Page 1 of 317
espguitarist08
UG Newbie
111 IQ
People dont give Floyd enough credit! THEIR FRIGGIN AWESOME! leave posts here...

JONO EDIT:

DO NOT POST ANY PINK FLOYD THREADS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD! ANY SUCH THREADS WILL BE DELETED AND THE THREAD STARTER WILL BE WARNED/BANNED!
anjin89
Snowboarder for Life
72 IQ
PINK FLOYD RULES
anyone who says different come and see me
Originally posted by X Alkaline 3
Home plate is when she lets you take a dump on her chest.

Member #45 of the Anti-Bush Fan Club
RocknRoller26
Banned
110 IQ
um how do you people dont give them enough credit. from what i ve seen just here on the forums, people LOVE them.
the_schecter17
UG Newbie
15 IQ
yea they get credit

btw: there awsome alot of ppl dont get them
I AM THE LORAX

hey....
how much wood could a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck could chuck wood?
Pl3h-B0y
UG's Egyptian
55 IQ
I love Pink Floyd!!
I'm actually making a t-shirt that has them on it
They rule
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Sun King
Finntroll & Moonsorrow!!!
347 IQ
pink floyd is only one of the greatest bands in the world.. pink floyd is one of the most talked about bands in this forum.. dont know what your talking about.. but i still love em..
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
They had their own thread on this forum and it had so many pages it reched its post limit...they are definitely loved here.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
Agent_00Funk
Banned
152 IQ
Pink Floyd is the ****, i dont care who you are. Great music, great lyrics, and great music to smoke to as well.
metalhippie
I always tell the truth
16 IQ
They need to do a 2005 concert
My guitar is my only remedy.
Shred like you never shreded before
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
Originally posted by the_schecter17
yea they get credit

btw: there awsome alot of ppl dont get them

Yes thats true a lot of people dont understand them but i think there the best
Liam Alan
Come on feet
355 IQ
Originally posted by espguitarist08
People dont give Floyd enough credit! THEIR FRIGGIN AWESOME! leave posts here...

If you want to see the other threads here already you can just use the search button. It will show what people here have already posted about Pink Floyd. It is easier that just starting a new thread.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
beaker
UG Rock Star
72 IQ
why do so many people think pink floyd are so underrated? i saw a tribute act last saturday and the show sold out; and let me tell ya, the amount of different people in that show, of all ages and cultures is incredible..and everyone knew the words!!!! pink floyd might be more popluar than you think!!!
sabbathblack12
UG's effin Zeppelin fan
18 IQ
i thinnk floyd is the greatest, like with the emotion that gilmour puts into his solos, like wow, like ive never seen anybody put so much heart onto there solos.
Member of the Van Halen club, PM CornLord or powerage1984 to join

Founder of the Trailer Park Boy's pwn club.......PM me to join

member #17 of Rush Fan club PM Highway2Hell to join

Creater of the Def Leppard club, PM me to join
E Daws
I play guitar
336 IQ
Ive always wondered what genre Pink Floyd falls in. They have a lot of songs with a similar feel to them, yet no other band sounds like them. It's like they are a genre on their own.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Well, they could be called Prog rock, psychadelic (NEVER will they be psychadelic with me, but they are with other people), and classic rock of course. Maybe art rock, depends on what you think is art rock.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
RocknRoller26
Banned
110 IQ
yeah, pink floyd was like the most artistic band, just look at their album covers, the special effects in their songs not to mention how they are live.
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
If they're not given enough credit, is that why they're one of the biggest rock bands ever? I think DSotM sold like 25,000,000 albums in the U.S. or something. And if they do do a conecert, I really hope They get back with Roger Waters, and it'd be interesting if they got back with Syd Barret too, even though he's psycho or whatever.
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Getting back with Syd is virtually impossible. He doesn't go by Syd anymore, he doesn't play music, he doesn't talk to anyone who was associated with his past life. He did go mad and its not like crazy psycho killer mad or sit-in-your-room-and-watch-you-sleep mad or something. His affliction is really sad...I don't think we should upset him by asking if he wanted to do a Pink Floyd reunion.
Quote by knerken
mmonster
U.G.'s scariest member
21 IQ
They are the best!(I oughta know,seen em 3 times)Have been hooked since listening to umma-gumma on my first acid trip
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Without Roger, there wouldn't be most of the albums which we all love so much, aka. The Wall, DSOTM, WYWH, Animals, etc.
Quote by knerken
egstam
rockoff!
221 IQ
Read my signature

They are friggin awesome.
The lyrics and the music, they are a musical masterpiece.
Last edited by egstam at Jun 1, 2005,
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
Don't get enough credit? You joking? They get plenty of credit around here...because they are one of the greatest bands ever. Now, about a reunion tour, don't count on it. As much as I'd like it to happen, its not going to anytime soon.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Floyd is widely recognised as an amazing band, i dont know where you're gettin this "underrated/unknown" thing from.
by the way, which one's Pink?
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
Originally posted by SoulStripper7
^^Getting back with Syd is virtually impossible. He doesn't go by Syd anymore, he doesn't play music, he doesn't talk to anyone who was associated with his past life. He did go mad and its not like crazy psycho killer mad or sit-in-your-room-and-watch-you-sleep mad or something. His affliction is really sad...I don't think we should upset him by asking if he wanted to do a Pink Floyd reunion.

hell yea we dont want to upset Syd he might kill himself or something
Liam Alan
Come on feet
355 IQ
Originally posted by self-made_page
Oh, in case you didn't hear somewhere else, the Pink Floyd reunion is officially OFF. NO GO.

That is the second time you've said that now. We understand. Man, you really like raining on parades don't you? Their might still be a chance. Let us talk about it.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
django student
painter, piper, prisoner
20 IQ
since i've been into the floyd, i've always wondered what the world must look like to syd. is he just permanently tripping, or does he live in some sort of hellish nightmare? obviously he took things a little too far, but i think it would be interesting to see what actually goes on in his head. he kind of reminds me of the Colonel Kurtz character from Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now.
you're nearly a laugh, but you're really a cry....
JB Mate
199 IQ
An unbelievable sound. I am only 19 but they are my fav band and have been since I was 12.

You do tend to find that a lot of Guitarists like us have a massive appreciation for them!
Masterofdarknes
UG's Floyd_Fan
1,135 IQ
am only 15 and absolutly love them i ow my dad so much for getting me into them and this now lifestyle of great music
skydogzoso1986
430 IQ
yeeeeeeeeah, they ruuuuuleeee !!
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
eastern_riffs
UG Psychologist
875 IQ
How did you ever get the idea they don't get credit?

LoL..They're little overshadowed by LedZep and Deep Purple,I know,because that's what was popular in the 70s and 80s,but Floyd still got the credit they deserved (Though it could always be more)

DSOTM sold like 20 million copies,and floyd had songs that stayed on the billboard for 700 weeks.

The problem began when the band disbanded,and every band member started doing their own concerts playing the songs from Pink Floyd.That's when people lost some interest.

Today,people may not like,or even know,Pink Floyd.But go back 2 decades and ask the same question.

You'll know your answer.

PINK FLOYD RULES!!!
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
self-made_page
LAN'd
402 IQ
Originally posted by Liam Alan
That is the second time you've said that now. We understand. Man, you really like raining on parades don't you? Their might still be a chance. Let us talk about it.

I posted it in a different thread, and since not everyone reads every thread, and it is a big deal, I figured I would let everyone know. That's all.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
DSOTM sold like 20 million copies,and floyd had songs that stayed on the billboard for 700 weeks.
it was the album DSOTM that stayed on the charts for 700+ weeks, not songs. Still, that's a rediculous number.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.