seconds, right? 160 / 6 = 26.6667

Let's say I took 35 seconds, since you yourself omitted the first five in your assessment. Then there are

(160 - 35) / 5 = 25 seconds left per person.

I can record another if you like, or something, but I really don't think that it makes that much of a difference, besides me have a few more seconds to play.
- That's one of my own!
153 - 35 = 118. 118/5 = 23

23 seconds, 12 seconds just seems like a bit much to me. Especially considering that transition can be key to the general take of the solo... first impressions, really, is what gives me a general essence, until I listen more closely again (which most people won't).

That aside, there are 5 parts to this song and 6 people. Can anyone think of any better divisions?
170/6... 28.34 seconds, approximately.

Time isn't my biggest concern, just going from person to person.
so why don't we have everybody take roughly 30 sec, give or take, depending upon the person's mood? lol...i'm not a very detailed person...
Actually, it's 153/6... which is 25.5 . I guess that'd work...

We should claim our times now, however.

EDIT:
I'll figure out a time for everyone, that's equal with overlaps, is that alright? Then we all approximate it give or take a second or two?
Last edited by WindJammer at Apr 9, 2005,
Actually, it's 153/6... which is 25.5 . I guess that'd work...

We should claim our times now, however.

EDIT:
I'll figure out a time for everyone, that's equal with overlaps, is that alright? Then we all approximate it give or take a second or two?

sounds good
Alright, here we go:

JunkStuff1: Keep yours
audiorapist: Enter around 00:30, leave around 1:05
stiff-upper-lip: Enter around 1:05, leave around 1:35
WindJammer: Enter around 1:35 leave around 2:02
josephde: Enter near 1:54, exit near 2:19
porcupineoris : Enter near 2:15, leave at end, maybe prolong it a bit if you'd like
Last edited by WindJammer at Apr 10, 2005,
didn't u just mix up the some of the junior jammers with the reg jammers in ur time slots?
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.
The 17ark, I hate to be a nuisance, but if you could get yours in real soon- I've got exams coming up in a couple of days, so I want to get this out the way.

Thanks bud

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
I think we're being a bit anal about this, and I don't know where you came up with 153 and then, later, 170 seconds, WindJammer, but I think it's good that you figured out some slots. Again, I'm sorry I went over.
- That's one of my own!
I just realized that there's a little pause between my pizzicato and my slap parts, and it happens to be at right about 30 seconds in. I'll cut out the slap part, put that on my dmusic with the original, and then the next jammer can pick which he prefers - overlapping or not. I'll pm the next jammer to make sure he knows what's up.
- That's one of my own!
Can I switch with somebody? I have my Jazz concert tonight and I can't afford to take time away from practicing...