Page 3 of 317
OH MY GOD IM GOING TO SEE PINK FLOYD IN LONDON!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

visit some pink floyd forums @ forums.silent-echoes.co.uk!
Pink Floyd are the rulers of the earth!
Member of the Van Halen club, PM CornLord or powerage1984 to join

Founder of the Trailer Park Boy's pwn club.......PM me to join

member #17 of Rush Fan club PM Highway2Hell to join

Creater of the Def Leppard club, PM me to join
Originally posted by Mr Pink

Wow, you get to see Floyd. I hate you. You better have a review for us after the show.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond

you lucky little sh*t. i wanna go

but i'm happy for you
Quote by Stop Messin'
Emo is an image, Hair Metal was a life style.
so they did get back 2gether.

pink floyd is the shizzit!!
Quote by Russ_Newf
My pet penis.
I walk it and pet it everyday.

*to the tune of ironman*
i am pakistanman runnin thru the desert from the americans they have bombs and guns lots of other shit so i better run
^Y are you sad??
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Originally posted by «ÃFireÏnside»
Wow, you get to see Floyd. I hate you. You better have a review for us after the show.
Definitely I will write a review, I am a journalist after all. Only joking, but im training to be one when I go to UNI! IM SEEING FLOYD!!!
We can all dream, We can all hope, We can all fantasise........COME ON PINK FLOYD TOUR!!!!!!

You lucky bastard! I wish I could go see Pink Floyd.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Originally posted by Pl3h-B0y
^Y are you sad??

Because its old news. Its been brought up atleast 20 times in this thread, and it designates its own thread. Just he brought it up like it's breaking news

Definitely I will write a review, I am a journalist after all. Only joking, but im training to be one when I go to UNI! IM SEEING FLOYD!!!

Do you have to keep rubbing that in our faces?
No lol but would'nt you be bouncing off the walls?

i think pink floyd is one of the best bands ever
...and yet i fight this battle all alone noone to cry to no place to call home.
alice in chains, nutshell
Floyd is awesome but I think the once Roger Waters got a big head he started to suck incredibly. Has anyone heard his solo CD "Amused to Death" there isn't one good song on it. Yet Pink Floyd without Roger Waters is not much better "Division Bell" was a terrible CD, Gilmour is not the great at writing lyrics, although he can sing much better than Roger Waters. when their was equillibrium in the band they were great. They were great with Syd, unfortunately that didn't last very long, and will never happen again I don't Syd has touched a guitar or sang in like 30 years.
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
I don't think The Division Bell is that bad, IMO A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a lot worse. The Division Bell has its high points in Coming Back to Life, Marooned, Lost For Words, Take It Back, High Hopes. But I agree that Dave is a second-rate (at best) lyricist.
Originally posted by MountainJam
Floyd is awesome but I think the once Roger Waters got a big head he started to suck incredibly. Has anyone heard his solo CD "Amused to Death" there isn't one good song on it. Yet Pink Floyd without Roger Waters is not much better "Division Bell" was a terrible CD, Gilmour is not the great at writing lyrics, although he can sing much better than Roger Waters. when their was equillibrium in the band they were great. They were great with Syd, unfortunately that didn't last very long, and will never happen again I don't Syd has touched a guitar or sang in like 30 years.

Amused To Death is one of my favourite albums. Not a song on there that I don't like.

Roger had a big head from point one...and Pink Floyd was great with him.

Division Bell is a very good CD IMO, along with MLOR.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
Im not a big Pink Floyd fan, not much of a fan at all actually, a crime that deserves castration some of you might say. Some of their fans are really pretentious though, they act so high and mighty because they claim that they 'get' them while others can't. The fascist-like nature of some of the fans ive met is partly the reason why ive never given Floyd a chance but if someone wants to recommend an album to get me started id appreciate it.
^^You'll get those facist fans with any band though. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc.

I'd start with Dark Side Of The Moon or Wish You Were Here for albums though.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
I started with The Wall, and I think it helped get my head around the Floyd, because there was so much to get. Dark Side of the Moon is good too, but if you want my opinion, Wish You Were Here is overrated. I'd say Animals rather than WYWH.
dont even get me started on pink floyd. i love them. my favorite band in the world

nobody i know even understands pink floyd(except my fifteen year old cousin), nor gives a crap about them.

(but i have to admit, its probably because i'm only 11, and my friends could care less about them.)
Are there any queers in the theater tonight? Get them up agaist the wall!!
-Pink Floyd
Originally posted by MountainJam
"Division Bell" was a terrible CD, Gilmour is not the great at writing lyrics, although he can sing much better than Roger Waters.

Division Bell is a very diffrent sound and the Pink Floyd that put that out are a very diffrent Floyd that put out Dark Side or Meddle etc, but i quite like it, its very easy to listen to and the guitar work is very impressive, especially the slide on high hopes, i suppose you would call it an adult contemporay album, but a very good one at that

and yeah i agree that david deffinetly isnt as good a lyricist as roger, but i really like rogers voice, its not your typical brilliant voice, but he hits any note he needs and i like the was he talks/sings in songs like the gunners dream or southampton docks etc
Quote by MountainJam
How do i contract brain damage?
I think Division Bell was a lot like MLOR. It sounded a lot like it. I feel Gilmour got bit by the 80's bug a bit. His post-Waters stuff was a lot of main sythesizer stuff. Very different.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
I don't have Division Bell, but I do have Momentary Lapse of Reason. I don't really like MLoR that much, I dunno, maybe I should listen to it a little more...to me it wasn't *Pink Floyd*. I was listening to my dad's old albums yesterday, and I found Obscured By Clouds. Great album. Now that I've listened to it a few times, I can say that it is highly underrated.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^^^
yeah Obscured By Clouds is possibly my fav Pink Floyd album
Quote by MountainJam
I was never a big fan Of Obscured. I don't know why. I just had a real distaste for it. The last time I listened I liked it I just never thought it was their upper crust stuff. More is a much better soundtrack.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
i never really got into more, it was so hard to track down and when i finally got it, i was pretty disapointed
Quote by MountainJam
Pink Floyd = b e s t f u c k i n b a n d e v e r ! ! ! !
Member #12 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

Samauri #2 if your interested.
The division bell is one of my fave albums atm, but the lyrics do suck compared to Roger's stuff. I really like the whole guitar part of the division bell, marroned, coming back to life, a great day for freedom etc. I think the Wall is a really good album, but not for first time listeners of Floyd, as it is a very aqquired taste lol. DSOTM and WYWH are good albums to start with.

Originally posted by SoulStripper7
Amused To Death is one of my favourite albums. Not a song on there that I don't like.

Roger had a big head from point one...and Pink Floyd was great with him.

Division Bell is a very good CD IMO, along with MLOR.

Actually Roger did not have a big head at the outset, when Syd was the main performer of the band he was noticed the most because of his talent and looks. In fact when Gilmour joined the band everyone thought Gilmour would take over the band because he was a triple-threat (singing, songwriting, and guitar). Yet Roger Waters showed his talent and gradually became the main songwriter along with contributions from Rick Wright, David Gilmour, and once and awhile from Nick Mason. Yet Roger gradually got more and more songs on each album and began to sing more (because his lyrics most of the time suited Rogers voice better) so gradually he pushed aside the rest of the band from big contributions. In fact Roger Waters even kicked Rick Wright out of the band, because he didn't think Floyd needed Rick Wright, although Rick was obviously a huge contributor to Floyd's sound. Roger even made it clear that he would go on to a solo career cause he didn't think he needed Floyd to make a good album. In fact he gave Flod a choice "I've got two ideas The Wall and Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking you choose one and I'm doing the other one for my solo CD." Yet as he proved in his solo album his lyrics mean nothing without good music to accompany it. In fact even on his solo CD "The Pros and Cons of Hitchiking" the great Eric Clapton could not prevent that CD from being subpar. Therefore i believe Pink Floyd can only be good as a unit because without a essential part of the band they produce music that should dissapoint even them when you compare it to their great CD's (Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you were here, piper at the gates of daw, etc.)
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Last edited by MountainJam at Jun 21, 2005,
^^I don't know about a "tour" but they are definately doing live aid. And if they do tour, I will go to extreme measures to get tickets to that show.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
But before you get comfortably numb, Floyd fans, don't expect a world tour.

Said Waters: "It's great to be asked to help Bob raise public awareness on the issues of third world debt and poverty. The cynics will scoff, screw 'em! Also, to be given the opportunity to put the band back together, even if it's only for a few numbers is a big bonus."

WTF!? I thought Dave has been trying to get back together for years, but Roger wouldn't have it?
^^^lol, i didn't know about roger kicking wright out of the band. what a dumbass; wright had more to do with establishing their sound than anybody except maybe syd. wasn't it wright who played that awesome solo on matilda mother? to me that was the highlight of piper at the gates. as far as the rest of the albums go, i love gilmour's guitar, but i don't think it would have sounded nearly as cool without wright backing him up with the keys. my favorite thing about the floyd is the way each member had a particular contribution(hell, even mason's drumming sort of has its own signature style), making for some excellent jamming. It wasn't about anybody's individual talent, but the way they came together as a group. they are doing live 8, so maybe roger finally understands this, but i doubt it.
you're nearly a laugh, but you're really a cry....
Roger tried to kick everyone out of the band. It seems the bigger of an asshole you are the more talented you have. There is a story I read of Roger refusing to pick Syd up for practice because of his problems. He is a dick but damn he make up for it with his art.

Originally posted by self-made_page

WTF!? I thought Dave has been trying to get back together for years, but Roger wouldn't have it?

LMFAO!!! That is exactly what I thought. After hearing all of that, I don't like him even more now (Roger that is)

Originally posted by Liam Alan
Roger tried to kick everyone out of the band. It seems the bigger of an asshole you are the more talented you have. There is a story I read of Roger refusing to pick Syd up for practice because of his problems. He is a dick but damn he make up for it with his art.

Actually the whole band decided not to pick up Syd...he was already gone. And he didn't try to kick everyone out of the band....he just wanted dominance over the band, thats all.
Quote by knerken
I heard from a interview with Gilmour, when he first started, that they we in a limo to practice and Waters told the driver not to pick him up. It could have be a misquote in the article.

I was speaking facetiously when I said he wanted to kick everyone out. I guess my sarcasm doesn't show well in my typing.

pink floyd...yeh famous but not heard of enough!!! they ROCK!
erika

"...so what if i haven't memorized all the cute things to say...but i'm workin on it..." lifehouse