Page 4 of 10
X

Oh, no! Not another chord!
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
Redwing_suck is the closest.

Here's a clue, part of it is a regular chord, and there are two "outsider" notes.

Just be.

Ab7aug#9

EDIT: Looks like slash already has it

EDIT: His syntax of the chord... seems off: If it was Abaug7 and not Ab7aug, then the 7th should be sharped as well, IMO (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

In an Edim7 chord, the 7th itself is flatted here as well. Thus, the should be sharpened as well in an Abaug7 chord.
Last edited by WindJammer at May 14, 2005,
Well, it's Ab7(#5, #9), or that's how it was named in Guitar World's transription of I "Birds of Fire" at least. I'll say it's Slash's turn.

Just be.

^That doesn't really make sense. There is not a major triad, there is an aug triad, a b7, and a #9. If there is no perfect fifth, it's not a bad bet to say that it was merely omitted, but when there IS a 5th (a #5), it doesn't make sense to imply a perfect fifth.
^^^Well, I didn't think of that when I took it out of Guitar World.

Just be.

Last edited by fendermalmsteen at May 14, 2005,
Guitar World isn't infallible by any means... anyways, Slash's chord involves these notes:

1   3   #5   #7   #9

There shouldn't be a #7 here. In essence, Slash cancelled out the seventh entirely, yielding thse intervals: 1, 3, #5, #9.

Your magazine involves these notes:

1   3   #5   b7   #9

Which is identical to my chord:

1   3   #5   b7   #9

There's a difference between D7aug and Daug7. In this case, it would seem as though both slash and I have the chord, but his syntax is messed up.
Originally posted by fendermalmsteen

Also, a Cm7b5 is just a C diminished chord with a dominant 7th, but no perfect 5th... so why would an Ab7#5 be different (nevermind the #9)? Wouldn't that be just an Ab augmented chord with a dominant 7th? Or am I missing something?

Oh, I see what GW meant. In that case, the magazine involves my EXACT same intervals, and not slash's.
I guess it's your turn then, WindJammer.

Just be.

Lol, after all that, i'll give it to slash . I don't really care about getiing a turn, I just wanted things to be set straight.
^^^I noticed... nevermind that post.

Just be.

Originally posted by WindJammer
To your question, I'll ask this: Where does the implied "maj" in your OWN Badd9 come from?

There's a major third here, and we can safely assume an omitted fifth. I'd let FM go.
FM? *looks at own username* OHHHHHH... right...

I'll do something easy.

X
X

Just be.

^^^Think of your username, or at least the first part of it. [directed to slash_pwns]

Just be.

^^^SOOOOOOOOOOOOO close! By one semitone too!

Just be.

^^^Actually, it's Eb(b5)/E. Go anyways.

Just be.

E(b5) tri-tone

Anyone, go.

Just be.

b5 interval/tritone, E, Bb.

EDIT: Damn!

Enough with which user can post faster, a challenging one!
wait wait wait.... i thought i got the one from a while ago... i named it correctly, no? Ab alt (or Ab7+#9...)... basically a dominant chord with two alterations... so how do i not go?

no biggie, just wonderin.
Looking for my India/Django.
no, you can have yours... was just wonderin cause i thought the answer was the one i put and you had C# as the root...
Looking for my India/Django.
Arpeggio:

------6---7-
--7-5---7---
8-----------
------------
------------
------------

Root and one other tone omitted. You may come up with several names, but there is a "simplest" name for it. Sorry I didn't get this little thing up earlier.