Page 2 of 317
I'm angry at waters right now, he's a great writer and all, but he's got a huge ego now, It make me sad inside that no reunion is going to happen.

The music will live on through the vinyl though.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
^^He's always had a huge ego, hell I think it declined in the years since he left Pink Floyd.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
^^ I find it kind of ironic that you started a Roger Waters fan club !
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
^^I love his music and I find him to be just hilarious, you should hear his rants. We like to rant about the same things. And when I said it declined you know I meant that he doesn't seem to have as big of an ego as he did back in Pink Floyd. Dude if I wrote stuff as good as the stuff he writes I'd have a big ego too, we all would.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
Anyone ever smoked pot to 'shine on you crazy diamond'? Did the guitar tone sound like rippling water? Am i losing my mind?
if they got back with roger, he would say something n the whole band would be pissed n split again
Don't double post!!
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
You know that david gilmour was an incredible guitarist but he really couldn't show off or solo that much because he was more of the guy who wanted to solo anytime he could but roger waters was more of the dark depressed singer and that gave no time for soloing and that lead to waters leaving the band.

just thought that was interesting
VH Rules
^^thats not true at all. Gilmour didn't show off because he didn't need to. He had plenty of solos, look at Money, Time, Dogs, Pigs (3 Different Ones), Comfortably Numb, etc. His solos fit the songs well, they weren't meant to show off.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Allright he didn't need to show off but waters didn't want him to solo, because it didn't fit waters type of music
VH Rules
Roger is a great musician but I cant stand him! Hes a bitch to the rest of the band.
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
crap guys.. i though syd was dead a long time ago.. but anyways.. yeah i just read some interviews from roger, syd, and david and they were all pretty cool... but yeah, i got their greatest hits the other day cause i couldent afford the wall.. and its ****ing brilliant.. oh my god, i got it like two nights ago, and i swear ive listend to each disk like three times already.. and right now im listening to echoes.. and its great! i love floyd.. one of my new favorite bands
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I grew up on Floyd, so I can pretty much blame them on the way I turned out...

Great musicians, no matter what.
- K -
once again... i love pink floyd!
but anyways, i like roger waters the most out of all of em.. though i like every single one of them for something.. david gilmour is soo cool. i love his style of guitar.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
same here wilty.. i used to be like, eh there cool..
but this last week theyve turned into one of my favorite bands man
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Well I listened to I think it was Another Brick in The Wall part 2. and I got HOOKED. Wish You Were Here after that. I go through like these little stages where I hear a song, listen to it 24 hours a day for 2 days and one time I forget to restart the song and the next song on the list comes on.

Rinse and repeat
yesterday i listend to wish you were here ten times in a row (i was sick from school)

and now im hooked on comfortably numb... lol three times in a row so far
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Last edited by Sun King at Jun 8, 2005,
a little suggestion to you Floyd newcomers...if you liked the song Wish you Were Here, you will most definately like the album. GREAT musically and lyrically. Also, Animals is probably my favorite, again, musically fantastic as well as some amazinf lyrics.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
animals is next.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
I enjoy their music, perferably The Wall and Wish You Were Here.
PM ME TO JOIN THE ANTI-BUSH FANCLUB
62 members so far
^Good stuff...but I'd say check out Meddle, one of my favourite Floyd albums. Great stuff on that record, but can be quite trippy to a new Floyd fan.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
1. Dark Side Of The Moon
2. The Wall / Wish you were here
3. The Division Bell
4. Meddle
5. Atom Heart Mother
And so on...

Err, all of them are really good albums...

Also, David Gilmour - In Concert is as good as DSOTM.
Last edited by egstam at Jun 9, 2005,
the most amazing thing to me is how consistant they were. i've been trying to get a hold of all the lesser known albums they put out before dark side of the moon, and everything i've heard so far is right up there with the better known stuff in my opinion. a saucerful of secrets and meddle are two of those that i'd definately recommend.
you're nearly a laugh, but you're really a cry....
what gives there are no tabs for anysongs on the division bell, one of the best albums!!!!!!
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

visit some pink floyd forums @ forums.silent-echoes.co.uk!
^I'd hardly say that The Division Bell is one of the best (although it's my number 1 album art). I find the post-Waters era to be extremely lame compared to Waters. Also the music is less guitar-intensive, and the guitar parts don't all use basic chords. It would be pretty hard to tab all that out by ear.
i did for coming back to life and a great day for freedom. Not tried any others though. Heared about live8?
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

visit some pink floyd forums @ forums.silent-echoes.co.uk!
the only credit they get is for the people who are like " darkside of the moon is a great cd" but in my opinon wish you were here and piper at the gates of dawn are a little bit better w/ the wall
so, so you think you can tell,
heaven from hell?
blue skies from pain?
can you tell a green field, from a cold steel rail?
a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell,
did they get you to trade,
your heroes for ghosts?
hot ashes for trees?
hot air for a cool breeze?
cold comfort for change?
and did you exchange,
a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?

how, how i wish you were here.
were just two lost souls swimmin in a fish bowl,
year after year
running over the same old ground,
what have we found?
the same old fears.
wish you were here.
Originally posted by Tarter Sauce
so, so you think you can tell,
heaven from hell?
blue skies from pain?
can you tell a green field, from a cold steel rail?
a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell,
did they get you to trade,
your heroes for ghosts?
hot ashes for trees?
hot air for a cool breeze?
cold comfort for change?
and did you exchange,
a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?

how, how i wish you were here.
were just two lost souls swimmin in a fish bowl,
year after year
running over the same old ground,
what have we found?
the same old fears.
wish you were here.

I know this song is about Syd, but I haven't really been able to pull any meaning from it except:

Did you exchange
a walk-on part in the, for a lead role in the cage

Could someone please help me out?
Never in my life have i ever listened to music with such feeling as the songs ive heard from Pink Floyd. Some have brought me to tears , the feeling portaited in some of there guitar solos...........mind blowing and there messages are mind blowing too. The sole reason i ever picked up an elect guitar was from hearing CN outro .

A song i dont hear to much on in here is "On the turning away"

Pink Floyd........Rock On
Originally posted by self-made_page
I know this song is about Syd, but I haven't really been able to pull any meaning from it except:

Did you exchange

aight, my dad explained this to me a little while back, and this is what i can remember.

its talking about the draft to the war and if you refuse to go, they will put you in jail. i might not have explained that 100% but i hope you can get the idea.
Originally posted by self-made_page

Did you exchange

Actually I am pretty sure it's not about Syd. David Gilmour explained the meaning behind "Wish You were here" in the "Classic Albums - Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of Moon" DVD. He said after DSOTM came out Pink Floyd became this monster platnum band and were getting away from their true meaning of playing. He said we made Wish you were here because we weren't. Now, I am not sure if he mean't the album or just the song but since the album is named after the song I am betting that is what he mean't. So according to the writer of the song it wasn't about Syd. If you want to argue just buy the DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AOV85/qid=1118635143/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/102-4725272-8424167?v=glance&s=dvd
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Jun 12, 2005,
(s)hine on (y)ou crazy (d)iamond is the one about syd.

its an amazing album nonetheless
[img]http://www.france-incubus.net/images/index.gif[/img]
leave me here in my stark raving sick sad little world